Kicking....

coastiemike

15 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

It was probably just some rust. Honestly we've been spoiled with Matt Money. We're all so used to him being an automatic FG machine. Some times **** just happens with kickers. That was very uncharacteristic of him.

Im All on board with that which is why it doesn’t make sense he didn’t kick in the final preseason game.  

Also, what do you think about our kick off and punting situation?

1 hour ago, coastiemike said:

Im All on board with that which is why it doesn’t make sense he didn’t kick in the final preseason game.  

Also, what do you think about our kick off and punting situation?

My friend I am far from being an expert on special teams. Had we even re signed Bryant for the final preseason game?

That being said, Bosher was injured and his punts were terrible. Bryant did as well as you can expect for a kicker that hasn't done a kickoff in 9 years. I think it was just a weird night for our punting and kicking teams. I wouldn't be surprised if we grab a random a punter off of the street if Bosher isn't better soon. I'm not particularly concerned about that unit though. 

Kickoff and punt returns were a little questionable but I think it was more of a case of Philly having a very good special teams.

All aspects of special teams held us back in this game.  We need to clean this up quickly before it bites us in the *** and costs us a game.  If Bosher is like this again next week, we need to put him on 6 week IR, and find someone that can punt the ball over 50 yards on a consistent basis and be able to do kick offs until Bosher gets healthy.

I'm hoping that Bryant 50 yard kick was major rust, kickers do miss but that was one really bad miss.

And for the love of everything can we find someone competent that can field kick offs and punts and actually get some good return yards once and a while?