ShmevinShmarris

Explain To Me How..

61 posts in this topic

Sanus block wasn’t a block in the back? The block was initiated at the LOS but was way outside of the free blocking zone?

Anyone got some verbiage for me?

13 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He didn’t push him from the back.. you need to watch not see some pics.

Yeah.  I wouldn’t call it a block.  More like getting in the way.

Drew4719 likes this

35 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He didn’t push him from the back.. you need to watch not see some pics.

20 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yeah.  I wouldn’t call it a block.  More like getting in the way.

He really didn't push him at all. The defender was headed the direction to head off Julio, and went down, not because he was pushed but because of the change of direction spinning around to go after Julio now in front of him; like was said, more similar to a pick play than a block in the back

It wasn't called because there was nothing to call; ticky tack

7 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

I mean.. he definitely engages with his back.

Defender did more of a re-route on his own and Sanu puts an arm out but it wasn't an obvious shove. To me, it looked like the DB had control of most of his movements and Sanu set a pick 'n roll. :tiphat:

Sanu barely touches him in the back.

Defender blocks himself out more than any block in back. Refs let it play out because it wasn't obvious. Good no-call.

JDaveG, jas82487, octoslash and 1 other like this

7 minutes ago, caponine said:

Sanu knew he blocked in the back, missed call. Cant do anything about it now  

lol there wasn't a shove. Sanu extends an arm but the defender fell all on his own. No block in the back. Would've been a terrible call. Like a WR that extends an arm but doesn't push off.

Drew4719 and jas82487 like this

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

lol there wasn't a shove. Sanu extends an arm but the defender fell all on his own. No block in the back. Would've been a terrible call. Like a WR that extends an arm but doesn't push off.

Julio did that in the endzone on his first TD, and I was worried the refs were going to throw a flag

Ergo Proxy, Drew4719 and JDaveG like this

14 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

After watching the replay of that several times...besides Sanu calling it immediately...so does Free, from the opposite side of the field. Effing hilarious man

It shows that our offense is that in sync and aware of one another's abilities. It's one of those subtle benefits of a lot of these guys playings together for a while.

Also, that play was fun. Football needs more of that.

9 hours ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Sanus block wasn’t a block in the back? The block was initiated at the LOS but was way outside of the free blocking zone?

Anyone got some verbiage for me?

It definitely was.  One of many lucky breaks Atlanta got in a game they clearly should have lost.

red falcon likes this

3 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

It definitely was.  One of many lucky breaks Atlanta got in a game they clearly should have lost.

Yeah, definitely should have lost... :lol: Last I checked both teams turned the ball over 3 times giving away points to the other. Last I checked Ryan missed back to back TDs and Aghelor alligator armed a TD. Last I checked we missed a FG after those dropped TDs and the Eagles had the turnover on downs so both came away with 0 on the drives.

It was a back and forth game that came down to the final drive just like every other Philly game. Neither team played well or deserved to win but someone has to. 

8 hours ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

I mean.. he definitely engages with his back.

I have a better question, how come the Iggles were not hit with a penalty for having too many men on the field. Watch the clip, when Julio is at the 5 yard line, a Philly player and a couple of coaches make their way onto the field.

Ergo Proxy and ya_boi_j like this

16 minutes ago, DD: Objective Elite said:

I have a better question, how come the Iggles were not hit with a penalty for having too many men on the field. Watch the clip, when Julio is at the 5 yard line, a Philly player and a couple of coaches make their way onto the field.

Don’t answer the question with a question. Trying to figure out if it was just a missed call or if there’s some verbiage I don’t know about.

Edited by ShmevinShmarris

56 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Why does it matter? There wasn't a penalty and the play won the game. Instead of making excuses for losses, now we coming up with reasons the game should have been lost. smh

Seeing if there was something to learn from the play. For example Julio’s td on the pick play against Seattle the year we went to the Super Bowl was a legal play because the receiver was blocking within one yard of the LOS. I didn’t know that at the time.

Go practice falling down.

Edited by ShmevinShmarris