Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeonDeion

Even Bad Ryan is ELITE

228 posts in this topic

On 9/17/2019 at 2:34 PM, No.11 said:

Yeah, one game, the one on Sunday night.

And even that one isn't a good sample because we won and Ryan threw the game-winning TD to Julio on 4th and 3. Everything certainly wasn't perfect around him. Jim Schwartz was sending blitzes all game. Ryan threw 3 picks. Eagles pulled ahead late. Ryan responded with the brilliant audible to release Julio on a screen with an all out blitz coming. That's what great QBs do. 

Ryan is pure class as well. Appreciate him fans.

NeonDeion likes this

I’m kind of glad we’ve never drafted a legit backup, since so many Atlanta fans would just be calling for the backup to start after any and every bad game from Matt, even if outside of those games he played at MVP levels. I still recall games with fans behind me screaming for them to bench Matt in favor of Schaub. I don’t know if this is a product of years and years of inconsistent play from the team historically or the fact that Atlanta is a transient city, but I doubt any other QB at Matt’s level gets near the disrespect from the home fan base as does Matt.

Legit MVP caliber QBs don’t grow on trees and are not that common around the league. I for one am thankful that we have one in Atlanta.