Cole World

Brian Baldinger - Baldys Breakdowns

75 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, jdawg4876 said:

Brown low key was the best lineman sunday, gave up only one pressure too

 

8 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

He pancaked Quinnen in the preseason.  If Brown keeps his head on straight, he can be really good.  It looks like he has an occassional brain fart and that ends up in a false start or a hold.  He is a super physical guy that finishes his blocks.  I'll have to rewatch the game and look at that.  I was in 100000% fan mode during the game and wasn't trying to analyze anything.

Gotta hope Koetter & Mularkey are watching this is a guy I’d be running behind.He was a big reason Barkley at the Giants got going the 2nd half of last season.

This is the missing piece to this offense is a consistent running threat if we can get this going our passing attack goes to the next level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

 

Gotta hope Koetter & Mularkey are watching this is a guy I’d be running behind.He was a big reason Barkley at the Giants got going the 2nd half of last season.

This is the missing piece to this offense is a consistent running threat if we can get this going our passing attack goes to the next level.

See, that’s why I always figured Carpenter was the veteran security blanket but they wanted Chris and possibly Brown to work out as the starters once we drafted the OL. Brown has injury setbacks and Carp was more consistent at LG.

Brown just looks more comfortable at RG and makes sense given he got most his reps and PT there for Giants last year.

On top of this, we have Gono developing nicely just hurt his back. TBD If Schweitzer will be back as depth next year.

Imagine if Lindstrom could convert to C when Mack retires. Gono becomes a starting LG.

Edit: The possible lineup would be relatively cheap until 2023 but Brown is only a 3 year deal through 2021...we can dream lol.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
kiwifalcon, gazoo and NWFALCON like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Heck and the Dline had 3 sacks while missing on at least 4 more by a miracle. 

 

I could hardly believe the magic act put on by Wentz Sunday. The pocket had literally imploded several ties with Wentz surrounded on all sides, yet he would slip out of it.  He also threw the ball and completed a big money pass with Beasley draped all over him. 

Our defensive line was PHENOMENAL. Longest run 5 years, intense pressure with 4 rushers almost the entire game.  And that was against Pro Bowlers Jason Peters, Jason Kelce, Lane Johnson  and Brandon Brooks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jesus said:

They looked good on that play but Freeman still had no where to go.

After three quarters of that he might have. But the game didn't turn that direction.

Jesus and rounz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Statick said:

These are the same fans that get off on throwing batteries at opposing fans in their **** stadium, the same people who booed and snowballed Santa Claus? And they have the nerve to coin others as sociopaths?

That's rich.

Yup. And each comment got hundreds of upvotes. It's apparent the younger kids are eagles fans circa Superbowl win. 

Tim Mazetti likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gazoo said:

Baldy is talking about how physical our offense was, how we were more than just blocking defenders, we were destroying them, tossing them around like rag dolls.

I haven’t seen our team on both sides of ball play that physical in years. The brute physicality of that game had me so fired up after it ended I had trouble sleeping. 

2019 Atlanta Falcons......It’s on boys. 

I project a division title with home field advantage for playoffs.

It's a welcome and overdue change for a Falcons line doing the pushing and tossing instead of the 9ther way around.

NFLFLOPPAN.gif

 

gazoo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

Well then that will be our secret weapon this year.  We’ll have Matt Ryan lead blocking like an Oklahoma drill through the hole on these plays and shortening necks.  

Russel Wilson did some of that sunday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Somehow when Ito comes in there, there is space for running all of a sudden.

Ito had 28 of his 32 yards on one play... Otherwise he averaged 1.3 yards per carry.

Tim Mazetti likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I could hardly believe the magic act put on by Wentz Sunday. The pocket had literally imploded several ties with Wentz surrounded on all sides, yet he would slip out of it.  He also threw the ball and completed a big money pass with Beasley draped all over him. 

Our defensive line was PHENOMENAL. Longest run 5 years, intense pressure with 4 rushers almost the entire game.  And that was against Pro Bowlers Jason Peters, Jason Kelce, Lane Johnson  and Brandon Brooks!

I'm surprised that more people haven't mentioned how absolutely crushing our run D was. I guess it was one of those things where you don't notice how good it is because they were doing what they were supposed to do. Their biggest run of the night was 5 yards though. That is insane. This is what Quinn has been talking about all these years. I wonder if people realize that this is why we were able to affect Wentz so much. They knew that they had no chance to run the ball so they had to pass all night, and we knew that and abused their QB as a result. 

