Spts1

Name your first favorite NFL player

185 posts in this topic

On 9/17/2019 at 9:02 AM, slickgadawg said:

Come on man, gifs, gifs...:lol:

Atlanta Falcons Nfl GIF

Image result for jamal anderson dirty bird gif

Atlanta Falcons Dirty Birds GIF - AtlantaFalcons DirtyBirds Dance GIFs

The reason I became a Falcons fan as a young kid. My late grandfather was a huge Packers fan and I’d watch games with him. Taught me the game and cultivated my love for it. He pressed me to choose a team to follow that I liked, to become a legit fan of my own team.

I still think part of why I follow the NFL so much to this day is because it makes me feel close with him. I can still conjure his laugh after I throw a fit on gamedays. Helped me get over the super bowl loss quicker. 

Spts1 likes this

My first "favorite player" was Seau.  I just loved his tenacity and toughness.  The first Superbowl I can remember watching was when they got blown out by the Niners.  I have to say the next guy that quickly became my favorite was Moss.  Michael Vick is the guy that made me the Falcons fan that I am today.

JUnior.jpg

MattM12 likes this

Junior Seau, the Chargers Vs The 49ers super bowl. I was 7 and my dad and uncles hated the Niners bc they beat up our boys and Deion had left to go there, so naturally I cheered for the underdog chargers.

It was definitely Mike Vick. As a kid, I kind of thought of football as being all tough and physical; a sport for meat heads (really just how it’s portrayed in children’s television)... Vick’s game really introduced me to the more electric/play making side of football and the swagger that came along with it and that helped me fall in love with the sport. 

mqg96 likes this

3 hours ago, shock said:

The reason I became a Falcons fan as a young kid. My late grandfather was a huge Packers fan and I’d watch games with him. Taught me the game and cultivated my love for it. He pressed me to choose a team to follow that I liked, to become a legit fan of my own team.

I still think part of why I follow the NFL so much to this day is because it makes me feel close with him. I can still conjure his laugh after I throw a fit on gamedays. Helped me get over the super bowl loss quicker. 

Brah, thats EXACTLY how I got into football.  Let me back up a little bit.  As a youngster I used to hate the screaming crowd like noise coming from my granddad's tv on Sundays.  I didn't know what it was but it made me feel like everything was boring and plain for some reason.  Then, I remember getting interested in Superbowl VI between Dallas and Miami because my granddad was making a big deal about the game.  I remember liking the Dolphins uniforms and I was hooked.  I watched the next Superbowl with the Dolphins, the Superbowl with Dallas vs Denver and its " orange crush " defense and after that I started getting interested in pro football  and found out that Atlanta had a team so I would follow the Falcons through books and the newspaper.

As I got older and we moved to a town that had the local Atlanta stations then I started following the Raiders and then the Falcons.  The Raiders were on tv a lot and they had that rivalry thing going with the Steelers and I've always liked underdog teams so I instantly hated the Steelers.   I then started following the Falcons exclusively after the Raiders won the Superbowl against Minnesota.   It was because of my granddad though, like you, that I got interested in football.

Edited by slickgadawg
shock likes this

First favorite NFL player....Bradshaw

First favorite Falcon player...Bartkowski. 

**It was hard to choose between Bartkowski and Humphrey!

On 9/17/2019 at 8:29 AM, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Bartkowski - Still my favorite Falcon's player.  

Agreed. Mr Bartkowski threw a beautiful pass when I was really learning the game. I even met him a few years ago. Still a class guy. 

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

Brah, thats EXACTLY how I got into football.  Let me back up a little bit.  As a youngster I used to hate the screaming crowd like noise coming from my granddad's tv on Sundays.  I didn't know what it was but it made me feel like everything was boring and plain for some reason.  Then, I remember getting interested in Superbowl VI between Dallas and Miami because my granddad was making a big deal about the game.  I remember liking the Dolphins uniforms and I was hooked.  I watched the next Superbowl with the Dolphins, the Superbowl with Dallas vs Denver and its " orange crush " defense and after that I started getting interested in pro football  and found out that Atlanta had a team so I would follow the Falcons through books and the newspaper.

As I got older and we moved to a town that had the local Atlanta stations then I started following the Raiders and then the Falcons.  The Raiders were on tv a lot and they had that rivalry thing going with the Steelers and I've always liked underdog teams so I instantly hated the Steelers.   I then started following the Falcons exclusively after the Raiders won the Superbowl against Minnesota.   It was because of my granddad though, like you, that I got interested in football.

The year I decided on Atlanta was right around the end of the season their super bowl year with Dan Reeves and Jamal Anderson. I loved their uniforms, colors, players, everything. I’ll never forget watching Dan Reeves do the dirty bird after the NFC Championship win. 

VTCrunkler and Spts1 like this

17 hours ago, Atownbound said:

I can't believe no one has said this man. The hardest hitting safety in the league. Only player I know of that hit someone and crack his helmet. The white assassin!!!!!!!

Umm, I was way ahead of you and posted the exact same video.

21 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

@Knight of God You're gonna like my pick!!

On 9/17/2019 at 6:39 PM, duckhoa said:

If it were not for the Falcons, I would not even watch football. But, Deion is the only player I ever followed after he left the Falcons. 

The man was such a great play maker.  Hated to see him come back to Atlanta, kick the Falcon's ***, and proclaim it his house.....but man....such a great play maker.  

You have to admit, he was entertaining.  Were you not entertained when him and Rison started fighting....that was fun to watch.

Totally agree and yeah made me like Rison even more lol.  

duckhoa likes this