caponine

Freeman ??

99 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Romfal said:

he's no longer 1 cut go,

If blocking isn’t in sync, 1 cut and go ain’t happening for any RB.

I suspect the issue is the OL timing far more than Freeman, but next two games will reveal the truth to posters who know what they are watching

GrimeyKidd likes this

I see a lot of excuses on here for Freeman when his numbers in the box score have been ugly for a while. He's a lock to be cut next year, so you may as well go 50/50 on the workload with Ito.

14 hours ago, B_84falcons said:

Agreed lol two teams notorious for being solid against the run. He definitely showed he had the twitch on that catch. He will get rolling

Also, had to play 5 or 6 OL lineups in two games against those fronts. Not a picnic.

If we can stay injury free up front for a few games Free and MR2 will get on track.

14 hours ago, caponine said:

What's your thoughts so far concerning him?? He dont look like he got it anymore. If ito was inactive,  I dont see how we win this game 

He put us in scoring position before the last Ryan pick AND he's bigger.

14 minutes ago, stizz said:

I see a lot of excuses on here for Freeman when his numbers in the box score have been ugly for a while. He's a lock to be cut next year, so you may as well go 50/50 on the workload with Ito.

The only difference between Ito and Free right now is Ito is breaking a long gain in both games that make his box score look better.  Also, stop looking at box scores!

Ito Smith :  OPP/Rushes/Yards/Long

vs Minny : 6/31/16...5 for 15 yards without

vs Philly : 4/32/28...3 for 4 yards without

I agree that Free looks off, but he has basically had a year and a half off of football, going against top tier rushing defenses, new linemen, new coordinator, trying to knock the rust off.  Let's let this line gel a bit, let Free get the speed back a bit, then judge him before locking him up for anything especially with a $6m dead cap, eh?

caponine, gazoo, rounz and 1 other like this

We’ve got fans who just look at stats to bash players with no level of analysis to back up their positions.  Some here will be unfairly critical to Freeman because they selfishly want one of the new RBs to play. 

THEHEADCOACH, athell and Vandy like this

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

We’ve got fans who just look at stats to bash players with no level of analysis to back up their positions.  Some here will be unfairly critical to Freeman because they selfishly want one of the new RBs to play. 

Box score experts are the worst...

THEHEADCOACH, gazoo and Vandy like this

5 minutes ago, athell said:

Box score experts are the worst...

Freeman has been a star player for us, he deserves the benefit of the doubt if nothing else, yet some willing to start trashing him because they personally want one of the guys behind him to start.

Vandy, Mid-Nite-Toker and athell like this

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Freeman has been a star player for us, he deserves the benefit of the doubt if nothing else, yet some willing to start trashing him because they personally want one of the guys behind him to start.

Which, I understand if people want to see more of Ito or Ollie or whatever, fans have their preferences...but yeah the narratives sometimes here get a lil sketchy.

I want our run game to work.  Period.  I don't think Free is holding it back meaning he is preventing snaps from a guy that's going to explode.  At least yet.

gazoo likes this

3 minutes ago, athell said:

Which, I understand if people want to see more of Ito or Ollie or whatever, fans have their preferences...but yeah the narratives sometimes here get a lil sketchy.

I want our run game to work.  Period.  I don't think Free is holding it back meaning he is preventing snaps from a guy that's going to explode.  At least yet.

I get that some are questioning things, but when they totally ignore the importance of the blockers all being in sync for our running game to be dominant it makes me question their motives 

athell, HASHBROWN3 and Vandy like this

3 hours ago, Andrews_31 said:

Still pulling for him.  Philly is no joke (for real)!!!!

This.  People have to realize that Philly allowed only 28 yards rushing last week...28.  We rushed for 57 this week.  Philly is no joke when it comes to run D.

Vandy and Andrews_31 like this

15 hours ago, caponine said:

What's your thoughts so far concerning him?? He dont look like he got it anymore. If ito was inactive,  I dont see how we win this game 

Why would Ito be inactive? 

4 hours ago, athell said:

The only difference between Ito and Free right now is Ito is breaking a long gain in both games that make his box score look better.  Also, stop looking at box scores!

Ito Smith :  OPP/Rushes/Yards/Long

vs Minny : 6/31/16...5 for 15 yards without

vs Philly : 4/32/28...3 for 4 yards without

I agree that Free looks off, but he has basically had a year and a half off of football, going against top tier rushing defenses, new linemen, new coordinator, trying to knock the rust off.  Let's let this line gel a bit, let Free get the speed back a bit, then judge him before locking him up for anything especially with a $6m dead cap, eh?

Designated as a June 1 cut would serve a bit better. We just have to look at ways to create cap space and figure out how to continue to improve. Beasley, Freeman and Bosher being let go gives us around 20M. We have to ask ourselves if the production of those three warrants 20M and right now there's a clear answer.

Like Gazoo said, it’ll take some time to get back on track & Free is no exception.

I’ll gladly give him a game or 2 to find his legs but he looks sluggish right now.

Ito needs to get more reps until Free gets back on top of it.  Ito looks much crisper & explosive through 2 games.

Hoping Free snaps out of it soon though. We’ll need both of em.

He actually looked great to start the game. I was excited screaming he’s back. Then Paulsen or Stocker (I forget which) whiffs on a block and he keeps blown up in the backfield on a sweep. It was down hill from there 

15 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

^^^ This!! Saquan Barkley is the real deal.

He sure is!  But the kid outta Minny isn’t too far off right now imho.  Time’ll tell. 

6 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

He sure is!  But the kid outta Minny isn’t too far off right now imho.  Time’ll tell. 

He has to actually stay healthy. Plus him and Zeke have stellar offensive lines. Barkley has to do that **** on his own. Cook needs to continue close to his current pace for a full season to be considered top 5. 

HASHBROWN3 likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

He has to actually stay healthy. Plus him and Zeke have stellar offensive lines. Barkley has to do that **** on his own. Cook needs to continue close to his current pace for a full season to be considered top 5. 

Great points all!

Agree totally.  He’s off to a good start. 

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

Great points all!

Agree totally.  He’s off to a good start. 

I liked Dalvin coming in. Knew he’d be a game changer but that injury bug has hit him hard since being drafted. He’s gonna be solid though

HASHBROWN3 likes this