athell

Colts News Today

65 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, rbad8717 said:

This game in my opinion is the barometer. Coming off a huge win at home, can we beat the teams we should beat soundly? Will we be able to impose our will?

If the players are coached up as last night, yes.

55 minutes ago, rbad8717 said:

This game in my opinion is the barometer. Coming off a huge win at home, can we beat the teams we should beat soundly? Will we be able to impose our will?

As long as we have 1 more point at the end....that is all that I care about.

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I’m not even trippin. We endured it last year. Time for another team to deal with it. It was Philly in reverse for them last night. They lost more players than we did last year against them. I have no sympathy for teams losing their key guys this year lol. 

:golfclap::tiphat:

Tim Mazetti and Ergo Proxy like this

You know that’s a fair point to all the eagles fans screaming injury:  Rewatch last years matchup. That said I would rather face teams at full strength do we are more prepared for the better teams in the playoffs. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I’m not even trippin. We endured it last year. Time for another team to deal with it. It was t rough? in reverse for them last night. They lost more players than we did last year against them. I have no sympathy for teams losing their key guys this year lol. 

I had a bet on the outcome with a Philly Buddy.

When I came to collect it was all about injuries. I said I know, I know...ain't it rough?

2 hours ago, duckhoa said:

I have not been this confident in a win for the Falcons since going into the game against the Browns last year.

Really don't get people thinking the Colts are gonna be a cakewalk. This team is physical af. Can we beat them? Sure. Will it be easy, especially on the road? **** no. I expected us to be 2-3 or 3-2 in the first 5 games of the season with losses to the Vikes, then the Colts and/or Texans. Luck being out helps, but it's still an insane early grind ahead of us.

59 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Really don't get people thinking the Colts are gonna be a cakewalk. This team is physical af. Can we beat them? Sure. Will it be easy, especially on the road? **** no. I expected us to be 2-3 or 3-2 in the first 5 games of the season with losses to the Vikes, then the Colts and/or Texans. Luck being out helps, but it's still an insane early grind ahead of us.

I hear you.

Having watched the Falcons since I was 9 (1973) and having season tickets for more than 20 years, I can say without flinching that THIS is the type of game the Falcons specialize in blowing.   

falconsrus likes this

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Gonna find out if we learned anything from week 1 environment in MIN. Time to go to work and do your job!

6 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

their OL is terrific, especially with the run.

Eagles have a pretty good OL as well :rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Eagles have a pretty good OL as well :rolleyes:

No **** homer, and we barely escaped despite all their injuries and being at home. One game does not make this defense unstoppable. I'm optimistic but I'm not braindead.

4 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

You know that’s a fair point to all the eagles fans screaming injury:  Rewatch last years matchup. That said I would rather face teams at full strength do we are more prepared for the better teams in the playoffs. 

They were relatively healthy until guys started getting “hit sticked”. 

VTCrunkler likes this

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

No **** homer, and we barely escaped despite all their injuries and being at home. One game does not make this defense unstoppable. I'm optimistic but I'm not braindead.

And they barely beat us last year with our injuries. 

23 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I agree with you the Colts won’t be a pushover. But you are yet another who doesn’t know what that post was about. You just read headline.

Just becuase I loved Harvey Dahl, doesn’t mean I thought he was the best OL in the NFL. My thread is about a similar Dahl intangible I see in our defense.

12 hours ago, vel said:

Dang. No Leonard would be a big loss for them. No Desir sets them up pretty thin at CB too. Gonna be a lot of soft coverages. 

Greetings falcons fans. Colts are deep at corner so the desir injury shouldn't  change much. Kenny moore, wilson, rock ya sin. Also our depth linebackers are better now. Ej speed and Bobby  okereke  can fill in for Leonard  if need be. On defense Denico autry is a monster up the middle.  If kemico turay plays he was the number 1 rated pass rusher in the nfl week 1. We have a promising  you safety in willis who looks to be overtaking geathers for ss safety.

Marco102, vel and duckhoa like this

9 hours ago, duckhoa said:

I have not been this confident in a win for the Falcons since going into the game against the Browns last year.

The falcons may win with vinatieri  missing  kicks. Colts currently  ranked number 2 in nfl at rushing  the qb and that was with sheard and turay out last game. Brissett  typically  takes care of the football  so that usually  keeps  games close. They have not asked him to win with his arm yet, but he certainly  can as his arm is stronger  than Luck's. Also keep an eye out for parris  Campbell  and deon cain. Frank Reich  has criminally  under used both  so far and one will probably  break out soon.

duckhoa likes this

12 hours ago, vel said:

I liked this match up before today. I did not want to see them if they were 0-2 so I'm glad the Titans laid an egg. Their offense isn't the greatest, especially without Funch. Mack is good, Hilton is good, Ebron is finally good, but beyond that it's not much. Will be fun to see how they handle them. On defense, Malik Hooker is a dog, but beyond that, everybody else is mediocre beyond Houston. 

This should be a comfortable victory. Which means it will come down to that Vinatieri missed FG. 

Nah this colts team has fight in them. Also they have more than hooker and Houston  on defense.  You failed to mention  denico Autry,  willis, turay who is like a young  justin Houston,  Muhammad  another good pass rusher, tyquan lewis, quincy wilson, kenny Moore,  rock ya sin, ej speed, Anthony walker, margus hunt.

falconsrus likes this

OTR in the NFL, you just need a win.  Any team on any given day, that's what this league is about.

Road wins are hard to come by...get er done

I want to be confident going into the Colts game, but unfortunately I can't. In the series against the Colts, we only have 2 wins, it's just like the Browns. No matter how good or bad they are, they own us historically. Dan Quinn is also 1-10 in his last 11 AFC games (including the Super Bowl collapse). I don't care how the Colts roster look. We have to win in Indy. We don't know which Falcons team will show up. Will it be the one in week 1 against the Vikings or the one in week 2 against the Eagles. It's a week to week thing with this Falcons team. The offense has been inconsistent so far, but the defense looks improved from last season. Long season to go. 

Edited by mqg96
duckhoa likes this

10 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Indianapolis Colts vs. Atlanta Falcons Results

The following is a list of all regular season and postseason games played between the Indianapolis Colts and Atlanta Falcons. The two teams have met each other 16 times, with the Indianapolis Colts winning 14 games and the Atlanta Falcons winning 2 games.

Indianapolis Colts lead series 14-2-0

This is Browns 2.0 mark my word. Just like the Browns, we only have 2 wins in the series against the Colts. The 1998 Falcons who went 14-2 with a trip to the Super Bowl, won 28-21 against a 3-13 Colts team in rookie Peyton Manning's season. The 2011 Falcons who made a wildcard berth at 10-6, dominated a 2-14 Colts team in Indy, we caught them at the perfect year, the year after Peyton Manning but the year before Andrew Luck. Both of those Colts teams only had 2 wins or 3 wins, which is VERY possible with this current Colts team after Andrew Luck retired recently, but if not...... We have to remember, Andrew Luck didn't start in the 2015 game against the Colts and we still lost AT HOME.