Nino11

Jalen Ramsey requests trade.....TD.....You know what to do.....

211 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

He’s not any better than Trufant if were being honest. He just talks more and has better hands. 

Jalen would love our locker room. He'd bring some real swagger to the defense. If he elevates his game because of new scenery and Trufant sustains his solid play we'd have a really imposing identity. It'd be fun to watch.

1 minute ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Jalen would love our locker room. He'd bring some real swagger to the defense. If he elevates his game because of new scenery and Trufant sustains his solid play we'd have a really imposing identity. It'd be fun to watch.

Right up until poor little Jalen didn't get his way on something and was requesting a trade again. 

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Right up until poor little Jalen didn't get his way on something and was requesting a trade again. 

Our coaches are a lot more level headed and we have a locker room culture that he alone can't sever. I doubt he'd have any problems other than talking too much. Dan Quinn would love Jalen in his defense.

8 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

And it still wouldn’t take away from him being overrated. If he wasn’t a big name this wouldn’t even be a thread. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

And it still wouldn’t take away from him being overrated. If he wasn’t a big name this wouldn’t even be a thread. 

Dude is only 24 and has already been a well deserved all-pro corner. 

2 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Dude is only 24 and has already been a well deserved all-pro corner. 

And yet he’s still Ove .........nevermind. I’m bout to curl. Can’t keep doing this tonight

19 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

What happens the first time dq makes a decision that he doesn't agree with? It wasn't his decision to make even if he was right. 

I hope he would let him know, like someone else should. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

And yet he’s still Ove .........nevermind. I’m bout to curl. Can’t keep doing this tonight

Just because you say he's overrated means literally nothing. He's a good corner with potential to be great and if you can't see that then you was never a fan. He can hang with receivers like AB, he'd really be the best corner on this team if we're keeping it a buck.

We don't need a problem child.  We got a team that seems to get along well.  Save the money in case we have a catastrophic injury we have to fix.

2 hours ago, Nino11 said:

I hear ya on the big contract not fitting with Neal and Hooper coming up soon, also possibly Campbell. But I doubt it would take a first rounder. 

Why?

Cowboys gave up 1st rounder for Amari Cooper.  

Browns gave up 1st rounder plus for OBJ.

Kahlil Mack went for two 1st rounders (and was worth it!)

Ramsey is younger and plays a harder position.  He is the prototype as well - size and speed.  Jalen Ramsey is a unicorn.

Why on earth would you believe Jags would sell him for less than 1st round pick?

Most of our core is locked up. Neal and Hooper are the only ones coming up. Devondre maybe. Tru probably has about 3 more seasons here at max. Who would we be losing exactly?

The rest of the roster, that’s what Jalen would cost.  

In 2020 our top 23 contracts account for 197 million of our projected 200 million CAP.  That leaves 3 million for players 24-53 on our 53 man roster.  How can we add another 20 million APY contract?

They won’t get a 1st plus more and have to sign him to a big contract. Teams leverage gets tilted once the demand goes public 

No it doesn’t.  This isn’t an Antonio Brown situation.  Now, if he fist fights his GM, refuses to wear his helmet, rapes his trainer and 4-5 other things then maybe he gets traded for a 3rd and a 5th.  We ain’t there yet.

Ramsey is also like 25yrs old and has 5-6yrs of his prime left.   AB is at the tail end of his dominance.

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

The rest of the roster, that’s what Jalen would cost.  

In 2020 our top 23 contracts account for 197 million of our projected 200 million CAP.  That leaves 3 million for players 24-53 on our 53 man roster.  How can we add another 20 million APY contract?

That’s with all are player currently on the team coming back. I doubt there won’t be any cuts next off season l. They always remedy the cap space every year

I seen his coach approach him and he responded. Then the players restrained the coach. He looked like the aggressor  to me 

Didn’t Ramsey call his QB trash last season?

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

No it doesn’t.  This isn’t an Antonio Brown situation.  Now, if he fist fights his GM, refuses to wear his helmet, rapes his trainer and 4-5 other things then maybe he gets traded for a 3rd and a 5th.  We ain’t there yet.

Ramsey is also like 25yrs old and has 5-6yrs of his prime left.   AB is at the tail end of his dominance.

Your probably right. Corner is a premium position and he is a premium player but he comes with perceived baggage. I think we are in a position to spare a first for a talent like Jalen though. Did we give up our first in 2020 trading up for McGary? If not I think a more then likely back in first rounder is worth it for the perfect scheme fit for Quinn’s defense 

1 minute ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Didn’t Ramsey call his QB trash last season?

I wouldn’t blame him the way Bortles played. He didn’t tell a lie if he did lol

1 minute ago, Nino11 said:

Your probably right. Corner is a premium position and he is a premium player but he comes with perceived baggage. I think we are in a position to spare a first for a talent like Jalen though. Did we give up our first in 2020 trading up for McGary? If not I think a more then likely back in first rounder is worth it for the perfect scheme fit for Quinn’s defense 

There is absolutely no way we are in a position to give up a very cheap first rounder contract for another 20 mil a year player. 

Just now, LouDog said:

Id take Minkah instead

Minkah has been hibachi all season. Those Bama DBs have been sketchy in recents years 

55 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

He got into it with his coach when he asked the coach to challenge a play that would have benefited them. Then the coach made a dumb decision at the end of the game. Quit expecting these players to be GN.

Sure, let's let the players tell the coaches what to do. That'll end well.

More than anything, I'm amused by how many apologists there are when jerks act like jerks. Enabling is how we get Antonio Brown. 

HASHBROWN3 likes this

Just now, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Truth or not. That right there is locker room cancer.

I don’t get the narrative of him being a cancer. Any time a guy is vocal he gets labeled as a cancer. I distinctly remember him defending Bortles at a point of time but eventually you gotta call a spade a spade. Ramsey trashes opponents, not teammates

2 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

Minkah has been hibachi all season. Those Bama DBs have been sketchy in recents years 

They were using him out of position. Dude is a beast

1 minute ago, jidady said:

Sure, let's let the players tell the coaches what to do. That'll end well.

More than anything, I'm amused by how many apologists there are when jerks act like jerks. Enabling is how we get Antonio Brown. 

If he attacked the coach, while he was sitting down and the coach was standing over him, why did the players jump up and grab the coach and push him away? 

Faithful Falcon likes this