E. T.

Phillies @ Braves

101 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

No. We'll rotate guys out and give them a day off here and there but it's not gonna be treated like spring training nor should it. These guys are playing great right now. We don't need to have them lose their groove and then be cold come October. I believe that even some of the guys like Freddie talked about how there was a bit of a hangover after they clinched last year and how that carried over into the Dodgers series and they couldn't flip the switch back on.

I agree. Now what do you think about bringing some minor league pitchers up to get some exposure and give our starters and bullpen some extra rest after we clinch of course. Depending on when that happens, there still would be several games left.

2 minutes ago, E. T. said:

JD will be our X-factor that we missed out on last season.

I think so too. He’s a gamer. His WAR is the best on the team this year. His defense has been phenomenal. 

E. T. likes this

14 minutes ago, E. T. said:

I agree. Now what do you think about bringing some minor league pitchers up to get some exposure and give our starters and bullpen some extra rest after we clinch of course. Depending on when that happens, there still would be several games left.

Touki, Wright and Wilson are already here. They're in the bullpen. 

45 minutes ago, E. T. said:

I think we'll see some spot starts here and there by guys like Wright and Wilson but I wouldn't expect much change honestly.

Really can't help but feel that some bad defense doomed this game so far. We should have been out of that 4th with a lot less damage done. 

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Really can't help but feel that some bad defense doomed this game so far. We should have been out of that 4th with a lot less damage done. 

It's like Donaldson and Keuchel didn't want Dansby to play defense that inning. Should have been two routine groundouts to Dansby and they both ****** them up. No clue how those were ruled hits either. They should have been scored errors.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I go back to Donaldson's AB. How in the world do you not swing at that pitch? It was right down the middle!!

The Braves should leave him off the playoff roster. What a piece of poop. 

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It's like Donaldson and Keuchel didn't want Dansby to play defense that inning. Should have been two routine groundouts to Dansby and they both ****** them up. No clue how those were ruled hits either. They should have been scored errors.

I'm still confused at how those were labeled as hits. Should have been a much easier inning than it was, but it's whatever I guess

Falconsfan567 likes this