Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gazoo

Carpenter, Brown and McGary & Rebuilt DL

38 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, vel said:

Only one sack all night and that was on a blitz. All that money spent on the OL and you saw it show up. Carpenter, Brown, McGary and don't forget Sambrailo. That game doesn't happen without him too. They all showed up big time tonight. 

True, Ty also stepped up and shut down his side.

If you recall, after the draft we were discussing how excited we were about the line rebuilds with the more aggressive, physical, nasty linemen . Well, that is what made the difference tonight. Falcons usually lose a physical contest like this, but tonight we gave it right  back to them and won.

This is going to be a gigantic confidence booster for this team. We are back, and the NFL will be taking notice.  Offense still has some things to clean up, but they aren’t far off now. When running game timing gets down, couple that with that great pass protection, and we are lethal. 

I’m telling you guys, what happened tonight was bigger than just a win. What happened tonight is, to me, a display of what the missing pieces has been for this team, a nasty, physical, never give up knock their heads off attitude. The Eagles brought everything they had tonight, and came up short.

What happened tonight is this team is coming of age. A team that can win a dogfight in the trenches like we did tonight can beat anybody, anywhere at anytime. You add that to having the toughest QB in the game, and many elite skill position players, man......sky’s the limit folks!

And we are still growing. We can get a heck of a lot better and will in a very short period of time.

59 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Dude I was shocked we had a pocket at all with how often they attacked with cover-0.

Did you notice when heat got on Ryan he was able to step up into the pocket and throw? Just wait until his timing gets back with his receivers where he’s throwing rainbows again.....lethal, Ryan FINALLY HAS A LEGIT POCKET!

40 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I’m telling you guys, what happened tonight was bigger than just a win. What happened tonight is, to me, a display of what the missing pieces has been for this team, a nasty, physical, never give up knock their heads off attitude. The Eagles brought everything they had tonight, and came up short.

What happened tonight is this team is coming of age. A team that can win a dogfight in the trenches like we did tonight can beat anybody, anywhere at anytime. You add that to having the toughest QB in the game, and many elite skill position players, man......sky’s the limit folks!

And we are still growing. We can get a heck of a lot better and will in a very short period of time.

you going make cry 

gazoo likes this

10 hours ago, gazoo said:

Did you notice when heat got on Ryan he was able to step up into the pocket and throw? Just wait until his timing gets back with his receivers where he’s throwing rainbows again.....lethal, Ryan FINALLY HAS A LEGIT POCKET!

It’s probably why they had to go all out blitz so much because we did a good job keeping Ryan clean when they rushed 4.

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

Thank you Carpenter, Brown and McGary, you guys made a significant difference in our OL pass protection. I’ve not seen Ryan face that kind of pass rush intensity an entire game only to get sacked once, and that was on a blitz. Furthermore, Ryan was hardly hit all game. Typically, that’s the kind of game Ryan gets pounded with several nasty hits throughout the game.

You guys are making a big difference up front and will only get better with time. Ryan often had plenty of time to find a target.

Great Job Tonight!

The rebuilt OL and DLs are already paying dividends. Our DL was beastly and played nasty all game. It’s been years since I saw our DL play that physical, and we would have lost had they not been that physical. Bailey is powerful, Davison is a non stop powerful stud and beastly Grady is better playing next to him. They make Takk and Beasley better.

Our team identity was established tonight by the rebuilt lines. We are now a tough nosed, gritty, never quit physical team. 

I don't wanna argue, because I agree, but ima need more than one game to say it's established. Especially after we struggled week 1 but we are progressing for sure

McGary coming back after missing 3 quarters was ballsy. Says a lot about the new line. Carp literally blocked 3 Eagles at the same time on Julio's screen play just enough for Ryan to set it up. 

Schwarzwald and gazoo like this

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

Thank you Carpenter, Brown and McGary, you guys made a significant difference in our OL pass protection. I’ve not seen Ryan face that kind of pass rush intensity an entire game only to get sacked once, and that was on a blitz. Furthermore, Ryan was hardly hit all game. Typically, that’s the kind of game Ryan gets pounded with several nasty hits throughout the game.

You guys are making a big difference up front and will only get better with time. Ryan often had plenty of time to find a target.

Great Job Tonight!

The rebuilt OL and DLs are already paying dividends. Our DL was beastly and played nasty all game. It’s been years since I saw our DL play that physical, and we would have lost had they not been that physical. Bailey is powerful, Davison is a non stop powerful stud and beastly Grady is better playing next to him. They make Takk and Beasley better.

Our team identity was established tonight by the rebuilt lines. We are now a tough nosed, gritty, never quit physical team. 

Definitely trial by fire for both units, OL with Swartz's blitzing and the DL facing a solid Eagles OL.  DL got good pressure all night, Battered and bruised OL held on through the onslaught and it was Matthews pancake with Sanu's block that sprung Julio. Maybe most importantly the win was for this team's players coaches and fan's psyche. Now just build off of it,and grow LOL where did I hear that before.

gazoo and Schwarzwald like this

The only negative I could find from the Oline was a few procedural jobs Mack Brown and Sambrailo off the top of my head.

Positively our dline gave there Oline fits there was a lot of procedural stuff going the other way also.

As mentioned the only thing missing is a consistent run threat if we can get that together I can see us getting on a roll.

If our offense can get the team ahead I like our defense even more.

gazoo, ShadyRef, Schwarzwald and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

Agreed good to win the tough ones.

TOers and a Consistent run threat we eliminate those we win easy tonight.

Schwarzwald and gazoo like this

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

If Matt can clean up the interceptions maybe we start blowing most teams out. Like 2016.

gazoo, Schwarzwald, slick0ne and 1 other like this

We still got a ways to go before we start giving praise. Only 57 rushing yards total, that's not good, hardly any push in the run game same as last week.  Ryan might have not gotten sacked but her was getting pressured a lot.  Also it looks like Jake Matthews has seriously regressed, he was getting beat way to many times, I hope he can get it together.  

vitaman likes this

Didn't watch past half time but was definitely impressed with what I saw in the first half. Heard Kaleb came back to play late in the game. Now that's toughness

Schwarzwald likes this

OL will start to gel more. DL looks amazing. Matt will get settled in. Wasn’t surprised we got rocked in Minn. Wasn’t surprised we won tonight. Was surprised Ryan sucked. But this is our first defensive win in a long time 

gazoo, Xero, Schwarzwald and 1 other like this