Sun Tzu 7

My favorite part about the Julio Screen TD

29 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Watch the replay.  It will be the 3rd view/angle.

When Sanu redirects his guy then looks and sees Matthews block and Julio turn up field.

Sanu pumps his fist then starts walking towards the bench knowing what’s about to happen.

I love it!

Yup, like Curry celebrating before the ball goes in.  

LOVE YOU MO PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US EVER!!!

6 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Watch the replay.  It will be the 3rd view/angle.

When Sanu redirects his guy then looks and sees Matthews block and Julio turn up field.

Sanu pumps his fist then starts walking towards the bench knowing what’s about to happen.

I love it!

Yep. I loved that too. There were three parts I loved. The way Matthews squashed the corner, the way Sanu knew it as a TD, and the way Julio pointed after the score. They were all hyped. That was a monkey off their backs. 

JDaveG, Geneaut, HASHBROWN3 and 8 others like this

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Yep. I loved that too. There were three parts I loved. The way Matthews squashed the corner, the way Sanu knew it as a TD, and the way Julio pointed after the score. They were all hyped. That was a monkey off their backs. 

I'm running that, or a close variation of, that play every game until it stops working.  Jake is 2 for 2 in swallowing a man's soul and springing Julio for huge gains.

3 minutes ago, athell said:

I'm running that, or a close variation of, that play every game until it stops working.  Jake is 2 for 2 in swallowing a man's soul and springing Julio for huge gains.

Yesssirrrrr!!!

dawgsfan426 likes this

6 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Matthews Sumo smashed that lil guy! LOL!!!!

TheFatboi, ICUH8N and dawgsfan426 like this

13 minutes ago, athell said:

Back in 2012 there was a screen that Koetter had like 3 different versions of.  Same formation but the person that got the ball changed.

One went to Julio at one point in the season.  One went to Roddy in the Lions game.

If you look at this play take another look at the other side of the formation when the ball is snapped.  The structure is there for a screen to the other side with the same personnel because Ridely and Freeman are over there.  They even set up a screen and # 71 runs towards them, mirroring what Matthews did.

Yeah we are going to be seeing another version of that play this season where it goes to the other side.  

2 hours ago, birdz4i said:

funny how in post game jj said sanu got the block.

watch this vid in slo-mo!! PERFECT execution!!! PHI DC has classic response!!:D

Edited by sanfranfalcon

21 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Sanu is a HOSS. I’d love to see him play here until he retires. 

He has always been one of my favorites!! 

Geneaut likes this

1 minute ago, sanfranfalcon said:

watch this vid in slo-mo!! PERFECT execution!!!

Look at the other side of the formation/top half of the screen.

They can throw the screen to either side.

Say what you want to about Koetter but he's got great play design from time to time.

sanfranfalcon and athell like this

20 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Look at the other side of the formation/top half of the screen.

They can throw the screen to either side.

Say what you want to about Koetter but he's got great play design from time to time.

In Matt’s press interview last night he said the play had screens to each side as an option, but he was going to Julio. 

They asked Matt who he was pointing to and he basically responded, “Uh, to be honest, I don’t even know. I felt like I was 10. Just was running around the field.” :lol:

I LOVE this play. Every single thing about it. 

Sanu knew Julio was gone, Matthews drove that guy so far into the dirt I’m surprised he’s not still being extracted.

Pure beauty. 

I think I might have actually cried if a yellow flag came out for that play. 

26 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

They asked Matt who he was pointing to and he basically responded, “Uh, to be honest, I don’t even know. I felt like I was 10. Just was running around the field.” :lol:

Sanu knew Julio was gone, Matthews drove that guy so far into the dirt I’m surprised he’s not still being extracted.

Pure beauty. 

Me too.  I always expect us to get hosed on a big play.

58 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Pure beauty. 

I'm thinking this may be the game that gets them over the hump of playing the "physical" teams.

Schwarzwald likes this

1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

And to add to the drama of that beautiful moment...

it was 4th & 1 with the entire emotional game on the line.

WOW!!!

4th & 3 wasn't it? I fully expected a flag on the play. The refs always seem to negate any type of big play we have. I've come to expect it. Glad this one stuck though! Great win!

HASHBROWN3 likes this