Vandy

Shiny Hood Ornament

164 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Would it be possible to add to the COC that you can't use the Patriots in any comparison because no one else has  ever been able to duplicate their success? 

Nah, its useful as a way to tell who doesnt have a clue 

I dig it. 

On 9/17/2019 at 9:48 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO. Several players we could have drafted are still in the NFL. Dimi should have fixed the engine, which was from a 1971 broke down Ford Pinto with one flat tire. Instead he mortgaged five picks and $141M for a shiny hood ornament and glued it on the hood. 

After eight plus seasons with him we've gone 70-60 (.539), with only four playoff berths and no Lombardies. Meanwhile the leading receivers on the last three championship teams were Edelman and Ertz with a $4M cap hit. Julio's hit was around $13M at the time. Troffed.

And yet again, You continue to assume we would draft all the good players in the draft and not miss on any of the picks. Maybe we should hire you as the GM. You always know who we should have drafted 5 years later. You probably have a stellar resume. Remind me again why the Browns and all 32 teams miss on picks every year but yet you assume TD would have hit on all 5? (The Same TD you constantly attempt to make look bad)

Then you continue to post the same recycled stats over and over again and ignore anything that does not fit the narrative. What will you say when the Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon and Julian Edelman WR core wins the SB this year? AnToNiO BrOwN ONlY wAs gUaRaNteEd 9 mILiOn!!!!!

You're the definition of a clown. Stick to watching wheel of fortune old man. The game of football has passed you. 

TheFatboi and Ergo Proxy like this

On 9/16/2019 at 7:51 AM, Vandy said:

There's plenty of freeman threads out there today, don’t bring that passive-aggressive BS in here bro! 

:)

Yes, you are correct!  He's had multiple injuries during the past 2 years.  He needs a little time to knock the rust off and it sure wouldn't hurt to play teams without ELITE defences.  The O-line needs some jell time too for better blocking. 

Dr Long Shot, Vandy and Ergo Proxy like this

On 9/17/2019 at 4:25 PM, Knight of God said:

Receivers and running backs don’t get enough credit. If either succeeds, it’s automatically the QB or OL which is erroneous as crap.

You can see the value today’s NFL puts on receivers by their TAG number.  At 16 million, it is the 3rd highest paid position behind QB and DE

Dr Long Shot likes this

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

You can see the value today’s NFL puts on receivers by their TAG number.  At 16 million, it is the 3rd highest paid position behind QB and DE

With that new extension and his old deal rolled into this what is he averaging 17-18 a season vs thee above above tag price for the best WRer in football.

#winning.

33 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

With that new extension and his old deal rolled into this what is he averaging 17-18 a season vs thee above above tag price for the best WRer in football.

#winning.

good point

4 hours ago, Falcster said:

Yes, you are correct!  He's had multiple injuries during the past 2 years.  He needs a little time to knock the rust off and it sure wouldn't hurt to play teams without ELITE defences.  The O-line needs some jell time too for better blocking. 

I still believe in Free. He was getting hit five and six yards in the backfield last game, no RB is going to have a good game in those circumstances. 

Vandy and TheFatboi like this

On 9/16/2019 at 6:11 AM, Black Francis said:

I think you’re right. Probably won’t happen though since Freeman is making the big money. 

Maybe we can pawn freeman off on the Texans for a seventh and dump his salary

5 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Value in $$$ is great. Most of the time you will hear about the OL or the QB

Ovie_Lover and Ergo Proxy like this

5 hours ago, texasfalconfan said:

Maybe we can pawn freeman off on the Texans for a seventh and dump his salary

Not doing the Freeman stuff anymore. That’s some old ish with an old friend.  I’ll say the best thing for the Falcons will be if Free can find his burst again and go off for one more year. That would be righteous. 

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

7 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I still believe in Free. He was getting hit five and six yards in the backfield last game, no RB is going to have a good game in those circumstances. 

Me too bro. Watching the Eagle game again. He had some nice moments. Got met five yards in the backfield on several runs. TATF and the media say he's done. I don't see that. I saw run blocking issues.

Flying Falcon likes this

8 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Me too bro. Watching the Eagle game again. He had some nice moments. Got met five yards in the backfield on several runs. TATF and the media say he's done. I don't see that. I saw run blocking issues.

Exactly!!!!