Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xfactor

That was a gutsy call

25 posts in this topic

Congrats to Koetter or Ryan on one of the gutsiest calls 4th down with game on the line. To pull Mathews off the line after they had been blitzing all night to deliver the block was a thing of beauty.

Also wanna say I was ready to run Oliver out of town but he saved our *** on that great 4th down tackle. Now he just needs to clean up his penalties and cover.

Also McGary is a **** man and the will and want to play after being carted off the field was amazing to see. I can hear him screaming GET ME BACK OUT THERE the man is a beast.

Finally I’m so happy to see us standing up to Philly our Lines did not get bullied our DL whipped their ***. Also our OL stood up to them considering.

Sure they hit us in the mouth but we knocked them the **** out. Great game Falcons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

It was Ryan.

 

He diagnosed the defense and saw the heavy blitz coming easily.

 

I think Julio was about to go in motion but Ryan told him to stay out wide.

 

Jim Schwartz is stupid for trying to play Ryan like he's Jameis Winston.

If he could have connected on all of his passes like that, his name would have been all over the networks this morning. He had been recognizing the Cover Zero all night. We just couldn't connect on most of the passes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

If he could have connected on all of his passes like that, his name would have been all over the networks this morning. He had been recognizing the Cover Zero all night. We just couldn't connect on most of the passes.

It's about timing.  Another week and all should be ok with that. 

Faithful Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

It was Ryan.

 

He diagnosed the defense and saw the heavy blitz coming easily.

 

I think Julio was about to go in motion but Ryan told him to stay out wide.

 

Jim Schwartz is stupid for trying to play Ryan like he's Jameis Winston.

I mean to be fair, Matt was tossing INTs like Jameis....:lol:

Drew4719, CaliFalcons, shc and 9 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I'm just happy there wasn't a late flag

Isn’t that the truth and they also need to scrap that stupid PI rule especially if Julio didn’t get the call. Can’t blame Quinn on that challenge

Bigbenright and JDaveG like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a gutsy call. I've seen them use that play several times in the past and it get sniffed out by the defense. That block was key.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Jim Schwartz is stupid for trying to play Ryan like he's Jameis Winston.

I knew he was going to bring the house but I didn’t know he was going to be dumb about it lmfaoo. 

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matthews has a highlight play in two straight seasons where he gets to sprint out and obliterate a corner....too bad it couldnt happen to Norman again, that shiz would be epic.

E. T. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

I mean to be fair, Matt was tossing INTs like Jameis....:lol:

I think all 3 came while throwing off of his back foot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I'm just happy there wasn't a late flag

Lord knows they would have had no problem throwing one on us! 

Last nights officiating was unbelievable.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

I think all 3 came while throwing off of his back foot

The Julio pick, Julio wasn’t even looking at the ball. He was on a dead sprint down the sideline. But Ryan was getting hit as well. The pick in the endzone Ryan tried to force, again while being hit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

Now he just needs to clean up his penalties and cover.

So he needs to play CB better?  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

It was Ryan.

 

He diagnosed the defense and saw the heavy blitz coming easily.

 

I think Julio was about to go in motion but Ryan told him to stay out wide.

 

Jim Schwartz is stupid for trying to play Ryan like he's Jameis Winston.

It was like a Glanville defense. Ryan said in post game it was the most cover 0 he'd seen in his entire career.

He obviously ran it one play too many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xfactor said:

Congrats to Koetter or Ryan on one of the gutsiest calls 4th down with game on the line. To pull Mathews off the line after they had been blitzing all night to deliver the block was a thing of beauty.

Also wanna say I was ready to run Oliver out of town but he saved our *** on that great 4th down tackle. Now he just needs to clean up his penalties and cover.

Also McGary is a **** man and the will and want to play after being carted off the field was amazing to see. I can hear him screaming GET ME BACK OUT THERE the man is a beast.

Finally I’m so happy to see us standing up to Philly our Lines did not get bullied our DL whipped their ***. Also our OL stood up to them considering.

Sure they hit us in the mouth but we knocked them the **** out. Great game Falcons

Agreed. I know Jake's dad was jumping outta his seat with that block and Kudos to Sanu for a block as well on that play. I love McGary, I thought for sure he was done for the game. Great game by our Dline. I think Beasley recorded a sack, but should've had two sacks, when Wentz somehow got rid of the ball, before his knees touch the ground. Amazing that it always comes to a 4th down play, when these two teams play each other to determine who wins. 

JDaveG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, V-Town Falcon said:

Agreed. I know Jake's dad was jumping outta his seat with that block and Kudos to Sanu for a block as well on that play. I love McGary, I thought for sure he was done for the game. Great game by our Dline. I think Beasley recorded a sack, but should've had two sacks, when Wentz somehow got rid of the ball, before his knees touch the ground. Amazing that it always comes to a 4th down play, when these two teams play each other to determine who wins. 

2F0D9D72-0D09-4A15-98BC-D24FFEA61176.thumb.jpeg.52965fd4c8a710ad3a20347588d85f9e.jpeg

I’m just glad they didn’t get him for a block in the back. Though Sanu barely touched him when he realized Julio was in the clear.

JDaveG, vel, ya_boi_j and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

2F0D9D72-0D09-4A15-98BC-D24FFEA61176.thumb.jpeg.52965fd4c8a710ad3a20347588d85f9e.jpeg

I’m just glad they didn’t get him for a block in the back. Though Sanu barely touched him when he realized Julio was in the clear.

Especially because its pretty clear block in the back fouls have been a point of emphasis through these first two weeks.

Very fortunate the refs let 'em play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I'm just happy there wasn't a late flag

My wife, who had the game on in another room, said it sounded like I was watching the game on time delay. It really sux to not to be able to spontaneously react to a great play because of 'flag worry'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xfactor said:

Also wanna say I was ready to run Oliver out of town but he saved our *** on that great 4th down tackle. Now he just needs to clean up his penalties and cover.

I too have never felt good with Oliver starting, but at least he showed a determination last night and made some big plays.  Hopefully that's a trend because with Trufant's improved play so far this year, it will make it tougher on opposing qb's to just automatically pick on Oliver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slider said:

My wife, who had the game on in another room, said it sounded like I was watching the game on time delay. It really sux to not to be able to spontaneously react to a great play because of 'flag worry'.

I think I have like a 30 second delay from everyone because we stream from directtv now. While everyone else is cheering or booing a play im still stuck in the huddle lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gutsy call and it was nice to come out on top at the end for once!  I thought we would lose this game and the team surprised me.  We really played aggressively and controlled the game but had just enough mistakes to keep the Eagles in it!  Glad we came out on top!

Peteshweddy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I'm just happy there wasn't a late flag

Ha, indeed. I didn't truly celebrate until I was certain I saw no yellow. Any call there would have been completely ticky-tack. Sanu did his job and Matthews DEMOLISHED his man. Pancaked him so hard into the turf I was half expecting a personal foul (would have been completely unwarranted, but ****, that man is still feeling that hit).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nomak said:

It's about timing.  Another week and all should be ok with that. 

True, and Philly's pressure was legit. Ryan was sacked once. Some say it was on Ito, but I saw it different. Ito took the right guy, who would have gotten to Ryan first. Mack was attempting to block a guy that was already engaged, and the other guy made the sack.

nomak likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

2F0D9D72-0D09-4A15-98BC-D24FFEA61176.thumb.jpeg.52965fd4c8a710ad3a20347588d85f9e.jpeg

I’m just glad they didn’t get him for a block in the back. Though Sanu barely touched him when he realized Julio was in the clear.

I thought it was just momentum follow through from the original block.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0