Sanu is a HOSS

Geneaut

Hoop is ok...he’s not a top tier blocker, not fast, doesn’t have elite hands. He’s pretty tough once he gets going but is not an elite TE. I’m not saying he isn’t valuable, but I think between him and Sanu(in this theoretically instance), you gotta keep Sanu.

in reality, Devonta and maybe Trufant and Sambrailo get papers next offseason

1 hour ago, ki46dinah said:

Hoop is ok...he’s not a top tier blocker, not fast, doesn’t have elite hands. He’s pretty tough once he gets going but is not an elite TE. I’m not saying he isn’t valuable, but I think between him and Sanu(in this theoretically instance), you gotta keep Sanu.

in reality, Devonta and maybe Trufant and Sambrailo get papers next offseason

If Tru keeps his play up, you restructure but don't cut him. Free has to improve going forward or we become RBBC. He wasn't gonna stay for his entire contract anyway. Ty is gone yes. Other contracts have to be touched; including Sanu, in order to keep Sanu.

I don't know today Sanu for 2 more years vs Hooper for 4 more. :shrug:

Hooper turns 25 in November. He's been a valuable target/outlet guy and isn't even in his prime.

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

If Tru keeps his play up, you restructure but don't cut him. Free has to improve going forward or we become RBBC. He wasn't gonna stay for his entire contract anyway. Ty is gone yes. Other contracts have to be touched; including Sanu, in order to keep Sanu.

I don't know today Sanu for 2 more years vs Hooper for 4 more. :shrug:

Hooper turns 25 in November. He's been a valuable target/outlet guy and isn't even in his prime.

We're a long way away from knowing this stuff, of course. The season's got 14 games left, and injuries/performance will play a factor. To me, the three-receiver set that we have right now is venomous because the players mesh so nicely. Sanu's blocking is so flipping good that, relative to position, he makes more of a difference in that regard than Hooper, a tight end, does.

The other thing about Sanu is that he just turned 30 last month. The premise of this thread is that we're ready to put him out to pasture, but he's actually younger than Julio. Physically, there's no sign of him aging yet. If we could just get that cap number down from $7.9 million in 2020, nobody would be talking about this.

We're all just speculating right now, but I strongly suspect that the Falcons will find a way via restructuring, assuming he keeps playing well. It's tough because we actually drafted well over a period of time, and everyone wants to get paid what they're worth.

11 hours ago, Geneaut said:

Throws harder and farther than most NFL QBs. 

Can kick FGs. 

Recovers fumbles. 

Gets tough yardage after the catch to keep the chains moving. 

Blocks on run downs. 

And knows when Julio is gonna take it to the house on national TV. 

Hope we can work out some kind of agreement to keep him in the future. I just like his come to work and do what it takes to win mentality. 

Can’t let him go. Losing him would be like DiMarco on steroids. He does so many things that don’t show up in the stats box