ya_boi_j

Hageman officially no longer a Falcon

47 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

You're missing my point. Hageman had a two game suspension. He just served that suspension with the falcons, now other teams don't have to worry about that. 

It's not about the suspension. He was waived, not released. He has to clear waivers to sign with just anyone. Right now, he could end up somewhere like Carolina.

I don't see this as a permanent good bye. If we're experiencing injuries weeks later, I'm pretty sure the team has him on speed dial. Heck no one expected him to ever make it inside the falcon facility after getting released few years ago.  Injuries happen.

I wanted to see how his play would have elevated with Quinn finally putting his prints on the defensive linemen. Beasley and takk look much improved after an offseason with Quinn. 

7 minutes ago, falconidae said:

You're missing my point. Hageman had a two game suspension. He just served that suspension with the falcons, now other teams don't have to worry about that. 

Just wondering. Do suspensions count when a player is on the injured list?

4 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

It's not about the suspension. He was waived, not released. He has to clear waivers to sign with just anyone. Right now, he could end up somewhere like Carolina.

I was referring to the suspension in my post, so , yeah, it is about the suspension.

Just now, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Just wondering. Do suspensions count when a player is on the injured list?

Pretty sure they do, wouldn't be any reason to keep him on the roster otherwise. You'd cut him earlier to give him his best chance to catch on somewhere else.

7 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Pretty sure they do, wouldn't be any reason to keep him on the roster otherwise. You'd cut him earlier to give him his best chance to catch on somewhere else.

I was wondering in a scenario where a player is injured/out during off-season for 4 wks and does something to get a 2 game suspension. Is that player eligible to play after 4wks or 6wks?

Edited by Beast-N-Da-Sheetz

15 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

I was wondering in a scenario where a player is injured/out during off-season for 4 wks and does something to get a 2 game suspension. Is that player eligible to play after 4wks or 6wks?

As Mark Twain once said: " I was grateful to be able answer immediately. I don't know."

Beast-N-Da-Sheetz likes this

3 hours ago, athell said:

Yup.  Best of luck but there was no room here as others have mentioned and I'd rather give his spot to Senat.

But does Quinn want to give him a spot. :ninja:

athell likes this

Hopefully Hage can go on to have an awesome life on and off the field!  Never could really put it together for us but he did have his moments where he laid it out there on the field for us.  RESPECT

34 minutes ago, athell said:

Don't even get me started haha

Unrelated. In The mnf game I saw a browns tight end go up on the air to make a catch. The jets DB submarines his legs causing the TE to land on his neck. Disgusting. 

4 hours ago, falconidae said:

I meant that he has served his two game suspension, so that any team that signs him doesn't have to worry about that.

Falcons actually kind of helped him out in a way. 

3 hours ago, Geneaut said:

I hate it for him. We ended up with a really deep rotation on the DL and his injury situation during camp didn’t help his case. 

Hopefully his his name is back out in the business again and he’ll get some calls. 

He's a physical freak and a guy I was happy we drafted back then.

Hope he keeps his nose clean and makes the most of any opportunities going forward. Who knows, he could end up back in Atlanta if a situation arises.

Geneaut likes this

4 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I was pulling for him.  Sucks that he got injured.

But yeah, we're fine without him.

I always thought he was a long shot to get back in the league let alone make this roster. 

Was surprised he hung around as long, unless it was simply as a favor.

JDaveG likes this

4 hours ago, falconidae said:

They did him a favor. Now any team can sign him and have him available immediately.

21 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Falcons actually kind of helped him out in a way. 

Think you're right:D

Jerz #Quinning likes this

37 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Unrelated. In The mnf game I saw a browns tight end go up on the air to make a catch. The jets DB submarines his legs causing the TE to land on his neck. Disgusting. 

Njoku?  That crap drives me nuts man...Gregg effing Williams.

VTCrunkler likes this

1 minute ago, athell said:

Njoku?  That crap drives me nuts man...Gregg effing Williams.

Yes. It’s seen in how those dbs plays. Different than other teams. Designed to hurt. Obj is getting Extra shots. On the other hand Simian is getting straight throttled. 

athell likes this