Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeonDeion

Even Bad Ryan is ELITE

228 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

Ryan is irrelevant, that is why no one mentions him.  He is the equivalent of 3D television, the laser disc and the walkman...  If Ryan was smart he should get caught in Decatur some where scoring meth or something... That's the only way people will start talking about him... 

Ryan was MVP in 2016. People know him. 

8 hours ago, treboyplay said:

I laugh when I hear ppl throw out his int stats from last yr or 2016. Let’s talk about his TOTAL career. In the 10 yrs he played before this one he only had 3 yrs with less than ten picks. The other 7 he threw 11 picks or higher in every season. 

Then he only threw for 30+ tds three times out of those ten yrs. With weapons like Roddy, Tony, Julio, HD. So let’s talk facts. His averages show what his norm is and that’s to throw picks.  I have been a Ryan fan and I have defended him but the truth is the truth. He makes mistakes that a veteran who some on this message board call “elite” should not be making. 

Is that enough Fact for you? 

Fact is Matt is currently #14 all time best career INT %. He doesn’t throw many. 

You need to find another thing to nitpick because INTs aren’t going to be a winner in Ryan’s case. 

33 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Ryan was MVP in 2016. People know him. 

He is better known for having lost SB Ll, and a 25 point lead... 

10 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Good. Doesn't change my point whatsoever. Ryan is known. Known well enough to have been selected as the best player in football for a season.

Edited by Geneaut

8 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

LMAO. When Stephen A Smith is your reference it’s time to take your loss, pack up your bags, and go home. 

The point is NOBODY is talking about Ryan in the media, NONE of them.  They on to the next generation of quarterbacks because until or if Ryan wins a Superbowl they don't care for him...

7 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

The point is NOBODY is talking about Ryan in the media, NONE of them.  They on to the next generation of quarterbacks because until or if Ryan wins a Superbowl they don't care for him...

You must be new here. The media hates the Falcons. Like always. Ryan is boring. Has nothing to do with his play on the field. 

3 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

You must be new here. The media hates the Falcons. Like always. Ryan is boring. Has nothing to do with his play on the field. 

They gave Ryan a chance during that Superbowl run.  There were folks in the media suspect of him and said that year was a fluke.  Last season proved that Ryan is not a fluke but the national media, I agree, forgot about him after 28-3.  One thing I do agree on them with though is he is not good in redzone.  

Edited by slickgadawg

On 9/16/2019 at 9:19 AM, slickgadawg said:

Matt Ryan is NOT a elite quarterback. Yesterday showed why the media " disrespects ryan".  Everything has to be PERFECT around him. ( he is Joe Montana with a clean pocket).  The pocket has to be clean and you better not put a finger on him.  He can't throw on the run with accuracy ( thats where those overthrown balls come from).   Wentz was out there LITERALLY throwing balls with defenders draped on him and getting them to his receivers. Wentz can throw on the run.  You have to be objective about this.  

Ryan does not make this throw:

You're not being objective. This is just a silly hot take based on a one game sample size.

So what? Tom Brady couldn't make that throw regardless of how old he is. Neither could Drew Brees. Doesn't stop them from being great. If pure athleticism was a major predictor of success at the QB position, most of the league's elite throughout history would be busts.

1 hour ago, joeyg2033 said:

What are you known for Joey ?

Besides sucking your thumb & trolling our QB...

Ergo Proxy likes this

14 minutes ago, No.11 said:

You're not being objective. This is just a silly hot take based on a one game sample size.

So what? Tom Brady couldn't make that throw regardless of how old he is. Neither could Drew Brees. Doesn't stop them from being great. If pure athleticism was a major predictor of success at the QB position, most of the league's elite throughout history would be busts.

One game?  

9 hours ago, treboyplay said:

I laugh when I hear ppl throw out his int stats from last yr or 2016. Let’s talk about his TOTAL career. In the 10 yrs he played before this one he only had 3 yrs with less than ten picks. The other 7 he threw 11 picks or higher in every season. 

