Spts1

Name your first favorite NFL player

185 posts in this topic

On 9/17/2019 at 6:55 PM, Iowa irdfan2 said:

andrewslott.gifWilliam Andrews is the reason I am Falcons fan.

giphy-downsized-large.gifEarl is the first Jersey I remember having

Observe the William Andrews video closely young’uns:). I bet Ronnie Lott didn’t get run over like that more than two or three times in his entire career. That’s how it’s done. 

Walter Payton, followed by Jim Mcmahon.

I grew up in Chicago.

First favorite Falcon was Deion Sanders.  He's pretty much the reason that I'm a Falcons fan.

On 9/21/2019 at 4:33 AM, trudweathers said:

Bart Starr... We had no Falcons back then and Bart was a friend of my parents in college.  I was a cheese head before their were cheeseheads.

bartstarrdownload (30).jpg

I agree with another poster. Great pic. That field looks like something The University of West Georgia would play on now. Man how times have changed

First favorite? Wow, so many great players form back in the day.  First favorite Falcon William Andrews, non Falcon Lawrence Taylor.  Runners up Scott Case, Ronnie Lott, Mike Singletary

50 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Observe the William Andrews video closely young’uns:). I bet Ronnie Lott didn’t get run over like that more than two or three times in his entire career. That’s how it’s done. 

The Earl Campbell stiff arm highlight where he carries the poor guy five yards in the air is otherworldly.  He played before my time but my gosh what a beast.

Edited by Peteshweddy