Devondre Campbell

Matt Bryant

Matt Bosher

Kenjon Barner

Justin Hardy

Kemal Ishmael

Cut

Mohammed Sanu ($6.5m in savings)

Devonta Freeman ($6.5m in savings if designated post June 1st cut)

Ty Sambrailo ($3.75m in savings)

Matt Schaub ($2m in savings)

Allen Bailey ($4.5m in savings)

Re-Sign

Jack Crawford

Steven Means

Adrian Clayborn

Tyeler Davison

Austin Hooper

Jermaine Grace

Keith Smith

Draft

1. Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State

6-5, 260lbs and runs a 4.5 forty time. Recorded 8 sacks and 20 TFL in 2018 and already recorded 3.5 sacks in 3 games this year. 

2. Donavon Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan

6-2, 210 lbs. Big-time athlete who can contribute all over the field as well as return kicks. Will make cutting Sanu more palatable.  

3. Lloyd Cushenberry III, OL, LSU

A former 2 star recruit who has developed into one of the best centers in the nation. Big and athletic.

4. Mike Hampton, CB, USF

My personal early sleeper. Long athletic corner, with ball skills and likes to hit. 2 INT's and 16 PD's last year.

5. Patrick Queen, LB, LSU

Undersized athletic linebacker from LSU - he's almost guaranteed to end up in the NFC south. A former running back with great all round athleticism but flying under the radar right now.

6. Jonathan Garvin, Edge, Miami

You can never have enough edge guys and with Beasley, Clayborn, Means and Crawford all free agents in 2020 we're going to need a couple. 5.5 sacks and 17 TFL in 2018.

7. Journey Brown, RB, Penn State

Who knows if this guy declares, but he looks like the next great RB to come out of Penn State and he's fast. 

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Smiler I’m not cutting Allen Bailey mate I’m going to keep him and try and resign Davison on another 1 year deal.

If anyone’s gone upfront it’s Crawford & Clayborn.

Fair enough. I need to see more of Bailey and feel Crawford is criminally underated but I'd be happy with either.

kiwifalcon likes this

Hear me out @Smiler11 because I think this is a fun draft to talk about.

If the Falcons are going to keep running these 5-2 / 3-4 / 4-2-5 / 2-4-5 looks I'd keep Bailey and Vic to a 3 year deal that acts like a 2.

(Unpopular opinion).

I'm also not buying into Crawford. He's basically only a 3T rusher and we have like 4 of those: Grady, Bailey, Cominsky, Crawford. I think Cominsky was drafted to be the replacement for him and we should draft another replacement for Bailey this coming draft if Hageman is not the answer or Bennett doesn't return.

On the other hand the depth at 3-4 OLB/ 4-3 DE is gross right? So maybe we draft a new star in the making to back up Vic / Takk in those looks and eventually replace Vic that way. Just trying to play smart.

EDIT: We could bring Means back if healthy and have him run that role because DQ brought him back for that purpose this year.

The only other hole I see is a LVE type of MLB we could use over Campbell for the future.

Is that Grace? Is that Foye? Not sure mate, but I'd head to the draft and look at those LBs to see if there is a guy you can add to that spot.

As far as the offense goes I think LG and future C are the only spots with needs.

Edited by Unintentional Grounding

1 hour ago, Unintentional Grounding said:

Hear me out @Smiler11 because I think this is a fun draft to talk about.

If the Falcons are going to keep running these 5-2 / 3-4 / 4-2-5 / 2-4-5 looks I'd keep Bailey and Vic to a 3 year deal that acts like a 2.

(Unpopular opinion).

I'm also not buying into Crawford. He's basically only a 3T rusher and we have like 4 of those: Grady, Bailey, Cominsky, Crawford. I think Cominsky was drafted to be the replacement for him and we should draft another replacement for Bailey this coming draft if Hageman is not the answer or Bennett doesn't return.

On the other hand the depth at 3-4 OLB/ 4-3 DE is gross right? So maybe we draft a new star in the making to back up Vic / Takk in those looks and eventually replace Vic that way. Just trying to play smart.

EDIT: We could bring Means back if healthy and have him run that role because DQ brought him back for that purpose this year.

The only other hole I see is a LVE type of MLB we could use over Campbell for the future.

Is that Grace? Is that Foye? Not sure mate, but I'd head to the draft and look at those LBs to see if there is a guy you can add to that spot.

As far as the offense goes I think LG and future C are the only spots with needs.

I'd love to bring Beasley back, I just think with all the contracts we've given out and the market rate for DE's, we've kind of priced ourselves out of being able to retain him. Maybe I'm wrong. We definitely need more versatile, out and out edge rushers and that's the direction I would invest in via the draft - you can't afford to keep paying for veteran pass rushers.

I'm a big fan of Means, so hope we bring him back.

I get we've got an abundance of interior pass rushers, I just think Crawford is massively underated. Given Bailey is under contract next year and Crawford isn't, that's probably the direction we go in. Need to see a bit more from Bailey and Cominsky to be comfortable cutting our 2nd best interior pass rusher at this point.

The Safety, turned linebacker at Clemson looks to be a special prospect and the type DQ likes. He could be someone we target. Although personally I think between Debo, Foye and Grace we're in a pretty good spot, given we're in sub packages 70+ % of the time. I'd take a shot on someone like Patrick Queen in the middle rounds.

On offense, I'd be surprised if Sanu and Freeman are on the roster next year so I'd be looking at injecting some more talent/youth into those groups. Backup center for sure is a need - we don't want to end up in the same situation we were in when McClure retired.

Overall I think it looks like a strong draft. The corner class in particular looks very good.

On 18/09/2019 at 8:50 AM, datchrisb1 said:

I wouldn't cut Freeman, can't see Ito being a bell cow and I haven't seen enough from anyone else.

I don't think we need a bell cow, just complimentary pieces. True we haven't seen what Olisson and Hill can do in this offense yet, but Freeman has hardly set the world on fire through 2 games and his contract was always structured more like a 3 year deal (rather than 5). 

3 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I don't think we need a bell cow, just complimentary pieces. True we haven't seen what Olisson and Hill can do in this offense yet, but Freeman has hardly set the world on fire through 2 games and his contract was always structured more like a 3 year deal (rather than 5). 

I co-sign this