Sun Tzu 7

(This was after Eagles Game) Quinn, need motivation? Show the team the power rankings!

30 posts in this topic

Quinn shouldn't let the team get too full of themselves after the win Sunday night.  Colts are for real and shouldn't be taken lightly.

If Quinn needs any extra motivation how about the lack of national respect?

Just look at the various power rankings.

Falcons are in the bottom half of them and significantly lower than the Brees-less Saints.

Please Note.  I understand power rankings mean almost nothing.  Just saying they can be used for motivation and the 'no respect card', which Quinn should be pulling.  Even though Power Rankings mean next to nothing there's the 'no respect' thing Quinn can and should use.

Don't let the team get comfortable.  Keep that fire lit!

hashmark61, Romfal and Flyin' In DC like this

28 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Power rankings don’t really matter at the end of the day, but how are the Steelers ahead of us on the NFL.com rankings? That team is about to go WAY down, and they’re already 0-2. 

It's a popularity poll. Eagles shouldn't be ranked above us either, same as the saints.

me4falcons and Sun Tzu 7 like this

I’m not sure words can even communicate how few s***s DQ and the players give about power rankings.  It’s not like the AP poll or something. And I don’t think DQ motivates from that kind of place.  I think talking to the team about external disrespect would be the anti-Quinn, tbh.

Francis York Morgan likes this

1) I honestly don't think power rankings impress any player in the NFL. As such, I doubt they are motivational. They barely matter to some fans. 

2) Nothing in Sunday's game left me thinking they were lacking in Motivation. Win the trench war, check. Attack relentlessly, check. Make big plays that were left on the table for first 12 weeks of last season, check. Attack in the red zone, check. 

This team was popping anything in Green. It was a bad day to be an opponent. Motivation?  Check!

rounz likes this

59 minutes ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

I’m not sure words can even communicate how few s***s DQ and the players give about power rankings.  It’s not like the AP poll or something. And I don’t think DQ motivates from that kind of place.  I think talking to the team about external disrespect would be the anti-Quinn, tbh.

25 minutes ago, falcndave said:

1) I honestly don't think power rankings impress any player in the NFL. As such, I doubt they are motivational. They barely matter to some fans. 

2) Nothing in Sunday's game left me thinking they were lacking in Motivation. Win the trench war, check. Attack relentlessly, check. Make big plays that were left on the table for first 12 weeks of last season, check. Attack in the red zone, check. 

This team was popping anything in Green. It was a bad day to be an opponent. Motivation?  Check!

1.  Yes.  Power rankings don't mean jack.  This was meant to use the 'no respect' card to motivate the team because the team isn't getting respect nationally.

2.  Clearly they weren't lacking in motivation.  It was a nationally televised game,  they just got EMBARRASSED the week before, there's a history with the Eagles games to pull from

So yes they were SUPER motivated for the Eagles game.  What I'm saying is Quinn needs to manufacture things to try and keep up the level of motivation.

What no one wants is the Falcons to go from 'We were just embarrassed and can't let that happen again on national TV, let's stomp these guys!!!!!!' to 'here come the luckless Colts'

All things being equal with preparation, schemes, etc.  A little extra motivation doesn't hurt.  To be clear motivation alone won't win you a game but it can give them that little bit of extra edge.

Bellicheck used to use the 'no respect' card all the time before the Pats became the 'greatest dynasty of all time' so no one disrespects them anymore.  But if there's even a whiff of that BB jumps all over it.

If the Falcons want to be taken seriously they need to prove it against the Colts.  And hopefully that's what Quinn is telling them.

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Quinn shouldn't let the team get too full of themselves after the win Sunday night.  Colts are for real and shouldn't be taken lightly.

Falcons are in the bottom half of them and significantly lower than the Brees-less Saints.

Please Note.  I understand power rankings mean almost nothing.  Just saying they can be used for motivation and the 'no respect card', which Quinn should be pulling.

ESPN's is the funniest. Philadelphia is at #8. We're at #16. Did I dream that game on Sunday, or...?

