Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vel

Rise Up...or Get Gone! Scouting the Opponent: The Indianapolis Colts

62 posts in this topic

Hey @vel, if it isn't too much to ask for (pwetty pwease pwease), can you include the main plays you will use for offense and defense against said teams especially if you feel they can be had in certain looks, alignments, etc..? 

Like would it be better to play 5-2, 3-4,4-4 bear front or over/ under (I'm making stuff up at this point) since they will be leaning on the run heavily and the short passing game? 

On offense do we focus mainly on running from spread formations when they are in thre cover 2 (if that's their main look) or do we line up in the I formation and pound the rock down their throats? 

Edited by ShadyRef

On 9/17/2019 at 0:16 PM, vel said:

But if this defense steps up again, they should hold this offense under 20 points. If they allow over 200 yards passing, I'll be disappointed. This is a game set up for them to show off their team speed on defense, consistently clamping down on short passes and making the Colts frustrated. Play disciplined and physical in the run game and hold this Colts team for ransom.

Man... They let Brissett light them up. The defense didn't step up and got rolled for a 20 point first half. Terrible. Couldn't get stops when they needed them, shot themselves in the foot several times. It was embarrassing. They got what they deserved. 

Vandy likes this

5 hours ago, vel said:

Man... They let Brissett light them up. The defense didn't step up and got rolled for a 20 point first half. Terrible. Couldn't get stops when they needed them, shot themselves in the foot several times. It was embarrassing. They got what they deserved. 

Yeah, I never saw that coming. Brissett is a better QB than we thought, but we didn’t do a good job either. At all.

ugh....

vel likes this

1 hour ago, vel said:

The sad part is the DL was actually getting consistent pressure yesterday. Such a waste

vel likes this