Flyin' In DC

Brees torn ligament

84 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, falconidae said:

6 weeks? Lets see if they IR him.

Wouldn't be surprised if they IR him and see what the record is when he can return.

6 weeks...at his age, more like 8-10.

Schwarzwald likes this

He will be back for the Thanksgiving game against us.....  the media will hype him to godly status and the voodoo gods will allow him the look like the second coming....

Emmitt likes this

I hate the aints  with every breath in my body, but still a part of me hates that this might be the end of the line for Brees. 

I along with many others noticed the lack of arm strength he had last year. This could be the end of the road as far as maintaining a high level of play for him.

....eh never mind, f*** him and the horse he road in on!

41 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

Saints fans preparing lawsuits against Aaron Donald as we speak.

Also probably the refs as well. I saw that Cameron Jordan had returned a fumble for a touchdown and it got called back. Then after the game, refer to them as "foot locker" ROFL.

Edited by V-Town Falcon

46 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

I don't know the extent of the tear but six weeks for a QB seems short. That is $20 million dollar thumb

That's my thought process, only 6 weeks? But of course all our division games are at the end of the year smh

38 minutes ago, octoslash said:

When He returns, I wonder if the league will provide a donkey for Him to ride into the stadium on, and palm leaves for His tired feet.  

Triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem | created for:DUC ...

:lol:

8 minutes ago, vel said:

Not just that. He's going to have to get back in football shape and re-warm that arm up. Six weeks on ice is not ideal

Exactly.

He will also need to rehab that thumb enough to regain mobility for him to comfortably be able to grip a football and throw it.

ratesforless and vel like this

Just now, Boise Falcon Fan said:

And he may not be able to grip the ball as tightly for the whole season. Hate to see a great player get hurt...

I hate to see anybody hurt, but this injury is not going to impact his quality of life long term, so it might be entertaining to see the great man play badly for America's plucky underdogs.

Ovie_Lover likes this

I dont think he will be back in 6 weeks....that ligament repair and rehabbing will take some time.

His wrist/hand will be in a cast or temporary splint, which will cause forearm weakening and reduce grip strength even when the ligament is fully healed until completion of rehab.

Even if he plays against us, it will not be an easy test for his grip strength.

vel likes this

50 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Would rather he play to give Aints fans less excuses. Oh well.

It’s cute that you think Aints fans will have less excuses. Their entire team is built out of bounties and excuses. 

2 minutes ago, shc said:

If he is out when we play them, it might be a blessing in disguise, as our D-Line may kill the old man.

The Vic Beasley swipe at the ball while passing by may have its greatest effectiveness against ol' Sore Thumb.

CrimsonFalcon likes this

Donald played like a beast!!!!!! Many of the  taking heads still riding Nola jock. Stephen Smith was the few that says different. I do not see Saints fairing very well. If Ryan can get his rear in gear and control those passes, the Falcons could have a really good year.

1 hour ago, blackredfellow said:

Great. Back against us after the bye? NFL and announcers already salivating to slobber all over Brees and cheer for some heroics 

They wanted that in 2016 on MNF. Guess we’ll just have to blow them out again. Hope Free still shifty enough to break some ankles. 

ratesforless likes this

1 hour ago, jdawg4876 said:

I watched both panthers game in full, cam is really hurt, and their defense is not as good as advertised. brees is out for at least 6 weeks. winston look good and I like bruce as a HC, but who knows with tampa. So yeah it willl be a slugfest for all south teams, going agains stout defenses in the afc south

Winston was terrible week 1 and should’ve had an INT against Carolina. It hit Luke K right in the hands. Winston is a scrub.

carolina is a mess with Cam

we obviously have issues with Brees and it’ll be tough with this schedule.

falcons aren’t scaring anyone either.

its wide open. 

3 minutes ago, CocoLoco said:

Winston was terrible week 1 and should’ve had an INT against Carolina. It hit Luke K right in the hands. Winston is a scrub.

carolina is a mess with Cam

we obviously have issues with Brees and it’ll be tough with this schedule.

falcons aren’t scaring anyone either.

its wide open. 

Right, because that Falcons win last night wasn't impressive at all.

Falcons have 3 new Olinemen this year, you give them time to gel and the offense will be deadly.

wnyfalconfan and Flyin' In DC like this

6 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Right, because that Falcons win last night wasn't impressive at all.

Falcons have 3 new Olinemen this year, you give them time to gel and the offense will be deadly.

Cut out the turnovers and penalties and we’d win comfortable on most nights.