Vandy

Shiny Hood Ornament

164 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Grady been out best player on defense. Julio is dominant with or without the ball because he dictates the defense. The one time they leave him without somebody over top he burns them for the game winner. 

Very few in here grasp that truth, Boi. The offense goes thru Julio...

4 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Grady been out best player on defense. Julio is dominant with or without the ball because he dictates the defense. The one time they leave him without somebody over top he burns them for the game winner. 

Julio is a beast and we were smart to pay him what he deserves, but that wasn't the one time they left him without someone over the top. They all out blitzed and left him one on one numerous times. We just finally caught them on it that last time.

3 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Koetter knows how to use Julio

A lot of weapons in Ridley, Hooper, Sanu where they can’t cover everybody....

Gotta get our run game going though....that’s very concerning. 

red falcon and rounz like this

8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL, of course it was...... I’m gonna have some fun poking him on it too. 

Go start a freeman thread and i’ll hijack it with some Julio commentary. :ninja:

And lighten up Francy! 

Let’s talk about how great Julio is, like that’s original commentary.Boring. This is an off season thread...and no, I won’t start a thread about Freeman. He’s not worth it. Stick a fork in him. He’s done. Made up thread...Muah! 

4 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Let’s talk about how great Julio is, like that’s original commentary.Boring. This is an off season thread...and no, I won’t start a thread about Freeman. He’s not worth it. Stick a fork in him. He’s done. Made up thread...Muah! 

Somebody didn’t get laid last night...,

We won, I guess you’re one of those who’s only happy whining about some negative or a loss?

SMH. Get out of here with that BS!

Sidecar Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Very few in here grasp that truth, Boi. 

That’s because they watch the individual play instead of what a player away from the ball did to make a play work. For instance Beasley sniffing out the screen and covering the RB. Everybody was focused on Grady and takk’s pressure and thought that’s what made the play work but it was actually Beasley being heads up and sniffing out the rb. 

On offense all ppl saw was Rid’s td. They didn’t notice that Julio drew coverage AWAY from rid so he could be in that 1 on 1. And the funny thing is Matt missed rid and hardy 1 on 1 because of Julio. After those near td’s Schwartz started blitzing tirelessly. 

kiwifalcon, Falconsfan567 and Vandy like this

Just now, Vandy said:

Somebody didn’t get laid last night...,

True, but I do get laid plenty though after 15 years of marriage. That’s pretty awesome. Better than most here I imagine lol. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

4 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Julio is a beast and we were smart to pay him what he deserves, but that wasn't the one time they left him without someone over the top. They all out blitzed and left him one on one numerous times. We just finally caught them on it that last time.

I’m aware of that. I was just saying the one time they left him alone over top and it was completed. He had the comer beat on that int but Matt flat footed the throw because of the blitz in his face and it was picked off. Every time the went cover 0 Julio was left alone but Matt couldn’t get the ball to him until the end with the screen. That’s why it was a brilliant audible because they used the Schwartz aggressiveness against him. And without somebody over the top nobody was gonna catch Julio. 

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

That’s because they watch the individual play instead of what a player away from the ball did to make a play work. For instance Beasley sniffing out the screen and covering the RB. Everybody was focused on Grady and takk’s pressure and thought that’s what made the play work but it was actually Beasley being heads up and sniffing out the rb. 

On offense all ppl saw was Rid’s td. They didn’t notice that Julio drew coverage AWAY from rid so he could be in that 1 on 1. And the funny thing is Matt missed rid and hardy 1 on 1 because of Julio. After those near td’s Schwartz started blitzing tirelessly. 

Yup, offense goes thru Julio.

Beasley looking better for sure. 

TheFatboi likes this

34 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Ten teams are 2-0 and none of em needed an ornament to get there.

Dallas didn’t need ornaments? Im calling BS on you. They still have to pay their wr and qb after paying their backfield ornament. They also traded a first for that WR who they might not be able to afford 

TheFatboi, Vandy and Sidecar Falcon like this

Just now, TheFatboi said:

I like being 3-4. It’s better for both Beasley and takk. I think they both have 8-10 sacks this year. 

