We need to get out running game going.

Falcons Fan MVP

New OL had tough assignment the first two weeks. The RB and OL need to be in sync there were a couple of times where Freeman flashed it almost. On the short center dump off pass 2016 Freeman scores, 2019 almost did. That said I'm mostly moving towards Ito starting unless his production picks up, and I'm huge fan of Freeman. To me the running game these past two weeks should have had heavy doses of Ollison or Hill thrown in.

Can the x's and o's guys tell us if it's an oline problem? There were several times, when Freeman was running up the middle, that I thought that Ollison could have picked up an additional 3-4 yards if he had been the game. 

Thre goal line run that ito got stood up on also had me thinking Ollisin would have probably either gotten a touchdown or made it to the 1. I also think the play action would have been more effective in the goal line if Ollison was present as well. The linebackers would have crashed the line so hard because he packs power.

I don't think Freeman has lost it. I just question whether he fits mularkey blocking scheme as effectively as the one cut scheme we had before. 

Edited by ShadyRef

3 minutes ago, BloodBurgerOne said:

To be fair the Vikings and Eagles are hard teams to establish a running attack against.

This is coming from a Tevin Coleman guy.

Regardless it needs to be better. What’s the excuse gonna be when they play these same types of teams in potential playoff games? Packers put up over 100 on the Vikings yesterday without a proven RB

Not going to get into a versus argument or play "what have you done for me lately" but I would like to see Ito get more reps.  He looks so comfortable out there.  Free looks strong and violent but just isn't finding daylight.  Ito is so smooth he looks like he is in slow motion most of the time (in the really good way), nice vision, balance and patience and he gets super skinny and slippery inside.

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Vikings and Eagles have the 2 best Dlines we will see all year.

Not shocked we could not run. Ito does need more carries than Freeman though, its clear Freeman's vision has gone to crap.

Green Bay put up over 100 vs the Vikings yesterday with a no name running back. Their line is good but not great. No excuses, the run game needs to be much better

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Green Bay put up over 100 vs the Vikings yesterday with a no name running back. Their line is good but not great. No excuses, the run game needs to be much better

Meh. They got out to a 21 point lead before you could blink an eye. Vikings got beat before the 1st quarter was over just like we did against them in Week 1. 

During the 21-0 run they had 8 runs for 39 yards. Good average but the reason they took that huge lead is the passing game, not the running game.

The rest of the rushing yards came as the Packers just sat on the lead. It almost came back to bite them too as they did not score another point.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

Meh. They got out to a 21 point lead before you could blink an eye. Vikings got beat before the 1st quarter was over just like they did against us in Week 1. 

During the 21-0 run they had 8 runs for 39 yards. Good average but the reason they took that huge lead is the passing game, not the running game.

The rest of the rushing yards came as the Packers just sat on the lead. It almost came back to bite them too as they did not score another point.

No excuses. 

10 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I see how you got to 60k posts. Repeat the same thing over and over and ignore what anyone says. Good job buddy. 

I don’t ignore anything anyone says. You can’t get upset because I said no excuses. Post count is extremely overrated considering there are multiple sub forums. But thanks for being concerned about that. You must be one of those guys that doesn’t take kindly to disagreement?

I said no excuses because I tried to have debate about oline play and the running backs this offseason and I was told no excuses so why is it so bad if I echo the same sentiments?

5 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

I feel like we have the backs to keep Freeman fresh all season. He can still hurt you and he showed that but maybe in a more limited capacity you’d see his effectiveness in the run game increase.

That one play in the 3rd quarter was a good flashback moment for him. Outside of that he needs to step it up.

1 hour ago, BloodBurgerOne said:

To be fair the Vikings and Eagles are hard teams to establish a running attack against.

This is coming from a Tevin Coleman guy.

Not true ..Aaron Jones had a field day vs Vikings defense.

Freeman is rusty he missed couple of wide open holes ....and his intial cut back burst is lost.

Ito Smith in my opinion should be starting.

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That one play in the 3rd quarter was a good flashback moment for him. Outside of that he needs to step it up.

The burst out of his cutbacks is what made him spectacular. I don’t see that same explosion.

Ito needs more snaps so we can get a very good idea of what we have with him.

Ease Free in the lineup so he doesn’t get roughed up too much trying to get his groove back.