Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think our defense has the talent to keep The Chiefs and Patriots offense in check?

22 posts in this topic

Both the Patriots and Chiefs offense looks unstoppable so far. Our defense is still gelling but looks like it has potential to be very good with DQ as the coordinator. Do you think that the Chiefs and Patriots offense would most likely torch our defense if our defense was at it's peak? Or do you think our defense on it's A game would give them problems? 

We’re just fans. This whole notion of “focusing on our next opponent” is played out imo. 

With that being said, no. At least not currently. I want to see Oliver develop and for us to consistently get home with four

5 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

I don’t think you can shut down offenses like those. You slow them down and take care of business on the offensive side of the ball.

Agreed. You limit possessions.

10 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

I don’t think you can shut down offenses like those. You slow them down and take care of business on the offensive side of the ball.

You think DQ believes that?

12 minutes ago, No.11 said:

You think DQ believes that?

Yes.  

A less talented Patriots offense put up 28 points on Quinn’s dominant Seahawks defense in SB 49.  And we aren’t close to the level of that defense.  

We are still allowing 24 ppg...granted, our opponents have an average starting point of the 50 yard line..lol.  So it’s hard to tell.  

rings639 likes this

I think the Patriots are playing crazy against inferior competition. I'd like to see how they handle the Bills defense in a couple weeks. 

It's absurd how the AFC East isn't even fielding competitive teams anymore. At least the Bills are trying now but the other two are a joke.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

40 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Yes.  

A less talented Patriots offense put up 28 points on Quinn’s dominant Seahawks defense in SB 49.  And we aren’t close to the level of that defense.  

We are still allowing 24 ppg...granted, our opponents have an average starting point of the 50 yard line..lol.  So it’s hard to tell.  

A talented Rams offense put up 16 points. At home.

A talented Broncos offense put up 8.

A talented Eagles offense put up 15 points an route to their Super Bowl win. At home.

A talented Patriots offense could only muster 3 points through almost three full quarters against a depleted defense with four rookies and a couple of second year players that got gassed.

DQ takes pride in shutting down high powered offenses, and I'd say he's pretty good at devising game plans to do just that.

1 hour ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

These threads always pop up after we flash just little bit. Then we’ll be back to fire Quinn and TD. Pump the brakes  #TAFT

I'm assuming our defense is going to be at least as good as it was in 2017 when they were healthy in which I was very impressed with the way they shut down the Rams and Eagles offense. Even in 2016 they shut down Aaron Rodgers. 

probably not for a couple of weeks, but if they continue to improve at the rate they did between games 1 and 2 it won't be long.

DQ completely shut down and all-time great Peyton Manning offense in the SB so if anyone can do it, it’s DQ. Remains to be seen if he has enough talent now as he did in SEA. We’re getting close. Not there yet 

Marco102 and Falcons Fan MVP like this

Every year some team(s) are declared unstoppable early in the season. Until someone stops them, that is. There's a reason teams don't go undefeated. The talent is just too close.

As for our prospects, it has less to do with the personnel and more to do with between the ears when it comes to beating that team up north. That's how it is for every team in the league. They are no more talented than any teams in the top half of the league. The problem is, everybody treats it like they're playing in the SB. It's gotten comical at this point. 

Kansas City has played the Jags (no QB) and the Raiders (perennial rebuilding mess). Let's slow the talk that they're unbeatable until they actually play somebody who is playoff ready at least. 

Do we have the ability? Sure. The only way we know for sure is to play them, though. That requires winning a few extra games come January. 

13 hours ago, No.11 said:

A talented Rams offense put up 16 points. At home.

A talented Broncos offense put up 8.

A talented Eagles offense put up 15 points an route to their Super Bowl win. At home.

A talented Patriots offense could only muster 3 points through almost three full quarters against a depleted defense with four rookies and a couple of second year players that got gassed.

DQ takes pride in shutting down high powered offenses, and I'd say he's pretty good at devising game plans to do just that.

The Patriots offensive style is tailor made to carve up Cover-3.  Their hybrid SP is kryptonite to Cover 3.  It’s why we dominated in Cover 1 in SB 51, yet we got castrated when fatigue set in and were forced into Cover 3

Marco102 and Falcons Fan MVP like this