How well do you think we match up with the Colts?

Do you think our offense will have an easier time against the Colts defense than we did against the Vikings and Eagles? Where do you think their defense is most vulnerable? 

On the defensive side do you think our defense will do well against the Colts new Quarterback? 

I think we match up much better against the Colts than the Vikes and Eagles. What do you guys think?

Just now, DirtyBird7000k said:

I think we should be 2-1 but we still have major issues to address specifically on offense! Defense is balling!

Banged up O Line looked very solid vs. one of the better front 7s in the league. Very encouraging. Compared to the beating Ryan took last week...big step up. 

1 minute ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Colts defense is pretty freaking stout. We definitely won't have an easier time scoring on them than we did tonight in my opinion. I think we win the game just because their offense isn't that great. 

Was just about to say this. They ain’t no homecoming game. Everyone wrote them off after Luck retired, but that defense plays some stout ball with not a lot of names.

Falcons should win, but I expect another slog — maybe/hopefully not as tight as tonight but they’re gonna have to earn it or it’s gonna be like last season when we walked into Cleveland thinking we were back on track.

We matchup decently, but like others have said that defense is solid, and their o-line is top of the league. If our d-line plays like they did tonight though, there’s no reason why their offense should beat us. If our offense can execute and not turn the ball over 3 times a game, we should win. But factor in the fact that it’s an AFC opponent and our chances of winning go down the ******* tube. 

Defensive pass rush is notably better so far.  Coverage is a bit soft...that 4th and 14 got me pretty upset! 

The offense improved although Ryan had a bad game overall. 

To beat the colts...Ryan needs to regain his confidence with himself and his surrounding team. When he throws off his back foot its not always necessary for him to do so. Not sure he trusts this revamped OL. 

Against Colts....its all about Ryan.  Look our D overall looks very average. They are more physical than the avg D but I still wonder about those off tackle runs that Minny destroyed us with. Eagles did not run many of those types of plays. Will the Colts?? We got to shut that $%^& down!

I'm optimistic....this offense needs to jell and I think they will. 

2 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Was just about to say this. They ain’t no homecoming game. Everyone wrote them off after Luck retired, but that defense plays some stout ball with not a lot of names.

Falcons should win, but I expect another slog — maybe/hopefully not as tight as tonight but they’re gonna have to earn it or it’s gonna be like last season when we walked into Cleveland thinking we were back on track.

I doubt they will be cocky. I'm sure Matt will be determined to have s great game with no picks.

7 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

We matchup decently, but like others have said that defense is solid, and their o-line is top of the league. If our d-line plays like they did tonight though, there’s no reason why their offense should beat us. If our offense can execute and not turn the ball over 3 times a game, we should win. But factor in the fact that it’s an AFC opponent and our chances of winning go down the ******* tube. 

7 hours ago, WPGFALCONSFAN said:

Great oline and dline, gonna be another one that's won in the trenches. Gotta stop Mack and find our game on offense and we should get it done. Hopefully Ryan gets his **** together next week and we put in 4 quarters.

7 hours ago, TheDancingBird said:

Bring on our rush D like we did tonight and I like our chances. They're a physical though, so are the Titans, we got them week 3. The Colts and Titans played this afternoon too and it was a defensive battle. Winable games imo, 3-1 would feel unbelievable after the first game.

Sounds like we are going to have to win throwing the ball.

8 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Um...don't homecoming games have to be...at home?

8 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

It starts with stopping the run. Cleveland had stout lines and ran the ball at will. 

8 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Colts defense is pretty freaking stout. We definitely won't have an easier time scoring on them than we did tonight in my opinion. I think we win the game just because their offense isn't that great. 

Yep. Stout defense, GREAT offensive line, and running game. Brissett is off and on but pretty capable. It wont but easy but I like the Falcons chances. 

9 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

I think you nailed it here.  

I'll just add that I think our O is adjusting and syncing.  Offense is more about execution and that takes game reps.  Add to that the new OC and I expected our offense might be behind the curve for the first 3-4 games.  That said, I think our offense continues to improved next week and our Defense seems to be playing with attitude and confidence which is always a bonus.  

So as you said, I think their O will struggle against our D which will give our O time to get in sync and build confidence in an important road game.  The Falcons know that with Cam looking bad and Brees out for at least a few games, the time is NOW to make hay and stack up some wins.  

Go falcons

10 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I was just going to use the Cleveland reference.