Boise Falcon Fan

The Hardest Hitting Game I've Seen in a Long Time

79 posts in this topic

I mentioned this last night on the board. My wife said that it looked as if Agholor was tossed out of a speeding car on that play where Allen laid him out. And if it wasn't for Carson having a little mobility, we would've seen a lot more of Josh McCown than anyone needed to.

As stated earlier, the training staffs on both sides will earn their $$$ this week...

10 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

I think a lot had to do with cramping. Roof  needs to stay closed until October. As a fan it got a little miserable in the stands. There is absolutely no air movement in the stadium when the roof is open. 

Yeah I was there too. Why you open the roof at night I will never know. It adds nothing to the appeal of the game. And it was humid as crap in there. And I will have to say this was my first game in the dome and I was very disappointed. Not in the dome itself it is state of the art but the fans. I used to have season tickets in the old dome. It was always loud and full. For a first home game, and prime time at that, it was 1/3 empty and not loud at all. If it wasn’t for eagles fans that stadium would have been 1/2 full.........very disappointing.

ShadyRef likes this

24 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Even Matthews got in on the fun.

You could tell Bruce Matthews was proud of Jake. That DB witnessed a near death experience.

That db frkn disappeared! An instant classic.  Great time to be a Falcons fan. Period.  :)

Ovie_Lover and DawnOfThemBirds like this

5 minutes ago, Caddieman said:

Yeah I was there too. Why you open the roof at night I will never know. It adds nothing to the appeal of the game. And it was humid as crap in there. And I will have to say this was my first game in the dome and I was very disappointed. Not in the dome itself it is state of the art but the fans. I used to have season tickets in the old dome. It was always loud and full. For a first home game, and prime time at that, it was 1/3 empty and not loud at all. If it wasn’t for eagles fans that stadium would have been 1/2 full.........very disappointing.

Welcome to Translanta 

11 minutes ago, Caddieman said:

I’ve had STs since 2004. I’ve enjoyed the new stadium, besides the engineering nightmare of exiting the stadium. That is the worst thing about the Benz. PSLs have killed our home field advantage.

Caddieman likes this

5 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

I’ve had STs since 2004. I’ve enjoyed the new stadium, besides the engineering nightmare of exiting the stadium. That is the worst thing about the Benz. PSLs have killed our home field advantage.

I would agree 1000%

Noticed during the 4th a few dropped passes by the Eagles when there was no contact from the DB's. I think a big part of that were the hits we were laying out prior to that point. Those hits were definitely in the back of their minds when they were trying to catch those late passes. Shout out to Rico and Neal for that. Dion had a couple big hits as well.

54 minutes ago, vel said:

I was told all week this was a soft and mentally weak team...

This is why I avoided the boards last week lol. It was week 1, we always look bad then. I'd have worried if we laid an egg last night.

Even everyone at work was "you were so wrong about the Falcons lol" "they gonna get smacked by the eagles" I'm gonna be so smug today. 

48 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Even Matthews got in on the fun.

You could tell Bruce Matthews was proud of Jake. That DB witnessed a near death experience.

I forgot the exact wording but someone on reddit said "imagine being a slot corner amped up to take on Julio Jones and you get banished to the shadow realm by some 300lb monster.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

Agholor remembered that hit every time he turned over in bed last night. :D

Others have said this, but i started writing this post before reading the whole thread.

May have also contributed to him dropping the pass in the 4th quarter.

Think we may finally have the team that, not only beats you the week they play you, but cause you to lose the next week as well.

8 minutes ago, Shooter Says said:

Noticed during the 4th a few dropped passes by the Eagles when there was no contact from the DB's. I think a big part of that were the hits we were laying out prior to that point. Those hits were definitely in the back of their minds when they were trying to catch those late passes. Shout out to Rico and Neal for that. Dion had a couple big hits as well.

Still believe that's why Agholor dropped that pass. We will never be sure but I think he was trying to see if anyone was coming at him and took his eyes off the ball a second too soon.

47 minutes ago, ratesforless said:

I mentioned this last night on the board. My wife said that it looked as if Agholor was tossed out of a speeding car on that play where Allen laid him out. And if it wasn't for Carson having a little mobility, we would've seen a lot more of Josh McCown than anyone needed to.

As stated earlier, the training staffs on both sides will earn their $$$ this week...

I think Allen's hit is a big reason Aghalor dropped that go ahead TD when Neal failed to get in proper coverage. Hearing footsteps.

9 minutes ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

Remember that one attempt when he pulled his arms back in? Wonder what was on his mind...

Didn't he also get cracked by Neal too?

7 minutes ago, Falcon from E said:

Nate Burleson said on GMF that watching this game made him feel happy and glad he was retired because just how hard the Falcons were hitting and tackling 

Hope there’s a link somewhere 

ratesforless likes this

9 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I think Allen's hit is a big reason Aghalor dropped that go ahead TD when Neal failed to get in proper coverage. Hearing footsteps.

They said on sport center that AG said he lost the ball in the lights. 

9 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Yeah, I might pull the arms back a little bit too after getting the business end of a Doomsday Device an hour ago...