Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeonDeion

Even Bad Ryan is ELITE

228 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, joeyg2033 said:

Ryan had every weapon at his disposal and barely won.  Wentz had no one.. You think if DeSean Jackson or Jefferies had played that the game would've been that close?  Even you couldn't be that dumb...

You are the one who is arguing Wins are directly related to QBs wanting to win. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

wait until you tell him about Dan Marino.

I was going to wait on that one,  but now that you’ve brought it up...

Eli is better than Favre, Marino, Kelly, Fouts, Brees, Rodgers, and at least a dozen other hall of fame greats.

Ergo Proxy and Geneaut like this

1 minute ago, coastiemike said:

He didn’t have a top five defense at his disposal. He also didn’t have all of his starting lineman at his disposal.

I love how injuries are an excuse for every team in the league but ours.  The board called for Quinn's head last year, when the entire center of his defense was on injured reserve.  A win is a win.  That's the NFL.  If Brees is out for the year, and we beat them, it will be the same story. 

And I worry a lot less about early season games, because for one, Neal and Allen aare coming off serious injuries.  Julio never plays preseason, and a multitude of other factors.  Our team is not in sync. 

In '16, what was our first half record?  Not great.  But we caught fire, started running on all eight cylinders, and made it to the Super Bowl.

Is that gonna happen this year?  Maybe, maybe not.  But I'm not gonna panic after two games, or even after eight. 

Geneaut, NeonDeion and Ergo Proxy like this

1 minute ago, dirtybird2k5 said:

I love how injuries are an excuse for every team in the league but ours.  The board called for Quinn's head last year, when the entire center of his defense was on injured reserve.  A win is a win.  That's the NFL.  If Brees is out for the year, and we beat them, it will be the same story. 

And I worry a lot less about early season games, because for one, Neal and Allen aare coming off serious injuries.  Julio never plays preseason, and a multitude of other factors.  Our team is not in sync. 

In '16, what was our first half record?  Not great.  But we caught fire, started running on all eight cylinders, and made it to the Super Bowl.

Is that gonna happen this year?  Maybe, maybe not.  But I'm not gonna panic after two games, or even after eight. 

Agree 100%.  But you forgot one important thing..... FTS

Actually two important things.  The other is he didn’t answer the questions.

dirtybird2k5 and Geneaut like this

18 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

I’m on the west coast so I can do this as long as he likes.  I also run my own distribution center so can be late if I need to stay up a little later. 

Eh, your sleep matters more. ;) Dude already got exposed. Sweet dreams good sir! :tiphat:

2 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

Agree 100%.  But you forgot one important thing..... FTS

Actually two important things.  The other is he didn’t answer the questions.

Trolls are gonna troll, playa.

It's what all the kids are into these days.  Just like the terrible music they listen to.

We escaped that gm. We were fortunate their top 2 Wrs were hurt. It shouldnt have been that close we let them back in. Bosher had me so nervous with those weak punts.

A win is a win though.

Ergo Proxy likes this

5 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Ryan had an awful game and I’m one of the biggest Ryan homers. 

But all elite QBs have bad games. Brees once threw 5 INTs against us in a single game. Manning once threw 3 INTs.

But elite QBs make the throws that matter. Even when our D gives it up  after, time and again Ryan makes the clutch throw very very few QBs make. 

Easy bubble toss? Sure. But he still had to make it. 

Thats my quarterback. 

MR2 made it harder than it should have been.

Thank you JMatthews, defense, and JJ.

We should have thumped Philly at home in prime time. ..MR made it a game.

jdawg4876 and Ergo Proxy like this

16 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Yes that was said in my post. He still made the game-winning clutch throw 

Geneaut and Ergo Proxy like this

13 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

This is true, but special teams didnt help either, besides causing the fumble. You had a bad shank by bryant, also bryant couldnt get the ball to the endzone, and bosher avg 35 yds a punt or so. Plus constant penalties on special teams

Ergo Proxy likes this

4 hours ago, coastiemike said:

It just dawned on me.  Ryan has won a conference championship and been in a SB.  That makes him better than the current Chiefs QB! What is that guys name again?

You could only dream to have Mahomes as your QB...

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

6 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Ryan single-handedly almost lost us this game. He made awful decisions all game. So, not sure what game OP watched.

So nah, can't co-sign that. We won in spite of Matt Ryan tonight. Hope he starts playing better this year, because these first two weeks won't cut it for a deep run.

This guy gets it.  He won thanks to Philly's injured starters, interceptions, and drops.

7 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Excellent point. Best QBs are between the ears. Manning’s arm was just a bit above average 

The best qbs have a arm and can read defenses...

5 hours ago, coastiemike said:

So even though you win more rings, it doesn’t make you better?  Ok, we are finally getting somewhere.  So even though Ryan doesn’t have a ring, he is better than several SB wining QBs such as Dilfer, Namath, and McMahon.  Got it.

So is Ryan better than every QB to not make a SB?

Ha ha keep tearing him up

7 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

Seriously dude? Elite? MR is a very good qb... Not elite. His three ill advised throws which were intercepted single handedly  kept the Eagles in this game. The pick in the end zone was sickening. Elite qb's don't do that. Elite qb's step on your throat when your on the ground. Has Hoop wide open at the 4, and forces it into triple coverage. Yes throws a td to Julio in the end. But it was Julio who made the play. Just happy they won, but Ryan will break your heart every chance he gets... 

People call Brees elite, but I've seen Debo pick him off to seal the game time and Tim again. 

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

There are a lot of QBs with better arms than Peyton had 

What?  Just because they got a arm means they can't read a defense?:lol:

Ergo Proxy likes this