Monoxide

Vic looked solid all around tonight

32 posts in this topic

I'm glad he got the sack, but if we are being honest, that was 10000% a coverage sack. It wasn't because of a great pass rush or extreme hustle. He literally ran the arc and Wentz held on to the ball forever and drifted to his left. I hope he does build on it though. 

Ugh I have to say he played well. I’ve gone from a Vic-lover to a Vic-doubter to a I-don’t-know-what-to-think about Vic person. The line is playing at a level where he could have a great year. He’s been playing well so far. I was worried about him last year. 

seemed like his snaps were more limited tonite...and to me thats a good thing...

Edited by sanfranfalcon

Solid sure, but I'm still waiting on the production  to make me really believe he's worth that pricetag. 

Hoping he shows me I'm wrong though 

I don’t agree he looked good all around.  I think he was MIA most of the night.  BUT he had a couple HUGE plays when in last years he didn’t.  He was normally lost when it mattered most and he had one of the most important plays tonight.  So i will take a bite of crow, i won’t eat the full thing, but I will take large bite.  Nice job VIC!!

Did we end up with three or four sacks and how many pressures did we end with.he was pretty much Under Pressure the entire game

3 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Vic definitely played with alot more heart than ive seen him bring in a while. Idk what happened this week, but overall the entire team seemed to have more heart. Was refreshing to see 

I thought it was pretty obvious from some of the soundbites that DQ had after last week's game, namely the "I'm more pissed than I've been in awhile" and "this is not who we are" bites, DQ got the team motivated to perform.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

14 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

I'm glad he got the sack, but if we are being honest, that was 10000% a coverage sack. It wasn't because of a great pass rush or extreme hustle. He literally ran the arc and Wentz held on to the ball forever and drifted to his left. I hope he does build on it though. 

He was also being held the entire time.

papachaz likes this

23 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Vic would've had 2 sacks if Wentz's knee would've hit the ground before he got the ball out of his hand on that crazy drive extending play.

Great play by a great quarterback. Vic offered pressure and wrapped up, but ultimately it fell in Philly’s favor. It happens.

39 minutes ago, rings639 said:

I don’t agree he looked good all around.  I think he was MIA most of the night.  BUT he had a couple HUGE plays when in last years he didn’t.  He was normally lost when it mattered most and he had one of the most important plays tonight.  So i will take a bite of crow, i won’t eat the full thing, but I will take large bite.  Nice job VIC!!

Go back and watch the game and focus on #44 and how much pressure he was getting on Wentz all night.

Just now, Knight of God said:

Vic was very good

Him and Takk both showed up tonight. Last time I saw a Falcons game where both ends were screaming off the edge like that for the entire game was the season opener in 2006 against the Panthers when we had Abraham and Kerney doing it.

Francis York Morgan likes this

11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Him and Takk both showed up tonight. Last time I saw a Falcons game where both ends were screaming off the edge like that for the entire game was the season opener in 2006 against the Panthers when we had Abraham and Kerney doing it.

And this wasn't against just anyone, too. It was Lane Johnson and Jason Peters, the best tackle duo in the NFL imho. And Wentz wasn't holding onto the ball long either. They were battling and winning against terrific linemen.