And like you said, the Eagles O line ain't some sort of namby-pamby soft group of players. They're seasoned and battle tested, and our line still made them look weak. Bringing in Bailey and Davison and even Clayborn back clearly made a huge difference for the line. Those are three very very strong men that will not get pushed around at the line. I hope this D line does this consistently this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brewcrew said:

Ryan usually eats blitzes up.  Just needs to get back in sync with the DK offense so he can act without thinking.  It's clear he's still processing things a little too slowly, but it should start picking up in the next few weeks.  Minny and Philly are two tough defenses to try to find your groove on.  

 

 

He was reading it pretty well they just need to hold up a little better in the middle to allow Ryan to step into his throws. He was just a little deep on what would've been two touchdowns to Ridley and Hardy.

He still needs to connect on those. He's just not the type who is comfortable throwing off his back foot and doesn't want to miss short. If he hits on those passes that game is a blowout.

I've actually been surprised by his arm strength when he can't step into the throw. There's just been too much of that so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jesus said:

Let's just say he hasn't had a good start to the season.

Looking at Matt's pick to Hooper in the endzone, Stocker was wide open at the 4. Matt looked right past him.

Thought for sure he was going to Stocker on that play. I was really surprised where he threw that one.

Matt has thrown the 2 or 3 worst passes I can ever remember him making in these games. 

I've seen him miss but hardly ever make a horrible decision and miss. As the OL settles down, I think he'll get back to normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gazoo said:

I could hardly believe the magic act put on by Wentz Sunday. The pocket had literally imploded several ties with Wentz surrounded on all sides, yet he would slip out of it.  He also threw the ball and completed a big money pass with Beasley draped all over him. 

Our defensive line was PHENOMENAL. Longest run 5 years, intense pressure with 4 rushers almost the entire game.  And that was against Pro Bowlers Jason Peters, Jason Kelce, Lane Johnson  and Brandon Brooks!

It was inspiring to say the least.

We whooped that pro bowl *** & Wentz was fkg Houdini man!

gazoo, Cole World and Tim Mazetti like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Cole World said:

 

None of this is gonna change about that loser Stocker!!! 

Game after game he misses key assignments,  has mental errors and it causes turnovers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JermareATL said:

Ito had 28 of his 32 yards on one play... Otherwise he averaged 1.3 yards per carry.

That's why they call it an average. You don't discount the long plays because you want to. 

Tim Mazetti likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

1NKXB4BQ_vWXaUB2j-nbEAz4F3SPwNHz5jXNbbCC

Hmmmmm, “the Sociopaths”......our defense needs a nickname identifying its new nature, and I kind of like the ring to that :lol:

Tim Mazetti likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

See, that’s why I always figured Carpenter was the veteran security blanket but they wanted Chris and possibly Brown to work out as the starters once we drafted the OL. Brown has injury setbacks and Carp was more consistent at LG.

Brown just looks more comfortable at RG and makes sense given he got most his reps and PT there for Giants last year.

On top of this, we have Gono developing nicely just hurt his back. TBD If Schweitzer will be back as depth next year.

Imagine if Lindstrom could convert to C when Mack retires. Gono becomes a starting LG.

Edit: The possible lineup would be relatively cheap until 2023 but Brown is only a 3 year deal through 2021...we can dream lol.

To me it was all about insurance.

I think the FO mindset was to go all in on this group and they did that with the draft picks.

Brown Carpenter & Sambrailo buy us development time with Lindstrom and McGary thank god with the incidents that have hit both draft picks.

Gono is a bonus and Schweitzer is a capable versatile backup and will do a job when asked.

I’m one of very few who wanted McGary to start I just felt we didn’t need to rush either one of these guys.Thats not a bad thing for me taking time with these guys.

Injury now with the less prep time with the rookies looks like it’s going to be an issue throughout the league and they have a shorter time to acclimate.Hence why now the FA pickups look like genius type of moves.

gazoo and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 8:08 PM, WhenFalconsWin said:

That's why they call it an average. You don't discount the long plays because you want to. 

I'm not discounting them (or "it" to be more precise, since there was only one long play). I was just saying that your sarcasm didn't make sense. "When Ito comes in there, there is space for running all of a sudden" would imply that Ito was breaking off good runs with most of his touches, which isn't the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JermareATL said:

I'm not discounting them (or "it" to be more precise, since there was only one long play). I was just saying that your sarcasm didn't make sense. "When Ito comes in there, there is space for running all of a sudden" would imply that Ito was breaking off good runs with most of his touches, which isn't the case. 

No offense but it always seems to be the case. Unfortunately, Free is done. I will give him a little to to prove me wrong, but my eyes can see the speed and quickness is gone.

Not to mention he doesn't block or pick up blitzes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now