Nino11

Jalen Ramsey requests trade.....TD.....You know what to do.....

211 posts in this topic

Falcons simply cannot take on another player with a $20mm/yr contract -- and that could very well be the rare air from which Ramsey wants to get paid.    You could make credible argument that he is the best cornerback in the game.

Adding stars to the Falcons roster for the next few years will only come through the draft.

To add Jalen Ramsey - you would have to lop off 4-5 mid-range starters - AND - give up at least one 1st round draft pick and probably another very high pick.

It's not just the draft compensation.

Falcons cannot take on another super high contract.   They just cannot.

Jen, Cheap Talk, rings639 and 15 others like this

3 minutes ago, LouDog said:

His personality is a moral killer. We have a good team vibe going. A guy like Ramsey could kill that

He goes at opponents, not team mates. Never seen a teammate complain about him

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Falcons simply cannot take on another player with a $20mm/yr contract -- and that could very well be the rare air from which Ramsey wants to get paid.    You could make credible argument that he is the best cornerback in the game.

Adding stars to the Falcons roster for the next few years will only come through the draft.

To add Jalen Ramsey - you would have to lop off 4-5 mid-range starters - AND - give up at least one 1st round draft pick and probably another very high pick.

I hear ya on the big contract not fitting with Neal and Hooper coming up soon, also possibly Campbell. But I doubt it would take a first rounder. 

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

This exactly.  In order to maintain our success with all the highly paid players on our team we need to keep restocking with cheap rookie contracts.  We can't afford to give up picks for MORE players who are going to need huge contracts.   Throw in the fact that his personality might not actually fit with the team and it just isn't worth it.

g-dawg, VTCrunkler and Nino11 like this

Just now, Nino11 said:

I seen his coach approach him and he responded. Then the players restrained the coach. He looked like the aggressor  to me 

But if it’s a player like oh let’s say Percy Harvin who slung a weight at someone then the story would be he’s a headcase. But with it being Jalen Ramsey it’s perfectly fine, I’m assuming because of his status in the league. He’s brought nothing but negative attention to himself starting last season. Plus he’s going to want to be paid much more than Trufant ever got. Why go down that road when you’re going to have to lose current contributors just to keep him. It’s not worth it

Nino11, papachaz, LouDog and 2 others like this

He hasn’t played like a top CB since 2017. Dude is overrated right now, which is ironic cuz that’s what he called Matt Ryan. Also wants BIG money, and we ain’t shelling that out right now. 

Grim Shady and Nino11 like this

13 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

I hear ya on the big contract not fitting with Neal and Hooper coming up soon, also possibly Campbell. But I doubt it would take a first rounder. 

duckhoa, g-dawg and Nino11 like this

9 minutes ago, rings639 said:

They won’t get a 1st plus more and have to sign him to a big contract. Teams leverage gets tilted once the demand goes public 

vitaman likes this

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Dude loses 2 games and then wants out?

Werent the Jags supposed to be good for 5 minutes?

What happened?

The answer to how they got good in the first place is answered in Season 3 of NBC's "The Good Place"....

jidady and Sun Tzu 7 like this