Cole World

Brian Baldinger - Baldys Breakdowns

75 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

Brown low key was the best lineman sunday, gave up only one pressure too

He pancaked Quinnen in the preseason.  If Brown keeps his head on straight, he can be really good.  It looks like he has an occassional brain fart and that ends up in a false start or a hold.  He is a super physical guy that finishes his blocks.  I'll have to rewatch the game and look at that.  I was in 100000% fan mode during the game and wasn't trying to analyze anything.

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

They looked good on that play but Freeman still had no where to go.

And this is my problem. We are blaming it on freemans injuries but its not like the OL are world beaters on the ground. 

benxiong likes this

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

Yes and no. He had a hole to the left but his field vision is poor. He chose the wrong place to go. Usually his stutter steps and lack of speed to the hole kill him as well.

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yes and no. He had a hole to the left but his field vision is poor. He chose the wrong place to go. Usually his stutter steps and lack of speed to the hole kill him as well.

That hole was negated by Stockers assignment who pushed him left and forced freeman to go right 

Dem Birds, me4falcons and duckhoa like this

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

That explains the sell out blitzes. Their front 4 couldn’t get it done with 4 man rush. Hope the offense is ready for blitzes.

Ryan usually eats blitzes up.  Just needs to get back in sync with the DK offense so he can act without thinking.  It's clear he's still processing things a little too slowly, but it should start picking up in the next few weeks.  Minny and Philly are two tough defenses to try to find your groove on.  

ShadyRef, rounz, nomak and 9 others like this

11 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

That hole was negated by Stockers assignment who pushed him left and forced freeman to go right 

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

Gotta put that one on my dude Mcgary tbh. He was supposed to come off the double team and hit Brown (the MLB) quicker, even if it wasn't a full on great block. You even see him whip around when he realizes what he did wrong. 

This line could be really good run blocking when they gel all the way later in the year. That small adjustment is the difference between the 2 yard carry we got and a 8-20 yard romp.

5 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

Ryan usually eats blitzes up.  Just needs to get back in sync with the DK offense so he can act without thinking.  It's clear he's still processing things a little too slowly, but it should start picking up in the next few weeks.  Minny and Philly are two tough defenses to try to find your groove on.  

It’s mostly the new OL and guys getting in to back field unblocked and play calling. We saw that in preseason game against Jets. DK needs to dial in quick plays on blitzes. They had long developing deep routes earlier when philly was blitzing. 

Brewcrew and PokerSteve like this

Baldy is talking about how physical our offense was, how we were more than just blocking defenders, we were destroying them, tossing them around like rag dolls.

I haven’t seen our team on both sides of ball play that physical in years. The brute physicality of that game had me so fired up after it ended I had trouble sleeping. 

2019 Atlanta Falcons......It’s on boys. 

I project a division title with home field advantage for playoffs.

20 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Baldy is talking about how physical our offense was, how we were more than just blocking defenders, we were destroying them.

I haven’t seen our team on both sides of ball play that physical in years. The brute physicality of that game had me so fired up after it ended I had trouble sleeping. 

Finally the "Fast & Physical" showed up.  We've been hearing about it since Quinn got here, and frankly, I was getting tired of all of the talk. It arrived Sunday night, and I couldn't be more excited.  I am really interested to see what the complainers are going to be whining about when this team is 13 & 3!

2 hours ago, Jesus said:

That’s cause it’s a numbers game. There’s always more defenders than you can block because the qb doesn’t block anybody. Philly blitzed on the first play so there was gonna be one extra guy that free would’ve had to beat on his own but the defender filled well and closed what could’ve been a nice lane. But it doesn’t take away from the fact the line had everybody they could block blocked. If Philly didn’t blitz it would’ve been a big gain. 

31 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Finally the "Fast & Physical" showed up.  We've been hearing about it since Quinn got here, and frankly, I was getting tired of all of the talk. It arrived Sunday night, and I couldn't be more excited.  I am really interested to see what the complainers are going to be whining about when this team is 13 & 3!

There are a few of us on the message board expressing enthusiasm  for what you just pointed out and what Baldy is trying to show in that clip. I’m not sure everyone gets it though. Some watch that clip and only see a run getting shut down after a few yard gain.

Our lines on both offense and defense were dominant and physical Sunday night.  For the first time in years, this team won a bloody, physical trench battle.  This was a breakout game from this perspective and shows me we finally have what it takes to be a champion.  

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

Baldy is talking about how physical our offense was, how we were more than just blocking defenders, we were destroying them, tossing them around like rag dolls.

Haha.  Such a stark contrast in tatf overall demeanor between this week and last week.  

33 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

4 yard gain and never went back to it except for on Ito’s long run. 

That’s because all of the first half the runs on first down we’re putting the team on 3rd and long or the penalties. 

59 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

That’s cause it’s a numbers game. There’s always more defenders than you can block because the qb doesn’t block anybody. 

Well then that will be our secret weapon this year.  We’ll have Matt Ryan lead blocking like an Oklahoma drill through the hole on these plays and shortening necks.  

PokerSteve likes this