Spts1

Name your first favorite NFL player

170 posts in this topic

I too thought Joe Namath was "Joe Cool" but, my "first" all time favorite NFL player is Steve Bartkowski.  I once had a football magazine with an article about him and it stated that he was an all around athlete.  It said that in college, he once hit a 500 yard homer and in football he once threw a football from end zone to end zone!!!

Spts1 likes this

8 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Exact two I put down..  Nice picks...

You remember the coke lids that had these players under the lid back then? I am pretty sure they was the metal kind(hard bottle). Its been so long I might be wrong. When you make these picks you know youre around 40 yr old -50 range

Edited by falconsrsuper
Spts1 likes this

Terrance Mathis, Mike Vick, Roddy, Spoon, Ryan, Julio and now I love Neal, Debo and Grady. 

Non Falcons - Randy Moss by a mile. Watching him as a kid with his technique on deep and jump balls taught me how to play WR for real and forever feel a connection to the position (I'm 6'4).

Spts1 likes this

10 hours ago, falconsrsuper said:

You remember the coke lids that had these players under the lid back then? I am pretty sure they was the metal kind(hard bottle). Its been so long I might be wrong. When you make these picks you know youre around 40 yr old -50 range

Im dead center of the baby boomers, born in 57, I'm 62 but feel more like I'm 42,  God's been good to me even thou I've gone through a lot with my first wife who was bedridden for 10 years with MS, She when home in 2008 , lost everything I had but now have another awesome wife with a nice place paid for here in Tunnel Hill where I grew up. My God is an awesome God.. He guides and provides....

Larry Csonka growing up

As an adult got to meet him great guy and felt like a kid again

My wife as a kid lived next door to Mercury Morris he would say hi to her everyday as he went for a run

On 9/17/2019 at 10:06 AM, Geneaut said:

Toss up between these two gentlemen.

Image result for william andrews

And not the ref ... I said 'gentlemen'.

Love it and agree!!!

Geneaut likes this

Just now, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Eddie George was the first player i really followed before the Falcons came into my life

He was a beast

MattM12 likes this

1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Eddie George was the first player i really followed before the Falcons came into my life

Look what he did to Ray Lewis with ONE arm...

Related image

Image result for eddie george gif

:o

Edited by slickgadawg
SkerFalcon8710 likes this

Drew Bledsoe...loved watching him play.  After all he gave for the Patriots organization, then after the fans treated him when he almost died on the field the year Brady became the starter, I'll never respect Patriots or their fans again.  Followed him until the end of his career, have his jersey from all three of his teams.  Over 300+ of his football cards.  HUGE fan.  

Spts1 likes this

1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

A 3.5ypc beast :lol:

3.5 ypc will keep the chains moving :)

Just looked at his career stats and had forgotten he got 403 carries one season. How did he survive as long as he did?

2 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I buy jerseys for each team to represent all of them (still debating if I will buy other NFCS jerseys) for my man cave.  Eddie George is one I have on the list as who I want from that team, him or McNair

What I've learnt from this thread is that I missed watching some greatness in Bart and Andrews!!!

I was lucky to grow up in the Mike Vick era. I loved him in madden but found him frustrating to watch. Always ended up enjoying watching our DL wreak havoc.

Watching Peyton Manning wanted me to play QB, not Vick.... I always always more of a fan of other QBs at the time.... But Quarterbacking and the cerebral nature of the game is what drew me into wanting to learn more and more, and ended up playing QB (badly)

Pat Kerney is the reason I ended up playing DE.  Loved the way he played the game, a true pro, high energy, and life goal arms. That ish matters when you are a kid lifitng weights, boi was jacccccked.

patrick-kerney-2_medium.jpg

Vandy and VTCrunkler like this

3 hours ago, Geneaut said:

3.5 ypc will keep the chains moving :)

Just looked at his career stats and had forgotten he got 403 carries one season. How did he survive as long as he did?

He may have continued playing after that season but he wasn't the same guy. 2000 was the year he had 403 carries. His production fell off mightily after that year.

• 1996-2000 = 80 G, 1763 CAR, 6874 YDS (3.9), 42 TD
  • 2001-2004 = 61 G, 1102 CAR, 3567 YDS (3.2), 26 TD

The Titans just ran him into the ground. He had over 300 carries each of his 8 years with the Titans.

Geneaut likes this

9 hours ago, federicofalcon2 said:

Drew Bledsoe...loved watching him play.  After all he gave for the Patriots organization, then after the fans treated him when he almost died on the field the year Brady became the starter, I'll never respect Patriots or their fans again.  Followed him until the end of his career, have his jersey from all three of his teams.  Over 300+ of his football cards.  HUGE fan.  

Yeah. They did Bledsoe dirty.  I remember how they treated him. 

federicofalcon2 likes this