PeytonMannings Forehead

xs and os
Let's Talk About: The Importance Of An Eraser (RICO!!!)

54 posts in this topic

@Goober Pyle love it! 

I just love it.

Thats what Quinn is talking about when he says “players not plays.”

When you keep the structure simple and everyone gets to the point where they master their individual roles, then you can start going beyond the design of the play. Then you can be a football player and play loose. 

Great find. That play ain’t something you can draw up. You can only do something like that when you have complete command of your craft.

37 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

@Goober Pyle love it! 

I just love it.

Thats what Quinn is talking about when he says “players not plays.”

When you keep the structure simple and everyone gets to the point where they master their individual roles, then you can start going beyond the design of the play. Then you can be a football player and play loose. 

Great find. That play ain’t something you can draw up. You can only do something like that when you have complete command of your craft.

Thanks for the thread and the breakdown. Rico is one of my favorite players and has been since Hard Knocks. Hard not to pull for a player who gets the absolute most out of his abilities and is as smart as he is. 

23 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Rico is without question the best value contract (not counting rookie contracts) on the team.  Amongst the best in NFL.

Davison also has claim to that title.  $795,000 is borderline inappropriate 

You may be right in that regard.

I'm curious on Foreheads opinion on Campbell  pass coverage/ run gaps Sunday? I saw lights out coverage chops. He almost drove Sproles thru the ground last possession and saw shutdown in flats from him.

JDaveG likes this

55 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

You may be right in that regard.

I'm curious on Foreheads opinion on Campbell  pass coverage/ run gaps Sunday? I saw lights out coverage chops. He almost drove Sproles thru the ground last possession and saw shutdown in flats from him.

I don't know what he graded out at, but I thought he was on it.  He was very active up front in the run game, and like you pointed out, he was flying to the flats.  We didn't give up a lot of RAC.  That's what I like to see.

There was one play I was gonna break down where he stemmed the defensive line right before the snap.  Tapped the tackle on the hip and we shifted from an Under to an Over front and stuff the run.