Nino11

Jalen Ramsey requests trade.....TD.....You know what to do.....

211 posts in this topic

Just now, LouDog said:

They were using him out of position. Dude is a beast

All season is a stretch with two games played but man idk about him. I’d rather stick with Oliver then trade for him. Jalen has All Pro talent. You take some risk for that 

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

There is absolutely no way we are in a position to give up a very cheap first rounder contract for another 20 mil a year player. 

Yeah if we keep everybody we currently have on the roster. You think that’s gonna happen?

Jerz #Quinning likes this

1 minute ago, Nino11 said:

All season is a stretch with two games played but man idk about him. I’d rather stick with Oliver then trade for him. Jalen has All Pro talent. You take some risk for that 

I don't wanna have him take Oliver's spot. Put him in the Slot and use Kazee as a 3rd safety and back-up

Just now, LouDog said:

I don't wanna have him take Oliver's spot. Put him in the Slot and use Kazee as a 3rd safety and back-up

Kazee is too good for that role man. If he could be had for cheap you could do a lot worst for depth but I for sure like Kazee more then him. I actually feel like Kazee needs to be a key piece moving forward. He’s a baller

ChickenBiscuit and Lowndesfalc like this

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Falcons simply cannot take on another player with a $20mm/yr contract -- and that could very well be the rare air from which Ramsey wants to get paid.    You could make credible argument that he is the best cornerback in the game.

Adding stars to the Falcons roster for the next few years will only come through the draft.

To add Jalen Ramsey - you would have to lop off 4-5 mid-range starters - AND - give up at least one 1st round draft pick and probably another very high pick.

It's not just the draft compensation.

Falcons cannot take on another super high contract.   They just cannot.

The NFL needs a luxury tax like the NBA. You can resign the player and go over cap but you have to pay severely for it. It’d make the leagues more exciting.

7 minutes ago, CEO_PARLAY said:

The NFL needs a luxury tax like the NBA. You can resign the player and go over cap but you have to pay severely for it. It’d make the leagues more exciting.

NBA has guaranteed contracts. That's why they have the luxury tax. 

CEO_PARLAY, Nino11 and falconsd56 like this

3 hours ago, Nino11 said:

He goes at opponents, not team mates. Never seen a teammate complain about him

Didn't he just get into with his coach yesterday?  

3 hours ago, Nino11 said:

They won’t get a 1st plus more and have to sign him to a big contract. Teams leverage gets tilted once the demand goes public 

If Miami got a first, Jax is getting more than a first.

15 minutes ago, hjerry said:

As Jimmie Johnson said, having picks is meaningless if you don't pick the right players with the picks

No one picks 100%, best strategy is to load up on more picks to get at bats.  They are doing a good job so far of that.

NeonDeion and Schwarzwald like this

2 hours ago, Nino11 said:

Your probably right. Corner is a premium position and he is a premium player but he comes with perceived baggage. I think we are in a position to spare a first for a talent like Jalen though. Did we give up our first in 2020 trading up for McGary? If not I think a more then likely back in first rounder is worth it for the perfect scheme fit for Quinn’s defense 

No, all we did for McGary was we Swapped our 2nd rounder for Rams 1st rounder and gave our 3rd rounder for the privilege.

People love to overstate the cost of trades.

2 hours ago, Nino11 said:

If he attacked the coach, while he was sitting down and the coach was standing over him, why did the players jump up and grab the coach and push him away? 

I've edited this because the original tone was too hostile and dismissive. The short answer here is that if you watch the video someone else linked, you'll understand that it was only the second half of the exchange. To a larger point, why would anyone want to trade for a player whose own coach gets that angry with him during a game and who quits on an 0-2 team? Jalen Ramsey is just the worst.

5 hours ago, Nino11 said:

Quinn gets his Richard Sherman 2.0 . What’s the drawback? 

He’s a nightmare holdout demanding more money every year type player. Talent ain’t worth that 

4 hours ago, LouDog said:

He’d get abused as the slot. Quick smaller wr’s would get open for quick hitter plays. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

4 hours ago, CEO_PARLAY said:

This would be awful in my opinion.  There is a reason the NBA is so lopsided right now with super teams, and it’s because of their salary cap, or lack there of.  The cowboys would just sign everyone.

4 hours ago, Nino11 said:

I don’t get the narrative of him being a cancer. Any time a guy is vocal he gets labeled as a cancer. I distinctly remember him defending Bortles at a point of time but eventually you gotta call a spade a spade. Ramsey trashes opponents, not teammates

Why else would he be on the trading block then?  Jags aren’t in rebuilding mode like the Dolphins are.  They aren’t willing to pay him long term, and are willing to listen to trade talks.  If he is this all pro corner, there has to be a reason they are hesitating signing arguably the most important defensive position, being a lock down corner.  Red flags to me, I’d stay away.

6 hours ago, Nino11 said:

If he attacked the coach, while he was sitting down and the coach was standing over him, why did the players jump up and grab the coach and push him away? 

Bro, these folks believe everything the media says about players.

Nino11 likes this

5 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

I would have preferred Minkah since he can play anywhere. Neither Ramsey, Tru. or Oliver can play NB. 

Minkah can't play NB either. Not good any way

Falconsfan567 likes this

4 hours ago, rings639 said:

Why else would he be on the trading block then?  Jags aren’t in rebuilding mode like the Dolphins are.  They aren’t willing to pay him long term, and are willing to listen to trade talks.  If he is this all pro corner, there has to be a reason they are hesitating signing arguably the most important defensive position, being a lock down corner.  Red flags to me, I’d stay away.

He’s not “on the trading block” because the team wants to get rid of him. He demanded a trade because he doesnt want to play for the organization anymore. You do know players have a choice the same as teams. Nobody bats an eye when teams don’t “honor” contracts and trades a player away. It goes both ways 

Jerz #Quinning likes this

8 hours ago, rings639 said:

If Miami got a first, Jax is getting more than a first.

Yeah Jalen is gonna cost a haul lol. Ah well one could only dream