Vandy

Shiny Hood Ornament

164 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Vandy said:

Yup, offense goes thru Julio.

Beasley looking better for sure. 

Takk was really good this week aswell he just missed out on a couple of sacks today but considering the rough week last week he bounced back well.He was a constant threat.

Julios Julio man hat else is there to say I saw that screen and just laughed.The play just looked like another play watching Julio.The fact that ist was 4th & 3 made the play more spectacular than what it really was.

Vandy likes this

From what I saw his best days are behind him, I don't think he's 100%,he's had 2 seasons of barely over 1000,His total yards to date is 3357 and he's starting his 6th season. Not stellar to begin with, yes they were tough yards but his running style,makes him prone to  injuries. We're stuck with so we should use on third and short

Edited by Nobis_Ghost

20 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

What do you call Antonio Brown? Davante Adams? Tyreek Hill? Brandon Cooks? Amari Cooper?

@FalconFanSince1970

???? What do you call those guys?

Patriots just paid Brown 15m for 1 year. They also have Josh Gordon and Julian Edelman. Tyreek just got a massive extension and they're paying Sammy Watkins 14m a year..Oh and they drafted MeCole in the 2nd on top of that. Rams traded a 1st to get Cooks and gave him a huge extension. Cowboys traded a 1st to get Cooper and are soon to give him a huge extension.

Are those not "hood ornaments"? Just Julio? What happened to the 2-0 teams not needing them?

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
Godzilla1985 likes this

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

@FalconFanSince1970

???? What do you call those guys?

Patriots just paid Brown 15m for 1 year. They also have Josh Gordon and Julian Edelman. Tyreek just got a massive extension and they're paying Sammy Watkins 14m a year..Oh and they drafted MeCole in the 2nd on top of that. Rams traded a 1st to get Cooks and gave him a huge extension. Cowboys traded a 1st to get Cooper and are soon to give him a huge extension.

Are those not "hood ornaments"? Just Julio? What happened to the 2-0 teams not needing them?

Cooks, Adams, Hill and Cooper? LMAO. Julio would be insulted. I don't think yall know what a hood ornament is. And none of them cost five picks and $141M guaranteed. Troffed. 

47 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Cooks, Adams, Hill and Cooper? LMAO. Julio would be insulted. I don't think yall know what a hood ornament is. And none of them cost five picks and $141M guaranteed. Troffed. 

Round and round we go. Lets pick out certain things to fit the narrative. Lets keep going.

5 picks from nearly 10 years ago, NONE of which are still in the NFL. But I forgot, Thomas Dimitroff would have drafted every great player in the draft with those picks right? The same guy you insult 24/7. Brilliant logic!

Lets include 3 contracts worth of guaranteed money and compare it to guys who have 1-2 contracts. Lets ignore everything about a contract other than the guaranteed money. Let's ignore the fact a guy like Sammy Watkins is making 14m a year and the Chiefs WR core is costing more per year almost every year going forward especially once Sanu is gone next year. But lets just ignore everything that does not fit the narrative.

2-0 and the Chiefs, Patriots, Cowboys and Rams all are spending more on their WRs this year. Meanwhile the 0-2 Panthers and Steelers spend the least. Troffed! 

On 16/9/2019 at 7:46 AM, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Dallas didn’t need ornaments? Im calling BS on you. They still have to pay their wr and qb after paying their backfield ornament. They also traded a first for that WR who they might not be able to afford 

Dallas basically turned around it's future by giving Dak a #1 reciever. Pats signed a lunatic headcase to 20 million because he so shiney. If Recievers were not necessary teams wouldn't be paying them fortunes lol. What's the point of arguing though? Only Falcons fans could continually ***** and whine when gifted with arguably the best player at his position in the history of the game. 

TheFatboi likes this

29 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Dallas basically turned around it's future by giving Dak a #1 reciever. Pats signed a lunatic headcase to 20 million because he so shiney. If Recievers were not necessary teams wouldn't be paying them fortunes lol. What's the point of arguing though? Only Falcons fans could continually ***** and whine when gifted with arguably the best player at his position in the history of the game. 

To be fair to most of us falcon fans, it is mainly one person.

