E. T.

Phillies @ Braves

101 posts in this topic

Tuesday, 7:20, Velasquez vs Keuchel

Wednesday, 7:20, Eflin vs Julio

Thursday, 12:10, Nola vs Soroka

The Giants are in for 3 over the weekend and that will be the end of the home schedule. The next home game would be Game 1 of the NLDS if all leads hold. Braves lead the Cardinals by 9 for the #2.

Phillies enter Atlanta 4 back of the WC. So the Braves have a chance to end their season. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Good news!! With the Cardinals beating the Nats and the Cubs winning all of a sudden the Nats are only half a game ahead of the Cubs for the top WC spot. The Brewers are 1 back. Nats playoff spot is all but a guarantee at this point. Would be so sweet if they missed out.

Cubs are also suddenly 2 back of the Cards. They've trimmed 2 off the lead. That Braves vs Cards NLDS isn't looking like such a lock at the moment.

Nats play a day game tomorrow. If the Braves win is paired with a Nats loss tonight it would mean the Braves could clinch the East before the game tomorrow. It would require a Cardinals sweep and the Braves winning tonight.

3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Nats play a day game tomorrow. If the Braves win is paired with a Nats loss tonight it would mean the Braves could clinch the East before the game tomorrow. It would require a Cardinals sweep and the Braves winning tonight.

If we win the next two and the Nats drop 1 game, then we clinch. Doesn’t require a sweep. 

13 hours ago, AF89 said:

*speakers set to max volume*

I still use this to figure out my 3s and I'm in my early 30s

AF89 likes this

1 hour ago, ATLBrave said:

If we win the next two and the Nats drop 1 game, then we clinch. Doesn’t require a sweep. 

Yes but I was referring to the Braves taking the field as East champions tomorrow before first pitch is even thrown.

ATLBrave likes this

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Yes but I was referring to the Braves taking the field as East champions tomorrow before first pitch is even thrown.

Gotcha. Misunderstood your post. 

Snitker said Culberson will be with the team tonight. He said he may not be allowed in the dugout but he's there. Fear is a foul ball or being accidentally hit during celebration or something. 

Get him a custom made football helmet that he can put on with the Braves logo on the sides. 

35 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Should we start sitting starters once we clinch this thing?

No. We'll rotate guys out and give them a day off here and there but it's not gonna be treated like spring training nor should it. These guys are playing great right now. We don't need to have them lose their groove and then be cold come October. I believe that even some of the guys like Freddie talked about how there was a bit of a hangover after they clinched last year and how that carried over into the Dodgers series and they couldn't flip the switch back on.