Flyin' In DC

Brees torn ligament

84 posts in this topic

A lot will depend on what happens in those next 6 games, if they lose 4 or more, they could be out of the equation early.  If they win 3 or more, they could hope to bring Brees back for a playoff push, but honestly, if he does stay out 6 weeks and comes back against US, that could be gold right there.  Not playing a month and a half and coming back cold....we could break them in half....and probably run away with the division by thanksgiving. If they lose 5 or more, Im willing to bet if Brees isn't at least 85 percent, maybe they keep him out rest of the year depending on where they are in playoff seeding.

3 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Their defense takes time to get in groove. Anyways Vicodin now knows Brees is out, I won’t look past him. He will come up with crazy stuff. Will it be enough, we will see.

Time will tell although their defense doesn’t have time to get in a groove. I feel like your fear/faith in Vicodin is misplaced. The talent drop off from brees to teddy is tremendous. The most significant is brees pocket presence and mobility things teddy sorely lacks. Brees ability to extend plays as well as his accuracy against pressure will be impossible to replace. Honestly they should ride with taysom hill over teddy imo

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

https://saintsreport.com/threads/nfc-south-schedules-prior-to-11-10-atlanta-game.414275/

^^^Saints report forum thread.

You know Taints fanbase worried.  They have already started a thread analyzing the NFCS schedules for all four teams in division.  They have decided if they can just win 2/6 they will win the division.

Hoping for a Brees-Jesus miracle!

If they go 2-4 and 3-5 when Brees comes back, at best they go 9-7. That’s assuming Brees even resembles the QB he was pre-injury. He was already regressing as it was. I see good old fashioned 7-9 year in store for the Saints now that Brees is injured. If Bridgewater really sucks it could be worse. 

falconidae and g-dawg like this

6 hours ago, NCFalconfan said:

Saints fans preparing lawsuits against Aaron Donald as we speak.

They've also petitioned the NFL Rules committee for a change banning any defensive player from sacking, blocking or otherwise hindering the person of Drew Breeze from passing running or handing off.  If it does happen and he is injured the Saints will be excused from games until Breezus is 100%

6 hours ago, FalconBlood said:

They could easily go 0-6

idk man they still have a lot of talent on that roster and i'd imagine Bridgewater improves. 

On 9/16/2019 at 1:23 PM, falcons007 said:

Their defense takes time to get in groove. Anyways Vicodin now knows Brees is out, I won’t look past him. He will come up with crazy stuff. Will it be enough, we will see.

Aints Run a system offense and Vicodin is key part of that.