Dr Long Shot and Ovie_Lover like this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

But Julio kinda did in ours. :ninja:

One thing not talked about from that play is Matt mouthing off at the Eagles’ sideline as he’s running down the field.  That guy is competitive.

Vandy and Ergo Proxy like this

11 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

One thing not talked about from that play is Matt mouthing off at the Eagles’ sideline as he’s running down the field.  That guy is competitive.

Spot on, my friend, I saw that as well. 

@TheFatboi and I have discussed this before. Matt has that ‘Eye of the Tiger’ in him now. 

58 minutes ago, falconidae said:

To be fair to most of us falcon fans, it is mainly one person.

I dunno bro.

Didn’t make this thread just for FF70. There were a lot of navel-gazers in here during 2018 offseason when Julio elected not to attend OTAs. I mean A lot of them. 

Some went back into hibernation, some are lurking in here but not saying anything hoping we forgot. 70 is the only one really facing the music. 

But as we both know the other’s will be back whenever JJ drops a pass or whatever.

athell, vel, falconidae and 2 others like this

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I'm beginning to suspect you don't know what one is either.

TheFatboi likes this

16 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Spot on, my friend, I saw that as well. 

@TheFatboi and I have discussed this before. Matt has that ‘Eye of the Tiger’ in him now. 

Yea he does. Try to find all the angles of the TD. The entire team lost their minds. Matt looked at the eagles sideline. Julio pointed in the sky. Matthews lost it. Sanu was already throwing his arms. You can tell they were amped up about beating Philly that way. 4th down like it always comes down to and it ends on a 54 yard TD where EVERYBODY did their assignment perfectly and Julio out ran the remaining players that didn’t become toad kill!! 

KRUNKuno, Vandy, Ergo Proxy and 1 other like this

5 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Yea he does. Try to find all the angles of the TD. The entire team lost their minds. Matt looked at the eagles sideline. Julio pointed in the sky. Matthews lost it. Sanu was already throwing his arms. You can tell they were amped up about beating Philly that way. 4th down like it always comes down to and it ends on a 54 yard TD where EVERYBODY did their assignment perfectly and Julio out ran the remaining players that didn’t become toad kill!! 

That put chills on me bro. It was like watching an epic battle from Homer’s Iliad.

falconidae and TheFatboi like this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

That put chills on me bro.

It was literally the opposite of how they beat us. Our defense stopped them on the last play of the game. Man that was an awesome win!!! 

Vandy likes this

6 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It really was a beautiful play.  Poetry in motion.  Everything aligned perfectly.

Vandy and TheFatboi like this

5 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

It really was a beautiful play.  Poetry in motion.  Everything aligned perfectly.

8 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It was literally the opposite of how they beat us. Our defense stopped them on the last play of the game. Man that was an awesome win!!! 

It’s what we love about the game, isn’t it? 

Going to battle and leaving it all out there, then coming out on top against a worthy opponent. 

TheFatboi and falconidae like this

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Julio’s been well worth the 5 picks. Didn’t win a playoff game until he got here. Didn’t get back to a SB since 98 until he came here. Since the 5 picks you love to bring up we’ve been to the NFCC twice. SB once. 2n round of playoffs in 2017. 

Playoff wins pre Julio 0

Playoff wins post Julio 4

SB appearances Pre Julio 0

SB appearances post Julio 1. 

Dispute it. Men lie...Women lie... numbers don’t. 

54 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I dunno bro.

Didn’t make this thread just for FF70. There were a lot of navel-gazers in here during 2018 offseason when Julio elected not to attend OTAs. I mean A lot of them. 

Some went back into hibernation, some are lurking in here but not saying anything hoping we forgot. 70 is the only one really facing the music. 

But as we both know the other’s will be back whenever JJ drops a pass or whatever.

:lol:

Vandy likes this

9 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Julio’s been well worth the 5 picks. Didn’t win a playoff game until he got here. Didn’t get back to a SB since 98 until he came here. Since the 5 picks you love to bring up we’ve been to the NFCC twice. SB once. 2n round of playoffs in 2017. 

Playoff wins pre Julio 0

Playoff wins post Julio 4

SB appearances Pre Julio 0

SB appearances post Julio 1. 

Dispute it. Men lie...Women lie... numbers don’t. 

And if they kicked the field goal after that catch by Julio they would have a chip...