Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeonDeion

Even Bad Ryan is ELITE

228 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

This guy gets it.  He won thanks to Philly's injured starters, interceptions, and drops.

A win...is a win...is a win.  He won thanks to JJ and JM making a fantastic play.  He won despite Bryant shanking a horrible kick.  He won despite injuries on offensive line.  He won despite JJ dropping a pass that hit him in the hands.

Things happen.  Injuries happen.  It’s a team game.  A win is a win.

Matt Ryan is NOT a elite quarterback. Yesterday showed why the media " disrespects ryan".  Everything has to be PERFECT around him. ( he is Joe Montana with a clean pocket).  The pocket has to be clean and you better not put a finger on him.  He can't throw on the run with accuracy ( thats where those overthrown balls come from).   Wentz was out there LITERALLY throwing balls with defenders draped on him and getting them to his receivers. Wentz can throw on the run.  You have to be objective about this.  

Ryan does not make this throw:

Image result for carson wentz vic beasley

3 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Matt Ryan is NOT a elite quarterback. Yesterday showed why the media " disrespects ryan".  Everything has to be PERFECT around him. ( he is Joe Montana with a clean pocket).  The pocket has to be clean and you better not put a finger on him.  He can't throw on the run with accuracy ( thats where those overthrown balls come from).   Wentz was out there LITERALLY throwing balls with defenders draped on him and getting them to his receivers. Wentz can throw on the run.  You have to be objective about this.  

Meh.  Don’t need him to be elite.  Just need him to keep winning.

Geneaut likes this

6 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

You do know Wentz threw picks and was equally terrible. One thing Ryan did was Audible at the line for game winning TD after reading the D. QB isn’t just physical skill, you need brains.

11 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

LOL. It appears you’ve missed Ryan’s entire career.:lol:

He’s made tons and tons of throws under pressure 

Edited by NeonDeion

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

You do know Wentz threw picks and was equally terrible. One thing Ryan did was Audible at the line for game winning TD after reading the D. QB isn’t just physical skill, you need brains.

brah, a first year junior high quarterback can read the defense on this play. NO SAFETY, everybody man up and the linebackers in the hole.  thats a blitz.  ANY quarterback can read that simple play.  It was philly showing disrespect for the rebuilt falcon offensive line.  Once Julio made the first man miss and he got the block it was a foot race...

Eagles-vs-Falcons-Week-2-Highlights-NFL-2019-10-17-screenshot

Edited by slickgadawg

9 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Ryan single-handedly almost lost us this game. He made awful decisions all game. So, not sure what game OP watched.

So nah, can't co-sign that. We won in spite of Matt Ryan tonight. Hope he starts playing better this year, because these first two weeks won't cut it for a deep run.

Agreed he was awful 2/3 of the game and that's with a sum what clean pocket.... He made key throws but the 3 int's almost sent us to 0-2. If we had lost night the server would hv crashed im sure

Spts1 likes this

Just now, slickgadawg said:

brah, a first year junior high quarterback can read the defense on this play. NO SAFETY, everybody man up and the linebackers in the hole.  thats a blitz.  ANY quarterback can read that simple play.  It was philly showing disrespect for the rebuilt falcon offensive line.  Once Julio made the first man miss and he got the block it was a foot race...

https://ibb.co/yyY5kv7

Lmao. That’s the dumbest thing I read all day. If your OC didn’t read the play, thejunior high QB can? Good day to you and happy trolling.

NeonDeion likes this

1 minute ago, NeonDeion said:

yall know ryan has to have a clean pocket with his feet set.  I've seen THAT his whole career...

2 minutes ago, Diggable Birds said:

Agreed he was awful 2/3 of the game and that's with a sum what clean pocket.... He made key throws but the 3 int's almost sent us to 0-2. If we had lost night the server would hv crashed im sure

exactly. In fact the eagles were one dropped pass from augulor or whatever his name is from winning that game...

9 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Ryan single-handedly almost lost us this game. He made awful decisions all game. So, not sure what game OP watched.

So nah, can't co-sign that. We won in spite of Matt Ryan tonight. Hope he starts playing better this year, because these first two weeks won't cut it for a deep run.

Exactly.  

14 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

that was a great throw from his knees no doubt, he also was missing wide open targets. he was throwing high all night talking about wentz

9 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

yall know ryan has to have a clean pocket with his feet set.  I've seen THAT his whole career...

for deep passes yes, but he has made a career of rolling out and picking up 15 to 25 yds, him and roddy use to eat of that constantly 

He's tough as nails, mentally and physically. He makes so few mistakes, it actually surprises me when they happen in a bunch like last night. Still, when the chips are down, I'm always confident he'll do his job well. 

19 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Agreed. Just an absurd post. Sheer buffoonery. 

Ergo Proxy, Geneaut and NeonDeion like this

9 hours ago, treboyplay said:

Yes elite QB’s have bad games too. But Matt is not in their class. I have been a fan of his but the truth is the truth. Matt has these types of games WAYYYYY too often for my taste. I pray I’m wrong but I don’t have strong faith that he can lead that team to a ring. 

When??? He had 35 TD's and only 7 INT's last year.  Please use facts instead of writing your own narrative...

Ergo Proxy, Geneaut and NeonDeion like this

9 hours ago, coastiemike said:

He would already have led them to one if the defense didn’t falter in the 4th quarter and our former OC didn’t lose his mind and would have ran the ball the entire **** second half.

The defense was on the field the entire 2nd half of that Super Bowl. They are humans now. The fatigue option isn't cut off. Not the defense fault they played almost 100 plays. 

9 hours ago, treboyplay said:

Yes elite QB’s have bad games too. But Matt is not in their class. I have been a fan of his but the truth is the truth. Matt has these types of games WAYYYYY too often for my taste. I pray I’m wrong but I don’t have strong faith that he can lead that team to a ring. 

which is why I said yesterday's game is a prime example of why they never vote ryan as a " elite " quarterback.  Stephen A. Smith and the crew are right now debating about Dak or Wentz, no mention one bit of ryan...

treboyplay likes this

1 minute ago, droopy1592 said:

Didn’t Wentz have a 6.2qb rating first half? He could have done better throwing it into the dirt every play. 

exactly if you go quarter by quarter he played very badly with some great throws thrown in.

Drew4719 and Ergo Proxy like this

9 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

I'm sorry... How many Sb's does Ryan have? Now how many does Rodgers and Brees have? Case closed. 

Ummmm 1. Yay!! Didn't know a single SB ring is the difference between an elite QB and just a "good QB". Guess Dan Marino doesn't even deserve to be in the HoF. What a bum he is also.

Ergo Proxy likes this

42 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

He's tough as nails, mentally and physically. He makes so few mistakes, it actually surprises me when they happen in a bunch like last night. Still, when the chips are down, I'm always confident he'll do his job well. 

It really is shocking when those mistakes happen. Just looking at the int's he threw last night, he was pressured on the rainbow shot to Julio that resulted in a duck(JJ didn't even know it was short), Graham looked like he got enough on Ryan to alter his throw in the end zone(you can tell he was aiming more for the back of the end zone based off of Hoopers route trajectory), and the one to Jones was tipped first by Ridley and into his hands. I would say only one of those was truly his mistake, and that was due to him not throwing it to Stocker for an easy first and potential TD if Stocker makes a play.

thanat0s likes this