Jump to content

Freeman ??


caponine
 Share

Recommended Posts

Free is pressing too hard, coming back from injury. he’s one of those little spurts that naturally does that 

If theres anybody I say give him a few games to catch his groove it’s Free. One of the best backs in the game when healthy and I don’t think injuries have robbed him of any explosiveness

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would probably agree he’s not the same player he was a few years ago, however he’s still a viable starting back, problem is he’s got nothing to run behind.

 

i do think Ito needs more touches and either hill or ollison needs to be active in place of maybe Riley (between Campbell, Jones, grace and foye we should be fine considering we’re mainly in nickel and ish can be emergency cover)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I think we’ve played 2 very physical defenses that are stingy as **** on the running game 

 

Just now, TheFatboi said:

It’s that simple really. 

But Ito Smith hasn't struggled to gain yards on the ground against the same two defenses. Ito is outplaying Devonta Freeman right now and deserves more carries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

 

But Ito Smith hasn't struggled to gain yards on the ground against the same two defenses. Ito is outplaying Devonta Freeman right now and deserves more carries.

Ito looks good. But I think that’s more of a tempo thing man. Hard to explain. FatBoi can probably do better than I can there 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

 

But Ito Smith hasn't struggled to gain yards on the ground against the same two defenses. Ito is outplaying Devonta Freeman right now and deserves more carries.

When Freeman is out the game the focus is completely ok Julio. So there’s less in the box or more eyes on Julio. Free comes back in more in the box again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I think we’ve played 2 very physical defenses that are stingy as **** on the running game 

I have no problem admitting that , there were runs he didnt make that he would make 2 years ago. It's like he has lost some of his vision but that's strange because you never lose that 

Edited by caponine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TheFatboi said:

When Freeman is out the game the focus is completely ok Julio. So there’s less in the box or more eyes on Julio. Free comes back in more in the box again. 

Ok, that's probably part of it, but Freeman doesn't look as quick as he did before the knee injury. Those quick jab steps he was known for in 2016 just aren't there right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Ok, that's probably part of it, but Freeman doesn't look as quick as he did before the knee injury. Those quick jab steps he was known for in 2016 just aren't there right now.

I think he put on too much muscle. He looks really stiff. But I still expect him to get better as it goes tho. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

O Line dealing with injuries and two very, very good defenses. Ito is a PERFECT replacement for Coleman, and that’s exactly what this team needs. Lightning and thunder and they make a great duo. Freeman gets a pass from me this week. Mainly because of Ito’s play and because of injuries. I’m kind of curious if he’s actually 100% healthy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...