Nino11

Jalen Ramsey requests trade.....TD.....You know what to do.....

211 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Bro, these folks believe everything the media says about players.

It’s crazy how a narrative can get solidified just because a broadcaster said so

Faithful Falcon likes this

3 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

Yeah Jalen is gonna cost a haul lol. Ah well one could only dream

tried to tell ya it wouldn't be a cheap move

13 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

He hasn’t played like a top CB since 2017. Dude is overrated right now, which is ironic cuz that’s what he called Matt Ryan. Also wants BIG money, and we ain’t shelling that out right now. 

Even in 2017, he wasn’t the top CB on his team. Jaguars had crazy defensive backfield in 2017.

ya_boi_j likes this

5 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Even in 2016, he wasn’t the top CB on his team. Jaguars had crazy defensive backfield in 2017.

I really wanna know what defines someone as a shut down. Making the pro bowl means nothing at all. He did absolutely nothing but get torched by those same QB's he called out last year but of course I forget here on this board we focus mostly on things that happened years ago and not in the present

falcons007 likes this

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I really wanna know what defines someone as a shut down. Making the pro bowl means nothing at all. He did absolutely nothing but get torched by those same QB's he called out last year but of course I forget here on this board we focus mostly on things that happened years ago and not in the present

Lot of it is perception and attention. If you look at over all stats, AJ Bouye was better in 2017  over Ramsey too. Media loves Ramsey for the sound bites he gives them. If he played for Pass happy NFC conference, he will be tested.

ya_boi_j likes this

9 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Lot of it is perception and attention. If you look at over all stats, AJ Bouye was better in 2017  over Ramsey too. Media loves Ramsey for the sound bites he gives them. If he played for Pass happy NFC conference, he will be tested.

Exactly. I just don't understand sometimes. Man doesn't show up against top receivers. He gets away with more no calls and bad throws than anything. Just a few examples

Why should the falcons stain their lombardi trophy legacy with Jalen while he can instead go to the Patriots and help them win another one?  If Oliver was the Patriots starting corner and Jalen said he wanted to be traded, the deal would have been done within the hour...:lol:

15 hours ago, LouDog said:

His personality is a moral killer. We have a good team vibe going. A guy like Ramsey could kill that

Good team vibe going? They got smoked by a Vikings team and didn't seem to have a problem with it. 

And they were lucky to escape Sunday nite from an injury riddled Eagles team. 

Talent wins games. If you don't think so, just look at the Patriots... 

52 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Exactly. I just don't understand sometimes. Man doesn't show up against top receivers. He gets away with more no calls and bad throws than anything. Just a few examples

Idk these show otherwise.

MD-FalconFan13 likes this

15 hours ago, LouDog said:

His personality is a moral killer. We have a good team vibe going. A guy like Ramsey could kill that

This is my issue also...

5 minutes ago, Sterling said:

If you're not a top WR, you're not gonna do well against Jalen. I think sometimes people see "Lockdown" and think he's supposed to not allow any catches to anyone ever. 

In today's league, it's very difficult to be a lockdown CB. To me the test of how great a CB you are is do you limit a high percentage of WRs to less than they normally get. And for Jalen the answer is absolutely yes. 

Sometimes the top WRs do have good games against him, but that can be said about anyone. What middling WR puts up numbers on him? Because I've seen some very average guys have career days on our CBs

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

4 minutes ago, Sterling said:

The only one that played for me was the one against Hopkins. It showed exactly what I said, most times he's bailed out by no calls and bad throws. you see it for yourself. The best trait he has is that he's physical

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The Patriots would do this...just sayin'

That was my first thought.  He will probably become a Patriot. Brady would agree to less money to make it happen.  

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/jalen-ramsey-shadow-cornerbacks-fantasy-football-2019

https://blackandteal.com/2019/06/09/jaguars-cb-jalen-ramsey-ranked-amongst-nfls-best/

He's 24 and has been ranked in at least the top 10 CBs every year since he's been in the league. You can question his character (which even that seems like it's more of people disliking his brashness than him actually hurting the team) but not his production. He's a physical CB that doesn't lose many match-ups despite following top CBs often. In a division with big, physical WRs like Michael Thomas and Mike Evans he'd be a great asset

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

15 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

The only one that played for me was the one against Hopkins. It showed exactly what I said, most times he's bailed out by no calls and bad throws. you see it for yourself. The best trait he has is that he's physical

I don't know how one physical play shows that he's bailed out most times, when he held Hop to 40 yards. Also I would say his best trait is his ability to catch the ball, something else everyone holds against Trufant.

Edited by Sterling
Clarification

Im down, but three things bother me;

1) Yes, hes a loud mouth...not the worst thing in the world

2) He will cost a boatload of money....which we dont really have....there are ways around that though

3) He quit on his team....that is a poor character trait that doesnt bode well

14 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

Trufant and Freeman for Jalen - problem solved.

14 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

I don't think anybody is just talking about this season.  Jalen and Trufant are on two completely different levels, which is why I propose throwing Freeman in on the deal!

We wouldn't be able to give Freeman away at his contract, so your proposal would mean that you think Trufant is the better player! :D

Just now, Sterling said:

I don't know how one physical play shows that he's bailed out most times, when he held Hop to 40 yards. Also I would say his best trait is his ability to catch the ball, something everyone holds against Trufant.

one physical play in what you posted compared to his entire career. there are several in the videos I even posted showing how he gets bailed out. you can go watch every single game of his and you'll see im not lying. it's the same with Sherman.

13 hours ago, Nino11 said:

I think salary is the only drawback from making the move. I think some tough cuts are coming down the road though like Sanu and Freeman. Mack is probably off the books soon due to retirement. 

Agreed. I think all 3 of the guys you mention will be gone next year. 

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Bouye is a great player but the facts are he always is on the team's #2 receiver.  It's a big difference.