Vandy

Shiny Hood Ornament

164 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

I dunno bro.

Didn’t make this thread just for FF70. There were a lot of navel-gazers in here during 2018 offseason when Julio elected not to attend OTAs. I mean A lot of them. 

Some went back into hibernation, some are lurking in here but not saying anything hoping we forgot. 70 is the only one really facing the music. 

But as we both know the other’s will be back whenever JJ drops a pass or whatever.

I don't know what it is but everytime you say "navel-gazers" it gets a chuckle out of me.  My man lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, athell said:

I don't know what it is but everytime you say "navel-gazers" it gets a chuckle out of me.  My man lol

LOL bro.....@Tim Mazetti keeps trying to steal it from me. But it's my sayin', you know? 

 

 

 

and of course, @Ezekiel 25:17 likes me to say it because he get's some sort of perverted gucci rush whenever he sees it....:ninja:

athell and Tim Mazetti like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vandy said:

LOL bro.....@Tim Mazetti keeps trying to steal it from me. But it's my sayin', you know? 

 

 

 

and of course, @Ezekiel 25:17 likes me to say it because he's some sort of perverted gucci rush whenever he sees it....:ninja:

^^^^ Vandy, you are a wild boy!!! :lol:   Anyway, THIS is the kind of TATF I LOVE!!  We saw Matthews pancake the dog **** out of somebody, Julio goes supersonic and scores a TD..........................and dam near the entire board is AMPED!!!!! :slick:  I love it!!!

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 6:52 AM, Jerz #Quinning said:

Best receiving duo in the league them Bama boyz.

Better than Beckham and Landry for sure. That's all ESPN could talk about last night and I didn't hear one word about all the dropped passes Landry had last night (at least 3 that I remember right off the top of my head). Yet in the first game of the season Hopkins was making acrobatic attempts at catching passes and not coming up with them and Booger "that's another dropped pass for Hopkins. You just don't see him drop that many passes like that."

Jerz #Quinning likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 7:20 AM, TheFatboi said:

All depends on how those teams are built. Our team is built around offense. We drafted a traditional drop back qb in 2008. He NEEDS weapons. He’s not gonna win games with his feet. He’s not gonna dazzle you like Vick and Wilson. He’s not gonna over power you like Big Ben. You give that kind of qb big toys to play with. Period!! Jerry rice was the ultimate SHO. Peyton Manning has Harrison. Another SHO. All the great dynasty teams had a SHO. Some had 2 like or 3 like the rams with Bruce, Holt, and Faulk. But look how that team was built? A qb waaaaay less athletic than Matt. GIVE HIM BIG TOYS!!! At the end of the day our SHO took it to the house to win the game. And if you weren’t happy about that you’re just a miserable old soul. 

 

And whos the 10 teams? Pats don’t count cause they just picked up a SHO in Bryant. Which is probably gonna put them right back in the playoffs. Dallas has 2 SHO’s in Zeke and the other wr from bama. The hawks drafted a Julio clone to be their SHO. Big and runs a 4.3. The other teams. Even tho they’re built around defense. KC’s SHO is hurt. But Watkins was a SHO out of Clemson. So they have 2 SHO’s. 

Peyton Manning had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne but I'm sure mr. FFS70 never called them shiny hood ornaments blah, blah, blah.

TheFatboi likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Better than Beckham and Landry for sure. That's all ESPN could talk about last night and I didn't hear one word about all the dropped passes Landry had last night (at least 3 that I remember right off the top of my head). Yet in the first game of the season Hopkins was making acrobatic attempts at catching passes and not coming up with them and Booger "that's another dropped pass for Hopkins. You just don't see him drop that many passes like that."

Jarvis Landry has been a pretty overrated player for his entire career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

^^^^ Vandy, you are a wild boy!!! :lol:   Anyway, THIS is the kind of TATF I LOVE!!  We saw Matthews pancake the dog **** out of somebody, Julio goes supersonic and scores a TD..........................and dam near the entire board is AMPED!!!!! :slick:  I love it!!!

LOL El Gato, it's been awhile since we've had that kind of excitement in here for sure.

You could see that little dude's eyes get real big too, right before Matthews destroyed him .....Loved it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Julio’s been well worth the 5 picks. Didn’t win a playoff game until he got here. Didn’t get back to a SB since 98 until he came here. Since the 5 picks you love to bring up we’ve been to the NFCC twice. SB once. 2n round of playoffs in 2017. 

 

Playoff wins pre Julio 0

Playoff wins post Julio 4

SB appearances Pre Julio 0

SB appearances post Julio 1. 

 

Dispute it. Men lie...Women lie... numbers don’t. 

Unfortunately this is when we fall into his troll trap. 

He knows darn well the vast majority of highly competitive teams have "shiny hood ornaments" on their squad. Sometimes they're top of the market TEs. Sometimes they're top of the market WRs. Sometimes they're high draft picks, etc. 

He'll try to cherry pick narratives to support his "theory" which really doesnt amount to much more than "the falcons havent won a championship so everything the falcons do is wrong" combined with "if you ask me to identify the best players in a draft five years after the draft happens, I can do it."

He's a contrarian troll. This is what he does. To his credit, it still gets a rise of the board as a whole. But that doesnt make it any less silly or more insightful.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Unfortunately this is when we fall into his troll trap. 

He knows darn well the vast majority of highly competitive teams have "shiny hood ornaments" on their squad. Sometimes they're top of the market TEs. Sometimes they're top of the market WRs. Sometimes they're high draft picks, etc. 

He'll try to cherry pick narratives to support his "theory" which really doesnt amount to much more than "the falcons havent won a championship so everything the falcons do is wrong" combined with "if you ask me to identify the best players in a draft five years after the draft happens, I can do it."

