Ryan radio interview: Most times I’ve ever seen Cover-0 in a game

Ergo Proxy

Matt said they practiced a number of plays to beat the all out blitzing. They were prepared. A few plays worked and a few didn’t.

Saved the best for last by checking to Julio on the bubble screen for the win.

Harry Douglas agreed after the radio cut back. Said he understood what Matt was saying and he agreed with what he saw; he has never seen a defense call Cover-0 all out blitzing as often in an NFL game because teams know how to beat it in the pros and it was a bit reckless of the Eagles.

They had no choice. Schwartz had to win that game and he was dam close. Matt's 3 INTs kept that game close. The more he sent Cover 0, the more pressure was on the Falcons offense to deliver. Matt and Koetter wait...and waited....and waited until the perfect time and burned them for the game. I loved it!

8 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

The game was controlled by both the DL till the 4th qtr. 

To be fair, better play-calling and a couple better throws by Matt hurt us vs their blitzing...

We did enough to overcome it at the end but the offense obviously has work to do moving forward.

One thing that will slow down blitzing that much is running the ball. Play action would then burn them so badly instead of letting them T off for most of the game.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

To be fair, better play-calling and a couple better throws by Matt hurt us vs their blitzing...

We did enough to overcome it at the end but the offense obviously has work to do moving forward.

One thing that will slow down blitzing that much is running the ball. Play action would then burn them so badly instead of letting them T off for most of the game.

I need to watch the all 22 but I heard Arch mention Ryan’s arm getting hit on 2 of those picks. Ryan did he say it was wrong read on one of the picks, he didn’t see WLB. 

7 minutes ago, jidady said:

Those consecutive end zone throws were so frustratingly close. As an OC, it must suck to be that aggressive and come up empty on two brilliant calls.

Oh ya, only way I can think of Matt overthrowing Hardy was him overestimating Hardy’s speed. We NEVER see Hardy release free deep like that.

The Ridley one before that was even more strange given the knack for connecting they seem to have formed from their first bombs last year.