atljbo

Affecting the QB

31 posts in this topic

Mannnn this D played their *** off but this D-line played great... The only complaint is we should have easily ended this game with atleast 7 or 8 sacks instead of 3.... Some of those missed sacks did turn into ints tho... I really love what im seeing out of the inside guys.... We all know Grady is a beast.. I can easily see him getting 8 to 10 sacks this year.... All of the inside guys has been impressive but i would like to point out Davison...... Not only has he been stout up the middle.... But dude also gets push up the middle.... Not allowing the QB to stand up so Takk, Vic,and even grady can get at the QB deeer in the pocket.

Even on some of Wentz 2 passes to nelson agholor during that last drive....Dude was getting blasted....

The Eagles have one of the better Offensive lines and Takk, Vic and them boys gave them problems....Takk had one of them games ppl talk about with a pressure game can be bigger then a regular 2 sack game.... He had no sacks but dude was a MONSTER .. Jason Peters is a top 5 LT and dude was a victim out there.

We are playing another top-ish Oline next week (The Colts) .... Lets keeo this going.

Sidenote:

Ive seen ppl talk about Ramsey and a trade...... Right now.... Right now.... Tru is playing better then Ramsey... We need to appreciate the grind Tru put in during the offseaon and has stepped his game up even more (i thought he played really good at the end of last year)

Shoutout to Rico just because

6 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

So apparently Dan Quinn really does know what he’s doing with this defensive line s***.

Quinn coaching DL as DC, Ulbrich at LB coach along with Manuel coaching secondary as Asst DC would have been sweet....But our secondary improved quite a bit last week so there is nothing to worry about at the moment 

PokerSteve likes this

4 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

I can’t get excited until we start finishing those woulda coulda shoulda sacks.

Good progress though.

That credit goes to wentz. He was a dawg out there. The average qb those almost sacks are definitely sacks. Some qb’s evade sacks. Heck Beasley should’ve had 2 but wentz got one off incredibly. 

Just now, TheFatboi said:

That credit goes to wentz. He was a dawg out there. The average qb those almost sacks are definitely sacks. Some qb’s evade sacks. Heck Beasley should’ve had 2 but wentz got one off incredibly. 

Wentz was stellar and all, but his instinct to extend every play no matter what is going to get him killed. 

7 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

So apparently Dan Quinn really does know what he’s doing with this defensive line s***.

the reason i wiuld offer the cowboys a late round pick for Taco Charlton

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

i was looking at the game and thinking... how the **** wentz get out that..... i said it like 5  times

then that Vic Beasley play happen... He was half a inch away from his knees being down for a sack

Just now, atljbo said:

i was looking at the game and thinking... how the **** wentz get out that..... i said it like 5  times

then that Vic Beasley play happen... He was half a inch away from his knees being down for a sack

Poor Vic.

He's getting there this year. He's gonna do alright.

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Wentz was stellar and all, but his instinct to extend every play no matter what is going to get him killed. 

That’s his game. He’s a Big Ben clone. He’ll be ok. He’s a competitor. That’s what you expect from a guy like that. I’d he pissed odd if I know he can move but he just keeps taking sacks. 

Geneaut likes this

1 minute ago, atljbo said:

I was doing the same thing. Watch Beasley’s second sack. He left his feet to put all of his weight on wentz to get him down. 

7 minutes ago, atljbo said:

He was incredible. He was outdoing Harry Houdini on some of those pressures. :lol:

falconidae and Drew4719 like this

Can someone watch the defensive film and tell me how Beasley had a good game.. like point out where he had a good rush? He had one good inside move on Lane all game. The play where he almost sacked Wentz was a result of Grady and Takk getting pressure, he didn’t beat Peters. And the play where he did sack Wentz was explained on the broadcast how that was a win for the OT

thats before we get to the run game which is a longer discussion. I’m just thankful for Takk, I’ve thought he was going to be an all-pro since his debut against the bears and I’ve stuck by it, a true monster 

22 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

^What this guy said. And total defense too.

I'll this one in for good measure, if DQ is our DC in SB LI, we'd have a Lombardi in the trophy case right now 

13 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Can someone watch the defensive film and tell me how Beasley had a good game.. like point out where he had a good rush? He had one good inside move on Lane all game. The play where he almost sacked Wentz was a result of Grady and Takk getting pressure, he didn’t beat Peters. And the play where he did sack Wentz was explained on the broadcast how that was a win for the OT

thats before we get to the run game which is a longer discussion. I’m just thankful for Takk, I’ve thought he was going to be an all-pro since his debut against the bears and I’ve stuck by it, a true monster 

it seems folks only want to fall into two categories when it comes to vic, either he is the next great DE like abe or he is a bust like jerry was. the truth is he is an above avg De, and to answer your question he should have had two sacks got good pressure all night and when he dropped into coverage the few times he did, he helped clog up some throwing lanes.

43 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Defensive lines are tricky because you have to have a good unit to really get the most out of it.

Every position matters... especially the depth.

The offseason signing of Davidson could be one of the most unheralded pickups as he could be that missing piece the dline needed.

HASHBROWN3 likes this