Then he only threw for 30+ tds three times out of those ten yrs. With weapons like Roddy, Tony, Julio, HD. So let’s talk facts. His averages show what his norm is and that’s to throw picks.  I have been a Ryan fan and I have defended him but the truth is the truth. He makes mistakes that a veteran who some on this message board call “elite” should not be making. 

Is that enough Fact for you? 

Naah, because you're not considering how many throws he made. For int percentage, as in ints per attempts, Ryan is one of the best ever.

And, Peyton had a 6 int game in his 10th year, Brees a 5 int game in his 11th year, Brady a 4 int game in his 12th year. This idea that elite players never have bad games is just silly.

5 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

One game?  

Yeah, one game, the one on Sunday night.

And even that one isn't a good sample because we won and Ryan threw the game-winning TD to Julio on 4th and 3. Everything certainly wasn't perfect around him. Jim Schwartz was sending blitzes all game. Ryan threw 3 picks. Eagles pulled ahead late. Ryan responded with the brilliant audible to release Julio on a screen with an all out blitz coming. That's what great QBs do. 

16 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

The way we won points to the flaws of this team, which means we won't be winning for long.  Enjoy this win is a win is a win when we end up 7-9 again because other teams won't be playing with their starters on the bench.

Ok.  Enjoy your negative, miserable outlook on life.

I'll admit that I read the first page and didn't look at the rest. I assume it's more of the same, arguing the same points as on the first page. Some say Ryan is elite, others say he isn't. I'll ask this, was Brett Favre elite? I think he was and how many interceptions did HE throw? ;)

Geneaut and GhostofGritz like this

On 9/18/2019 at 9:56 PM, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Enjoy your flawed football team.

C’mon man. The wagon ain’t full speed yet. You can always change your mind and become a fan again.

Geneaut likes this

1 hour ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Enjoy your flawed football team.

I will and I will still have a happy life.  Go ahead and keep pouting and acting like a baby about things out of your control.  

GhostofGritz and Geneaut like this

43 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

C’mon man. The wagon ain’t full speed yet. You can always change your mind and become a fan again.SpongeBoB.jpg.5b0db6e9c9a0b26faff549b05596a61d.jpg

It’s deeper than football.

Ergo Proxy likes this

On 9/16/2019 at 0:18 AM, treboyplay said:

Yes elite QB’s have bad games too. But Matt is not in their class. I have been a fan of his but the truth is the truth. Matt has these types of games WAYYYYY too often for my taste. I pray I’m wrong but I don’t have strong faith that he can lead that team to a ring. 

You must not have watched him ball in a Superbowl that the Falcons should have won if not for incredible bad luck and coaching decisions. He can definitely win it.

Geneaut likes this

On 9/16/2019 at 1:19 AM, Geneaut said:

Brady lost a SB also. Does that mean he sucks? Heck he's lost 2 so is he twice as bad as Ryan?

Bad example.  He may have lost a SB, but also look at how many he's one. He's set the standard.  Unlike Ryan he probably has a 3:1 or 2:1.  That's just a rough estimate or guess.  Won:lost ratio when it comes to Super Bowls.

15 minutes ago, Chitown2ATL_Falcon said:

Bad example.  He may have lost a SB, but also look at how many he's one. He's set the standard.  Unlike Ryan he probably has a 3:1 or 2:1.  That's just a rough estimate or guess.  Won:lost ratio when it comes to Super Bowls.

Not the point I was making. Answering another poster. 

On 9/15/2019 at 10:58 PM, NeonDeion said:

Ryan had an awful game and I’m one of the biggest Ryan homers. 

But all elite QBs have bad games. Brees once threw 5 INTs against us in a single game. Manning once threw 3 INTs.

But elite QBs make the throws that matter. Even when our D gives it up  after, time and again Ryan makes the clutch throw very very few QBs make. 

Easy bubble toss? Sure. But he still had to make it. 

Thats my quarterback.