Boise Falcon Fan

The Hardest Hitting Game I've Seen in a Long Time

79 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Still believe that's why Agholor dropped that pass. We will never be sure but I think he was trying to see if anyone was coming at him and took his eyes off the ball a second too soon.

100% agree. Isn't Agholor the WR Rico destroyed in the end zone at the end of the 1st half?

Geneaut, Ovie_Lover and Ergo Proxy like this

4 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

They said on sport center that AG said he lost the ball in the lights. 

I don't buy it. Maybe if it was a huge lob but not that style of pass. With the amount of shots those guys were taking he got alligator arms. Neal was not going to get him but running at full speed after already having his soul snatched by Rico..He made a business decision.

Geneaut likes this

Yeah. They was banging last night.  Several times I wondered how the player got up after a tackle.  That hit that the eagles cornerback put on the falcon tight end for instance. 

Geneaut likes this

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

That form tackle by Julio tho!

I was really hoping someone other than Julio could make a tackle after an INT this time. <_<

VTCrunkler likes this

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Even Matthews got in on the fun.

You could tell Bruce Matthews was proud of Jake. That DB witnessed a near death experience.

lmao. It was like good morning, good evening, RIP.  :slick:

Geneaut, DawnOfThemBirds and Emmitt like this

1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Wentz took some shots as well. That was why he kept having to be checked on once he got to the sidelines.

Debo, Keanu, Clayborn, Takk, and Jarrett put some good hits on Wentz.

I was so happy when Hoyer came in the game. Then when Wentz came back in I winced

1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I thought Wentz was about to be put on the shelf yet again. He definitely got beat up a bit.

......I also see what you did there lol 

I listen to Skip and Shannon too much :tiphat:

PokerSteve and DawnOfThemBirds like this

2 hours ago, Shooter Says said:

Noticed during the 4th a few dropped passes by the Eagles when there was no contact from the DB's. I think a big part of that were the hits we were laying out prior to that point. Those hits were definitely in the back of their minds when they were trying to catch those late passes. Shout out to Rico and Neal for that. Dion had a couple big hits as well.

100% Especially on the Sproles one in the middle of the field.

https://929thegame.radio.com/articles/radiocom/3-nfl-week-2-takeaways-falcons-eagles-bloodbath

1. Sunday Night Football Was An Absolute Bloodbath

If you can remember an NFL game in the last five years (and maybe longer) that saw more players end up in the medical tent and/or locker room, you're in the minority.

Falcons punter Matt Bosher was dealing with an obvious groin injury, one that led to his three punts going for an average of just 39.3 yards. Forty-four-year-old kicker Matt Bryant was forced to do kickoffs for the first time in over a decade. Though rookie right tackle Kaleb McGary ultimately returned to the game, he suffered a knee injury that he'll have further evaluated Monday. Safety Damontae Kazee, cornerback Desmond Trufant and safety Ricardo Allen all suffered minor injuries during the game that forced them to miss some time, though none of the injuries appear like they will have a lingering affect beyond Sunday.

For the Eagles, DeSean Jackson and Alshon Jeffery were injured early in the game and did not return, which left the Eagles without many passing options considering that a calf injury kept second-year tight end Dallas Goedert from playing at all, even though he was active. Meanwhile, quarterback Carson Wentz took a shot in the ribs early in the first-half, and before halftime, he ended up in concussion protocol for a different hit. Wide receiver Nelson Agholor was blown up in the endzone, which forced him to go through concussion protocol. The Eagles had to burn a timeout in the fourth quarter to assure that Zach Ertz didn't miss a play after he took a big hit over the middle and had to briefly come off the field ahead of a crucial third-and-10. Two plays later, when Wentz hooked up with Agholor for a 43-yard gain on fourth-and-14, future Hall of Fame left tackle Jason Peters had to come off for a play after getting the wind knocked out of him.

Though the injuries didn't subside late, the quality of play increased rather dramatically late in this game.

Francis York Morgan likes this

3 hours ago, vel said:

I was told all week this was a soft and mentally weak team...

You can check my posts in your weekly pre game scout thread. I called it too that the defense would show up. Just didn't trust the offense. I have the same confidence in Quinn defense as I did with Shanahan even when they have a bad game. These two are excellent at their respective sides of the ball and they have a long enough track record to back it up. I even saw glimpses of it in week 1 despite the loss.

1 hour ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

The title of the video tho... Eagles defeat falcons?

Dude, I’m just trying to get the message across. It was one of two I found with the quote... someone set me up!

2 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I don't buy it. Maybe if it was a huge lob but not that style of pass. With the amount of shots those guys were taking he got alligator arms. Neal was not going to get him but running at full speed after already having his soul snatched by Rico..He made a business decision.

I’d like to see it again to make an educated guess on it. 

11 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

There was a helmet to helmet hit on Hooper that went unflagged.  Collinsworth was raving about how great of a hit it was then got real quiet when they showed the replay showing helmet contact. 

Do you ever notice when they are showing an obvious foul occurring on replay and they are famously silent to the play or deflect. 

2 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

They said on sport center that AG said he lost the ball in the lights. 

Think he was misquoted, he said he lost his balls after that hit.

Right when Rico said something to KS I knew he was gonna make a play. I called a pick but the hit was just fine! Then Collinsworth wouldn’t shut up about it BUT I was ok with it this time lol. Great job Rico and good to have u back! 

Jerz #Quinning likes this

4 hours ago, Flyin' In DC said:

The whole defense was hitting last night. I haven't seen our D-Line hit a QB that much and that hard in a really long time.

Against a really good Oline

Wentz had to stay in the pocket longer than he preferred, due to great coverage by the Falcons DBs. Many times he had absolutely no one to throw the ball to.

The DL was great, but so was the coverage, which gave the DL longer to get there...............Calling out: Trufant/Oliver/Kazee/Jones/Allen/Neal

Edited by Cheap Talk