I do too, they were made for that role. 

To DQ’s  credit, he’s adjusted to their strengths. 

TheFatboi likes this

1 hour ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Faced some tough fronts, jury is still out imho.

That’s the thing, what a tough way for a new OL and RB coming off serious injury to start a season against those two bad *** defensive fronts. 

Gotta see more before making all these rash absolute conclusions about OL or freeman....

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

I do too, they were made for that role. 

To DQ’s  credit, he’s adjusted to their strengths. 

Absolutely. And I think Thia is the stoutest I’ve ever seen a falcons front besides the gritz blitz defense but I was too young to know that defense. In my era this is def the stoutest D front we’ve had. Including with Poe and big Grady. The other Grady lol. 

Drew4719 and Vandy like this

43 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Ten teams are 2-0 and none of em needed an ornament to get there.

If the Pats are in that 2-0 for you....they have AB....who is the shiniest, most a-hole hood ornament that exists.

Like a Maserati trident

7 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Dallas didn’t need ornaments? Im calling BS on you. They still have to pay their wr and qb after paying their backfield ornament. They also traded a first for that WR who they might not be able to afford 

I’m tripping on him thinking we’re the only team to have what he calls a SHO. Bill Belichick has shown he will go get a SHO if the price is fair. He’s had 2 with Brady now. Moss and Antonio. Bill knows what those SHO’s can do. 

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Absolutely. And I think Thia is the stoutest I’ve ever seen a falcons front besides the gritz blitz defense but I was too young to know that defense. In my era this is def the stoutest D front we’ve had. Including with Poe and big Grady. The other Grady lol. 

What made Gritz Blitz so Lethal was turnovers.

btw, glad to see our guy Trufant gather in two picks. 

6 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I like being 3-4. It’s better for both Beasley and takk. I think they both have 8-10 sacks this year. 

If that had not been Wentz last night, we would have racked up more sacks.  D*mn proud of the way our D showed up last night. Tons of pressure, most qbs would have folded, have to give props to Wentz, kid has heart. Now..... that fourth and forever that was converted.... f me.  But, all in all D*mn proud of the way our d played last night.  And yes, I will eat some crow and say that Beasley showed up to play too.  Feels good to beat the eagles.

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

What made Gritz Blitz so Lethal was turnovers.

btw, glad to see our guy Trufant gather in two picks. 

Trufant and that “look what I found interception” should have been a sign to all of us, that the football gods where really really pulling for us.  Happy as h-ll for tru.

TheFatboi, Drew4719 and Vandy like this

7 minutes ago, Peteshweddy said:

If that had not been Wentz last night, we would have racked up more sacks.  D*mn proud of the way our D showed up last night. Tons of pressure, most qbs would have folded, have to give props to Wentz, kid has heart. Now..... that fourth and forever that was converted.... f me.  But, all in all D*mn proud of the way our d played last night.  And yes, I will eat some crow and say that Beasley showed up to play too.  Feels good to beat the eagles.

No doubt. Beasley should’ve had 2 sacks last night but wentz is so d@mn strong he got the throw off. Wow!!! I respect wentz a lot more after last night because we should’ve had 6 or 7 sacks. That dude is making me believe the hype about him. 

Rhodaric, rounz, Vandy and 2 others like this

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

No doubt. Beasley should’ve had 2 sacks last night but wentz is so d@mn strong he got the throw off. Wow!!! I respect wentz a lot more after last night because we should’ve had 6 or 7 sacks. That dude is making me believe the hype about him. 

Wentz is a dawg. I don’t look forward to playing against him with better weapons to throw to. He is too slippery for my taste especially against a team like the Falcons. We’ve been killed by QB’s escaping potential sacks and then making a huge play, but I’m glad the defense nutted up and put a stop to that.

Vandy and rounz like this