He's a contrarian troll. This is what he does. To his credit, it still gets a rise of the board as a whole. But that doesnt make it any less silly or more insightful.  

Sad but true Larry. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Peyton Manning had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne but I'm sure mr. FFS70 never called them shiny hood ornaments blah, blah, blah.

They most certainly were. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vandy said:

LOL bro.....@Tim Mazetti keeps trying to steal it from me. But it's my sayin', you know? 

 

 

 

and of course, @Ezekiel 25:17 likes me to say it because he get's some sort of perverted gucci rush whenever he sees it....:ninja:

No I don’t!! 

Maybe a Gucci handbag and matching coat and hat but not a rush. B)

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Round and round we go. Lets pick out certain things to fit the narrative. Lets keep going.

5 picks from nearly 10 years ago, NONE of which are still in the NFL. But I forgot, Thomas Dimitroff would have drafted every great player in the draft with those picks right? The same guy you insult 24/7. Brilliant logic!

Lets include 3 contracts worth of guaranteed money and compare it to guys who have 1-2 contracts. Lets ignore everything about a contract other than the guaranteed money. Let's ignore the fact a guy like Sammy Watkins is making 14m a year and the Chiefs WR core is costing more per year almost every year going forward especially once Sanu is gone next year. But lets just ignore everything that does not fit the narrative.

2-0 and the Chiefs, Patriots, Cowboys and Rams all are spending more on their WRs this year. Meanwhile the 0-2 Panthers and Steelers spend the least. Troffed! 

LMAO. Several players we could have drafted are still in the NFL. Dimi should have fixed the engine, which was from a 1971 broke down Ford Pinto with one flat tire. Instead he mortgaged five picks and $141M for a shiny hood ornament and glued it on the hood. 

After eight plus seasons with him we've gone 70-60 (.539), with only four playoff berths and no Lombardies. Meanwhile the leading receivers on the last three championship teams were Edelman and Ertz with a $4M cap hit. Julio's hit was around $13M at the time. Troffed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Receivers and running backs don’t get enough credit. If either succeeds, it’s automatically the QB or OL which is erroneous as crap.

Unless you are on the Falcons and have to have Matt Ryan throwing to you, such a terrible passer...

Meanwhile, Matt’s OLs usually are considered worse than other elite QBs like Brees or Brady.

Some weird circle jerk of discrediting the other guy to be a Falcons player.

Sometimes playmakers carry a shoddy unit. Sometimes a unit props up a guy for plays.

Decent units with enough players and a great coach can do work.

For us, why can’t we just appreciate having both Julio and Matt?

Knight of God likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO. Several players we could have drafted are still in the NFL. Dimi should have fixed the engine, which was from a 1971 broke down Ford Pinto with one flat tire. Instead he mortgaged five picks and $141M for a shiny hood ornament and glued it on the hood. 

After eight plus seasons with him we've gone 70-60 (.539), with only four playoff berths and no Lombardies. Meanwhile the leading receivers on the last three championship teams were Edelman and Ertz with a $4M cap hit. Julio's hit was around $13M at the time. Troffed.

 

7 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Unfortunately this is when we fall into his troll trap. 

He knows darn well the vast majority of highly competitive teams have "shiny hood ornaments" on their squad. Sometimes they're top of the market TEs. Sometimes they're top of the market WRs. Sometimes they're high draft picks, etc. 

He'll try to cherry pick narratives to support his "theory" which really doesnt amount to much more than "the falcons havent won a championship so everything the falcons do is wrong" combined with "if you ask me to identify the best players in a draft five years after the draft happens, I can do it."

He's a contrarian troll. This is what he does. To his credit, it still gets a rise of the board as a whole. But that doesnt make it any less silly or more insightful.  

2A45F05D-66FE-471E-96BA-7302A7741CD1.jpeg.c1c4a2715f27a10913df51c3d060c199.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people are glad we got out coached in that 4th Q of SB51.

At least they can stay right about their cherry picked narrative instead of understanding why we aren’t champs...KS.jpg.63aa9f746654da3858c4383f8e31c5af.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Unless you are on the Falcons and have to have Matt Ryan throwing to you, such a terrible passer...

Meanwhile, Matt’s OLs usually are considered worse than other elite QBs like Brees or Brady.

Some weird circle jerk of discrediting the other guy to be a Falcons player.

Sometimes playmakers carry a shoddy unit. Sometimes a unit props up a guy for plays.

Decent units with enough players and a great coach can do work.

For us, why can’t we just appreciate having both Julio and Matt?

I’m down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SHO breaks Roddy Whites record couldn’t care less.

This guy is selfless and for all those who didn’t want to extend him you should be a ashamed to be a Falcons fan.This guy is team first and all about doing his job kicking *** and winning games.

 

TheFatboi, Vandy and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

 

2A45F05D-66FE-471E-96BA-7302A7741CD1.jpeg.c1c4a2715f27a10913df51c3d060c199.jpeg

The best part about that whole schtick is that he'll do it after like one or two seasons and end up naming a bunch of dudes that are out of the league two years later. I remember he used to talk about Brandon Boykin like he was some sort of All-Pro "wish we coulda!" guy. 

High comedy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO. Several players we could have drafted are still in the NFL. Dimi should have fixed the engine, which was from a 1971 broke down Ford Pinto with one flat tire. Instead he mortgaged five picks and $141M for a shiny hood ornament and glued it on the hood. 

After eight plus seasons with him we've gone 70-60 (.539), with only four playoff berths and no Lombardies. Meanwhile the leading receivers on the last three championship teams were Edelman and Ertz with a $4M cap hit. Julio's hit was around $13M at the time. Troffed.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

this is incredible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

this is incredible 

Would it be possible to add to the COC that you can't use the Patriots in any comparison because no one else has  ever been able to duplicate their success? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now