PeytonMannings Forehead

xs and os
Let's Talk About: The Importance Of An Eraser (RICO!!!)

54 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, falconidae said:

Falcons got a legit coverage sack yesterday. Most of the so called coverage sacks they've gotten past few years were simply the QB being indecisive and holding the ball or the QB trying for the big play.

Vic's sack was a coverage sack because Wennz didn't have anyone to throw to. I'm assuming that's in large part to Rico lining everybody up.

^This.

Even Grady's sack was a coverage sack. Anytime QB is holding the ball 3+ seconds coverage has to be decent or the QB just indecisive. Usually a bit of both because of good coverage or confusing looks post-snap.

Also, @PeytonMannings Forehead could it be Debo wasn't getting deeper because of spying Wentz on a possible scramble option if he doesn't get rid of it? Just a thought.

EDIT: @Mid-Nite-Toker brought up Grady 1st :tiphat:

falconidae likes this

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Also, @PeytonMannings Forehead could it be Debo wasn't getting deeper because of spying Wentz on a possible scramble option if he doesn't get rid of it? Just a thought.

I’m sure he had it on his mind but nah, that wasn’t his assignment. You don’t spy from that far back. If he was the spy, he’d be tucked in a lot closer to the LOS, almost in a lurk position.

5 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Rico showed up in playoffs in 2016 and 2017. One of the important pieces of D.

Believe he has the most turnovers in the post season also. If not tied for most with Debo 

Here to remind everyone of something Rico said during a preseason sideline interview...how he goes and sits in on OFFENSIVE meetings in order to get a better sense of how offenses operate and think, so that he might be able to diagnose plays not merely from the defensive side, but also by what the offense might be trying to do within that play.

Rico is a stud on the field, but he may be even studlier between the ears...

@PeytonMannings Forehead

“Allen has put together two consecutive seasons of strong play in 2016 and 2017 after joining the Falcons as a fifth-rounder out of Purdue in 2014. Playing over 2,400 defensive snaps in the two-year span, Allen earned 81.7 and 81.4 overall grades, respectively, as the Falcons’ primary free safety alongside Keanu Neal. While small in stature (5-foot-9, 185 pounds), Allen excelled in coverage, leading all qualifying NFL safeties in coverage snaps played per reception allowed (71.0), yards allowed per coverage snap (0.18) and coverage snaps played per target (39.4).”

Since Week 1 of 2016:

6l6t4y6.jpg

12 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

watch how he communicates in the SB.  Don’t know what “Alert The Rocket” means, but I’m sure it was important...lol 

I thank you for contributing to the thread and, as a huge Rico fan, I would love to watch video of him mic’ed up.  That being said, this video....no.  I just can’t do it.

Falcons In 2012 likes this

48 minutes ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

I thank you for contributing to the thread and, as a huge Rico fan, I would love to watch video of him mic’ed up.  That being said, this video....no.  I just can’t do it.

LOL...just watch the first 2 min

20 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Rico knows every player responsibilities in that defense. He can get all of them lined up correctly. 

Remember that play where he moved the defensive line? I was like 'wow.

youngbloodz likes this

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

@PeytonMannings Forehead

“Allen has put together two consecutive seasons of strong play in 2016 and 2017 after joining the Falcons as a fifth-rounder out of Purdue in 2014. Playing over 2,400 defensive snaps in the two-year span, Allen earned 81.7 and 81.4 overall grades, respectively, as the Falcons’ primary free safety alongside Keanu Neal. While small in stature (5-foot-9, 185 pounds), Allen excelled in coverage, leading all qualifying NFL safeties in coverage snaps played per reception allowed (71.0), yards allowed per coverage snap (0.18) and coverage snaps played per target (39.4).”

Since Week 1 of 2016:

But clearly he is far too small for the league, right?!

6 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Yep losing him hurt a lot just because if his football IQ 

If it was ever in doubt...go back and watch the Saints game last year after he went down.  Our guys couldn't even line up without mass confusion.  Rico is the director of the defense.  He is the Alex Mack of the secondary and more.  Hugely important.

5 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

watch how he communicates in the SB.  Don’t know what “Alert The Rocket” means, but I’m sure it was important...lol 

Man, he looks small out there next to other NFL bodies.  That shot of him framed against Solder :o

7 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Man, he looks small out there next to other NFL bodies.  That shot of him framed against Solder :o

This is small...

0f7fytl5are21.jpg

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

This is small...

0f7fytl5are21.jpg

Jesus, NE got some big boys.  I knew Bill liked big players, but my goodness.

And what lab was Aaron Donald put together in?  6'1", 284 and can play every position on the defensive line.

57 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Jesus, NE got some big boys.  I knew Bill liked big players, but my goodness.

And what lab was Aaron Donald put together in?  6'1", 284 and can play every position on the defensive line.

I mean, Jared Mayo isn’t small at 260 pounds.  But I suspect Trent could fold him up, dip him in some BBQ sauce & swallow him whole

t338ga4eawi11.jpg