16. Atlanta Falcons (1-1)

Week 2 ranking: 19

Pleasant surprise: DT Tyeler Davison has been a great addition for the Falcons up front, keeping running backs from exploding up the middle with his strength. With a playmaking difference-maker next to him like Grady Jarrett, Davison just has to do the dirty work. And Davison does that work rather well, helping shore up a big need coming into the season. -- Vaughn McClure

Now look at our ranking after Week 2 in 2016

3at2aj.jpg

athell likes this

The Falcons need to prove which team they are.  Are they the team that got manhandled by the Vikings? Are they the team that physically stood toe to toe with the Eagles and willed out a victory by making plays when it mattered? Show up and play with urgency. Do not underestimate your opponent!!!

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

16. Atlanta Falcons (1-1)

Week 2 ranking: 19

Pleasant surprise: DT Tyeler Davison has been a great addition for the Falcons up front, keeping running backs from exploding up the middle with his strength. With a playmaking difference-maker next to him like Grady Jarrett, Davison just has to do the dirty work. And Davison does that work rather well, helping shore up a big need coming into the season. -- Vaughn McClure

lol, I remember getting called out by some for being excited for Davison.  Told them to watch the film to see for themselves, but they refused because they didn't know his name and assumed I was over hyping for the sake of over hyping.  Good times.

Falcons In 2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, Bigbenright said:

The Falcons need to prove which team they are.  Are they the team that got manhandled by the Vikings? Are they the team that physically stood toe to toe with the Eagles and willed out a victory by making plays when it mattered? Show up and play with urgency. Do not underestimate your opponent!!!

They were never the team that got manhandled by the Vikings.  Y'all need to realize what week 1 in the NFL really is, especially for Dan Quinn led teams.

Bigbenright and Drew4719 like this

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Please Note.  I understand power rankings mean almost nothing.  Just saying they can be used for motivation and the 'no respect card', which Quinn should be pulling.  Even though Power Rankings mean next to nothing there's the 'no respect' thing Quinn can and should use.

I don't care about Power Rankings...personal opinions with bias toward certain teams.  The bold is all I care about.

Sun Tzu 7 likes this

1 minute ago, athell said:

They were never the team that got manhandled by the Vikings.  Y'all need to realize what week 1 in the NFL really is, especially for Dan Quinn led teams.

I agree. I simply do not want a let down on the road.

4 minutes ago, athell said:

lol, I remember getting called out by some for being excited for Davison.  Told them to watch the film to see for themselves, but they refused because they didn't know his name and assumed I was over hyping for the sake of over hyping.  Good times.

For a paltry $795,000.  We stole him

athell and Francis York Morgan like this

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

For a paltry $795,000.  We stole him

He's been the best offseason acquisition for us imo.  You can throw in Carpenter/Brown, but Davison has been a force inside.

Falcons In 2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I'd extend him right now. No point waiting. 4 years.

Agreed!.  Go ahead and figure out a way to get it done TD.

He could very well be the missing piece.

Emmitt likes this

On 9/17/2019 at 10:55 AM, Sun Tzu 7 said:

1.  Yes.  Power rankings don't mean jack.  This was meant to use the 'no respect' card to motivate the team because the team isn't getting respect nationally.

2.  Clearly they weren't lacking in motivation.  It was a nationally televised game,  they just got EMBARRASSED the week before, there's a history with the Eagles games to pull from

So yes they were SUPER motivated for the Eagles game.  What I'm saying is Quinn needs to manufacture things to try and keep up the level of motivation.

What no one wants is the Falcons to go from 'We were just embarrassed and can't let that happen again on national TV, let's stomp these guys!!!!!!' to 'here come the luckless Colts'

All things being equal with preparation, schemes, etc.  A little extra motivation doesn't hurt.  To be clear motivation alone won't win you a game but it can give them that little bit of extra edge.

Bellicheck used to use the 'no respect' card all the time before the Pats became the 'greatest dynasty of all time' so no one disrespects them anymore.  But if there's even a whiff of that BB jumps all over it.

If the Falcons want to be taken seriously they need to prove it against the Colts.  And hopefully that's what Quinn is telling them.

Power rankings mean nothing.  I get that.

I was just hoping something like this didn't happen.

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Maybe he'll make a new t-shirt.

He'll hire a plane to fly a banner over the practice field this week that says "road mentality."

Sun Tzu 7 likes this