Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gazoo

Carpenter, Brown and McGary & Rebuilt DL

38 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, gazoo said:

Did you notice when heat got on Ryan he was able to step up into the pocket and throw? Just wait until his timing gets back with his receivers where he’s throwing rainbows again.....lethal, Ryan FINALLY HAS A LEGIT POCKET!

That's what I was saying. Against the Cover Zero, Ryan kept making the right thrown, but if he doesn't throw the ball, he would have been sacked every time. Even on the overthrows and the picks. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

Imagine how sharp we will be once Ryan settles down.  It’s not that he is playing poorly.  He isn’t.  But he is missing a few easy throws that would have been TD’s.  And all his INT’s have been awful decisions.

That should get ironed out sooner rather than later

Ergo Proxy and gazoo like this

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I’ll get on board when I see a run game

That plus Ryan was harassed all knight :ninja:, resulting in 3 int’s. 

OL’s got a ways to go, not surprising as it takes a unit with a bunch of new guys awhile to gel...

What was impressive was the play of our DL.

Ergo Proxy, Knight of God and gazoo like this

5 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If Matt can clean up the interceptions maybe we start blowing most teams out. Like 2016.

Yep...last night's game shouldn't have been that close. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 hour ago, Papa's Home said:

I really liked the Collinsworth comment on Fletcher Cox, he must be hurt or something because he had not made any splash plays like he usually does. That says a lot about our oline play tonight

LOL I know right.He didn't look hurt when he ran down Sanu though.

gazoo and Ergo Proxy like this

9 hours ago, vel said:

Only one sack all night and that was on a blitz. All that money spent on the OL and you saw it show up. Carpenter, Brown, McGary and don't forget Sambrailo. That game doesn't happen without him too. They all showed up big time tonight. 

Id be interested to see how many times he officially got hit.  I think what impressed me even more than one sack, was how little he got hit.  

Ryan dropped back 43 times and Eagles were bringing the house, yet barely laid a hand on him.  Stark contrast from last year when he was hit 122 times in16 games. 

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

The only negative I could find from the Oline was a few procedural jobs Mack Brown and Sambrailo off the top of my head.

Positively our dline gave there Oline fits there was a lot of procedural stuff going the other way also.

As mentioned the only thing missing is a consistent run threat if we can get that together I can see us getting on a roll.

If our offense can get the team ahead I like our defense even more.

That was the kind of stuff I was talking about when I said expect more growing pains this week. Just need to get their communication and tim8mg down, gel, and this offense is going to be a rendition  of 2016! 

The running game I knew would be the last thing to catch up, the backs and OL all just need more snaps together, but passing game is a little ahead of it as shown by some of those big plays. But you give Ryan a pocket and it’s lights out once we are firing on all cylinders! 

vel likes this

21 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Id be interested to see how many times he officially got hit.  I think what impressed me even more than one sack, was how little he got hit.  

Ryan dropped back 43 times and Eagles were bringing the house, yet barely laid a hand on him.  Stark contrast from last year when he was hit 122 times in16 games. 

These dudes at work was saying he was getting hit a lot. I didn't see that. Granted I didn't watch the entire game

gazoo, vel and Ergo Proxy like this

18 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Id be interested to see how many times he officially got hit. 

1 sack, 6 hits. 

Wentz went through 3 sacks and 10 hits. 

Yes, Matt was pressured, but this OL answered the bill anyway you slice it. People were ready for Matt to get abused because of the way Koetter attacks and last week. This OL bounced back and battled. Complaining about the lack of run game is lazy. They just played two of the best run defenses in the league over the last five years. It was always going to be tough sledding. 

gazoo, Ergo Proxy and Marco102 like this

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

These dudes at work was saying he was getting hit a lot. I didn't see that. Granted I didn't watch the entire game

Exactly. There was pressure, but Wentz was getting lit up compared to Matt. 

Marco102 and ya_boi_j like this

Just now, vel said:

Exactly. There was pressure, but Wentz was getting lit up compared to Matt. 

Yeah that's all I remembered mostly

gazoo likes this

I’d say even 6 hits, given 43 attempts and Eagles bringing the house virtually every snap with ineffective  running game is still decent.

We averaged over 7 hits per game last year and most defenses we played had nowhere near the pass rush intensity we saw last night. 

Marco102 likes this

2 hours ago, vel said:

1 sack, 6 hits. 

Wentz went through 3 sacks and 10 hits. 

Yes, Matt was pressured, but this OL answered the bill anyway you slice it. People were ready for Matt to get abused because of the way Koetter attacks and last week. This OL bounced back and battled. Complaining about the lack of run game is lazy. They just played two of the best run defenses in the league over the last five years. It was always going to be tough sledding. 

I think Ryan forced it out on a couple plays against their blitz and he didn't hold onto the ball; which reduced his hits. Of course, this rushed his mechanics some and he made bad throws.

So, they blitzed on his 2nd INT....but I don't know if pressure was coming home on the 1st INT before halftime when they turned it into 3 points.

That 1st one the ball was behind Sanu; as he was being a little cautious on throwing Sanu into a Safety hit, according to his post-game interview. If Sanu doesn't tip that, it's never an INT. So the throw wasn't necessarily an INT throw but just shook out that way IMO. He could've been more on target and let Sanu brace for the hit.

On the 3rd INT, it was a force in the RZ like last week. That was the worst one since he had the most control over the moment in a critical scoring situation. Looks like he went for the wrong TE two weeks in a row?

At minimum, he doesn't have to let that 2nd one go (could've taken the sack) and I hope we have better options than just chucking it downfield, BUT if he was able to release it cleanly; without rushed mechanics, he could've had Julio on Darby 1on1. You take that shot so I like the idea.

Every Turnover should be scrutinized. I feel like most of Ryan's INTs so far have been decision making based and not necessarily based on overwhelming pressure. OL showed some clean pockets tonight and when they brought the Cover-0 our blitz pickup was good enough to get the ball out.

Do we need to wait for 4th & 3 to get short beater passes designed vs the all out blitz?

That's my only thing. Felt like we forced a few shots more so than a check or hot read. Ryan hits Ridley on the first bomb and he never has to overthrow Hardy immediately after. I think Hardy was just a case of he never throws to him deep in a game like that with a rainbow pass. It would've been perfect for Calvin but Justin isn't fast enough. Thankfully, Tru gets the INT immediately after and we test Darby again with Calvin on the same pass he overthrew Hardy.

If a run game gets going it's not all on Ryan's arm vs a stout defense. Good news was their secondary wasn't as good as Vikings. Good tests first 2 weeks. Lot's to clean up still but given the OL injuries and Dirk being back? If we improve and trend up we can do a lot of damage this year.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
vel and Domed Outter like this