falcons007

McGary’s tests came out clean.

40 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, CTann said:

I was at the game and saw McGary standing on his own just fine on the sidelines later on. Correct me if I’m wrong, but did he come back into the game on the final drive or was that still Sambrailo? 

He was back in during the 4th Q. I don't know if they rotated any further once he came back at all?....but he was in on the game winning TD pass to Julio. Was running midfield as Julio broke clean behind their DBs.

CTann and MoFalconsFan56 like this

3 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Not sold on the saints D this year tbh. I could be wrong but I’m not sold just yet

Let's just say it's A LOT easier to be an aggressive D when you have a qb who can get you out of a jam if that aggressiveness backfires...hand in hand.  Saints without Brees are going to be a run of the mill mediocre team...win some, lose many...

11 hours ago, CTann said:

I was at the game and saw McGary standing on his own just fine on the sidelines later on. Correct me if I’m wrong, but did he come back into the game on the final drive or was that still Sambrailo? 

came back in at the beginning of the 4th quarter

CTann likes this

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

As McGary’s legend grows, D-Ledbetter quickly melts away.

Homer Simpson GIF I don’t know how to post 

10 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

He was back in during the 4th Q. I don't know if they rotated any further once he came back at all?....but he was in on the game winning TD pass to Julio. Was running midfield as Julio broke clean behind their DBs.

17 minutes ago, papachaz said:

came back in at the beginning of the 4th quarter

Good stuff. I thought that was him from section 334 Row 11, but second guessed myself afterwards. 

papachaz and Ergo Proxy like this

12 hours ago, falcons007 said:

If it’s lingering issue for more than 3 weeks.

Agreed. It looks like he is hurt bad, and those things take awhile to heal.

8 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

Let's just say it's A LOT easier to be an aggressive D when you have a qb who can get you out of a jam if that aggressiveness backfires...hand in hand.  Saints without Brees are going to be a run of the mill mediocre team...win some, lose many...

Yep brees is heart and soul of the team. Kinda like when you’re Ace is on the mound you feel like everything is gonna be ok because HE’S on the mound tonight. If he misses 6 weeks I think they go 2 and 4 

9 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

This is exactly what I've been saying. Their defense was so aggressive and go full guns blazing after the quarterback because they knew that Brees was their ace in the hole to bail them out no matter how many times they got burned doing so.

The Texans' game is a classic case; in two plays, the Texans quickly got downfield and scored a TD late to take the lead. But everyone forgets about all of that because within a whisper of time, Brees had the Saints in field goal range to win. For roughly 27 out of 32 teams, that's a backbreaking loss at home. But the Saints and their home crowd barely had to break a sweat because they knew that Brees would once again come through.

That dynamic, which everyone in the football world knows about, is what made them such a dangerous foe since he arrived in Nola. IMHO, this is what makes him the greatest adversary our franchise has ever faced; as much as Brady, Montana, Steve Young, or Russell Wilson and moreso than Rodgers, Elway, Cunnningham, or Cam Newton. And now, that element is gone; at least for a bit. It is imperative that the Falcons (as well as the Saints' upcoming opponents) take full advantage of that...

Edited by ratesforless