dodge_birds_fan

Dirk Koetter playing chess

45 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

They blitzed on pretty much every down. Jim Schwartz' defensive strategy was basically the same as 13 year old me playing Madden 04. it's kind of shocking how much it worked, honestly.

Shoot I still do it. It's a legit strategy if you have the personnel and know when to pull it lol

NashvilleFalcon01 and Emmitt like this

9 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

They blitzed on pretty much every down. Jim Schwartz' defensive strategy was basically the same as 13 year old me playing Madden 04. it's kind of shocking how much it worked, honestly.

I always liked that nickel blitz where you send the LBs right through the A gaps. I forget what it's called but I got my share of sacks and gave up lots of plays 

Jerz #Quinning likes this

5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I always liked that nickel blitz where you send the LBs right through the A gaps. I forget what it's called but I got my share of sacks and gave up lots of plays 

Nickel double a gap blitz lol

sandtrap and Jesus like this

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

It took way too long for handling the blitz. Hopefully they have plays for next games.

It apparently didn't take way too long

Tim Mazetti likes this

Just now, LouDog said:

It apparently didn't take way too long

We have seen this from jets preseason game, last game and most of eagles game. Now the Falcons better have it ready coz NFL DC are gonna go after Ryan coz they can’t stop weapons:

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Agree... and while I credit DK for having that check in (and Matt picking it up), it sure did take a long time to get a play in to beat it. 

NeonDeion likes this

9 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Over Storm Brave  ???

I dunno probably. Back before Madden became like real football. With John coming on between plays to make fun of your playcalls.

2 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

Teams definitely smell blood when it comes to dialing up pressure against us. Until we repeatedly burn them we will keep seeing it

we had some other plays we didn't quite hit on though. Once the timing gets worked out a little better, they'll hit em. Give the DB credit for doing his job too on the one Ridley almost had

5 hours ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

I thought this was good insight

Screenshot_20190916-195606.png

This is exactly what I told @fuego last night. I figured DK had that check with every play they called and when they got the look Matt audibled to it and Julio was off to the races. 

fuego likes this

3 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Agree... and while I credit DK for having that check in (and Matt picking it up), it sure did take a long time to get a play in to beat it. 

Well, not really.  We had 3 drops in the end zone...We beat that blitz most of the time, just didn't quite hit the execution...