dodge_birds_fan

Dirk Koetter playing chess

45 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

We still need more dump offs to RBs to slow down the blitz. Hate the guy but Sean Peyton abuses the blitz with RB dump offs 

Eagles are really good at covering those looks. They are a well coached defense. 

9 hours ago, falcons007 said:

It took way too long for handling the blitz. Hopefully they have plays for next games.

Well the first drive that they started doing it a lot we drove down the field to the redzone, but then the interception happened.

The 2 or 3 drives after that we didn't counter it, but they were some sneaky ones that came right at the snap.

1 hour ago, droopy1592 said:

Eagles are really good at covering those looks. They are a well coached defense. 

I believe that but you at least gotta try a couple to keep them honest 

I think the screen pass to Julio Jones was well executed. This was Dirk Koetter's emphasis through the week that the offense needs to execute better. But being said that, Matt and Dirk Koetter abandoned the running game especially after Ito got them to the eleven yard line. With first and goal. 43 passes 17 runs is not the balance that Dan Quinn talked about at the inception of the season.

Red&Black likes this

Koetter is the right OC for the Falcons RECEIVERS to shine

But Koetter just doesn’t have the OL here to FULLY run his offense.

(No disrespect to our OL. I know they stepped up in the last seconds of the game, especially Matthews, but let’s not forget that OL, including Jake, had a bad 3 quarters where the run game was completely stuffed!!!)

Koetter’s offense is based off the play action. His route combos are deadly and we have the receivers for it!

But the play action is always based on establishing the run FIRST and we don’t have the OL for it.

Even though, they stepped up last min (full credit given), we were getting manhandled in the trenches before that (facts).

4 hours ago, samuel said:

I think the screen pass to Julio Jones was well executed. This was Dirk Koetter's emphasis through the week that the offense needs to execute better. But being said that, Matt and Dirk Koetter abandoned the running game especially after Ito got them to the eleven yard line. With first and goal. 43 passes 17 runs is not the balance that Dan Quinn talked about at the inception of the season.

That's the balance you have to have vs the Eagles tho. It doesn't always have to be a 60:40 split. Don't run into a brick wall if you can just jump over it.

Edited by FalconsFanSince194eva

4 hours ago, samuel said:

Outside of Ito's one run against what looked like a 5 or 6 man front, he averaged 1.3 ypc. Freeman didn't have much more room in any of his runs either. Eagles were sending everyone more often than not the second half and running straight into that would have been stupid. 

NeonDeion likes this

15 hours ago, Jesus said:

I dunno probably. Back before Madden became like real football. With John coming on between plays to make fun of your playcalls.

"I don't know if I agree with that playcall."... man, those days were golden

dodge_birds_fan likes this

18 hours ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

I thought this was good insight

Screenshot_20190916-195606.png

Awesome. They ran it far too often. You zero blitz MAYBE once a game and completely shock the other team due to how risky it is. They got the INT and points off of it. Well played. 

They then had the balls to run it again in the 2nd half and got a sack out of it on 3rd down I believe. Bravo.

You think you're gonna do it a 3rd time? Dirk and Ryan were looking like...

Image result for smirking gif

I bet when Ryan was full sprinting down the sidelines screaming at the Eagles bench it was in relation to this. We were praying they ran it a 3rd time.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
JDaveG likes this

17 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

I believe that but you at least gotta try a couple to keep them honest 

A dumpoff to give Ito a 1 on 1 matchup during a blitz is asking for trouble. The Saints and Patriots make short throws to the Rb look so easy you'd think its so simple to incorporate into an offense.

Edited by Jerz #Quinning
NeonDeion likes this

On 9/16/2019 at 8:56 PM, ChickenBiscuit said:

They blitzed on pretty much every down. Jim Schwartz' defensive strategy was basically the same as 13 year old me playing Madden 04. it's kind of shocking how much it worked, honestly.

Intimidation. Talent needed at CB though...

Falcons DK's WR screen never generated love ng TDs here before (maybe in Tampa).

That last one was quickly as possible executed. 

That changed some coverages now.

19 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Awesome. They ran it far too often. You zero blitz MAYBE once a game and completely shock the other team due to how risky it is. They got the INT and points off of it. Well played. 

They then had the balls to run it again in the 2nd half and got a sack out of it on 3rd down I believe. Bravo.

You think you're gonna do it a 3rd time? Dirk and Ryan were looking like...

Image result for smirking gif

I bet when Ryan was full sprinting down the sidelines screaming at the Eagles bench it was in relation to this. We were praying they ran it a 3rd time.

Ran it 8 times. Absolute insanity. Glad it worked out for us.

On 9/16/2019 at 8:56 PM, ChickenBiscuit said:

They blitzed on pretty much every down. Jim Schwartz' defensive strategy was basically the same as 13 year old me playing Madden 04. it's kind of shocking how much it worked, honestly.

This fees too real.  Bonzai Blitz every play!