Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KRUNKuno

What happened to John Michaels and Rick Kamla?

12 posts in this topic

Been out of Atlanta for a while.  Did they get fired for being too vulgar?  Their show used to teeter that line a lot, but it was cool.  I just tuned in online and hear Andy bunker and randy mcmichael which seems pretty boring in comparison. 

92.9 The Fan, Hugh Douglas said the Falcons had to be Cox Blockers to win yesterday. Said the producer was looking at them. He said “What? His name is Cox and and OLine has to block him”

Yeah this "Bunter Mentality" show isn't even close to as good.  I think they were told some BS reason but the station was really just tired of the apologies they had to offer from time to time.

14 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

is it me or does Andy Bunkers voice come off as smug and annoying. I miss rick and John 

I like Bunker by himself when it was just him and Jarvis on the bunker mentality.

I wasn’t a huge fan of kamla except for one time when he went completely in on a hall of fame voter for trying to justify leaving TO off of first ballot.  It was actually pretty awesome.  I did like the goofiness of kamla and michaels together though.  It was a nice bridge between fricke and hugh and dukes and bell.  

Rick and John left 92.9 The Game earlier this year in March. The moment that happened Andy Bunker got moved from evenings to afternoons along with Randy McMichel (former UGA player). Wendy also moved from the mornings to afternoons too. It’s not the “Bunker Mentality” anymore, it’s “Andy & Randy”. 

Kamla has a 2:00 pm spot on Houston sports radio he's the biggest Texans fan now lol. Not sure what Michaels is up to but I just saw him last night on a local Falcons post game show.

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

is it me or does Andy Bunkers voice come off as smug and annoying. I miss rick and John 

Yeah it's just his voice but Bunkers not like that at all. I liked him better at night with Jarvis co hosting. Him and Randy haven't fully meshed yet but they're growing on me. Bunker, Hugh, Dukes & Bell, and Jarvis are my favorites.

KRUNKuno likes this

I always liked rick and john. I think what got them disposed of was last year they caught dan quinn saying something gay in one of his pressers, even though he didnt mean it, they recorded it and played it like he did.I cant remember exactly was said. It was last season around NFL week 8-10. They kept replaying it that day.(it did get OLD and was really stupid IMO) I think they go overboard with some of the stuff and thats what cost them them their jobs. Sometimes rick you could tell didnt like when they did those recorded skits. He would try not to comment in a funny way.

I am not a fan of the morning show. Its like every time I turn it there in the mornings they always talking about stuff not sports related. Its a sports station for crying out loud !!!

Edited by falconsrsuper

I like Hugh Douglas a lot, he sounds like Mike Epps (Day-Day). He just seems like a laid back dude that would be fun to hang out with. John Fricke needs to go, never liked him. Pair John Michaels up with Hugh and THAT would be a great show. Ohhhhhhhh....it ain't Matt's fault!