Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeonDeion

Even Bad Ryan is ELITE

228 posts in this topic

Ryan had an awful game and I’m one of the biggest Ryan homers. 

But all elite QBs have bad games. Brees once threw 5 INTs against us in a single game. Manning once threw 3 INTs.

But elite QBs make the throws that matter. Even when our D gives it up  after, time and again Ryan makes the clutch throw very very few QBs make. 

Easy bubble toss? Sure. But he still had to make it. 

Thats my quarterback. 

2 minutes ago, wurzshep19 said:

The throw was good, the READ is what made all the difference (and that Matthews block)

Excellent point. Best QBs are between the ears. Manning’s arm was just a bit above average 

Edited by NeonDeion

Ryan single-handedly almost lost us this game. He made awful decisions all game. So, not sure what game OP watched.

So nah, can't co-sign that. We won in spite of Matt Ryan tonight. Hope he starts playing better this year, because these first two weeks won't cut it for a deep run.

Spts1, FWEST1, zekeyboy1 and 6 others like this

2 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Ryan single-handedly almost lost us this game. He made awful decisions all game. So, not sure what game OP watched.

So nah, can't co-sign that. We won in spite of Matt Ryan tonight. Hope he starts playing better this year, because these first two weeks won't cut it for a deep run.

Nothing is single handedly in the NFL, Maybe if the line played a little better, but yes not his best game, that being said STFU,  How many times has he won the game? 37? I would say a lot more......

9 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Ryan also put up points tonight. So get a better understanding of the term single handedly before you start popping off at the mouth.

9 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Not wrong, but we came out from a stretch against the two defenses we struggle with most - the two teams in the 2017 NFCCG - at 1-1. And Ryan can only get better from here.

Drew4719, MSalmon and PokerSteve like this

11 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Lol didn’t read my post. I said he was awful. I said he still won. I said that’s what elite QBs do 

22 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

But all elite QBs have bad games. Brees once threw 5 INTs against us in a single game. Manning once threw 3 INTs.

But elite QBs make the throws that matter. Even when our D gives it up  after, time and again Ryan makes the clutch throw very very few QBs make. 

Thats my quarterback. 

Yes elite QB’s have bad games too. But Matt is not in their class. I have been a fan of his but the truth is the truth. Matt has these types of games WAYYYYY too often for my taste. I pray I’m wrong but I don’t have strong faith that he can lead that team to a ring. 

Edited by treboyplay
Spts1 and EpicBird like this

20 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Thats my quarterback. 

3/5 INTs were to our 3rd TE

2 minutes ago, treboyplay said:

Yes elite QB’s have bad games too. But Matt is not in their class. I have been a fan of his but the truth is the truth. Matt has these types of games WAYYYYY too often for my taste. I pray I’m wrong but I don’t have strong that he can lead that team to a ring. 

He would already have led them to one if the defense didn’t falter in the 4th quarter and our former OC didn’t lose his mind and would have ran the ball the entire **** second half.

4 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

And he worked under Jeff Fisher... and Gregg Williams... and Jim Washburn.

Yep. But his apprentice started with BB in Cleveland. He hardly got paid with Cleveland but did make a name after that. 

No. He was horrible don’t let this win blind you. And it concerns me esp. being st the game and seeing him miss WIDE OPEN receivers to throw in dbl coverage time and time again.

408Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, treboyplay said:

Yes elite QB’s have bad games too. But Matt is not in their class. I have been a fan of his but the truth is the truth. Matt has these types of games WAYYYYY too often for my taste. I pray I’m wrong but I don’t have strong that he can lead that team to a ring. 

Yes Ryan's career is peppered with 3 int games. Wait. It actually isn't. Bye Felicia. 

3 minutes ago, rings639 said:

3/5 INTs were to our 3rd TE

Yep. It’s something he isn’t doing correctly in just about every play. 

Just now, coastiemike said:

He would already have led them to one of the defense didn’t falter in th 4th quarter and our former OC didn’t lose his mind and ran the ball the entire **** second half.

We can say he would have but the fact is he didn’t. I think he played good that game but maybe it was one more play he could have made. Maybe he could have seen Hightower shift over to blitz and pointed it out to Freeman. Either way that’s in the past and I haven’t seen that Matt Ryan in the first two games of this season. 

Just now, treboyplay said:

We can say he would have but the fact is he didn’t. I think he played good that game but maybe it was one more play he could have made. Maybe he could have seen Hightower shift over to blitz and pointed it out to Freeman. Either way that’s in the past and I haven’t seen that Matt Ryan in the first two games of this season. 

You realize it was one of the top five performances in SB history?