caponine

Freeman ??

99 posts in this topic

What's your thoughts so far concerning him?? He dont look like he got it anymore. If ito was inactive,  I dont see how we win this game 

Edited by caponine
duckhoa and Falcster like this

Free is pressing too hard, coming back from injury. he’s one of those little spurts that naturally does that 

If theres anybody I say give him a few games to catch his groove it’s Free. One of the best backs in the game when healthy and I don’t think injuries have robbed him of any explosiveness

rounz, Vandy, Cole World and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I think we’ve played 2 very physical defenses that are stingy as **** on the running game 

I concur to great DL's  and our OL injury riddled

JD dirtybird21 likes this

I would probably agree he’s not the same player he was a few years ago, however he’s still a viable starting back, problem is he’s got nothing to run behind.

i do think Ito needs more touches and either hill or ollison needs to be active in place of maybe Riley (between Campbell, Jones, grace and foye we should be fine considering we’re mainly in nickel and ish can be emergency cover)

1 minute ago, Inoffensive Display Name said:

He’s def lost a step, that’s for sure.

Yeah that wiggle hasn’t shown up since early 2017.....

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I think we’ve played 2 very physical defenses that are stingy as **** on the running game 

Just now, TheFatboi said:

It’s that simple really. 

But Ito Smith hasn't struggled to gain yards on the ground against the same two defenses. Ito is outplaying Devonta Freeman right now and deserves more carries.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

But Ito Smith hasn't struggled to gain yards on the ground against the same two defenses. Ito is outplaying Devonta Freeman right now and deserves more carries.

Ito looks good. But I think that’s more of a tempo thing man. Hard to explain. FatBoi can probably do better than I can there 

When Freeman is out the game the focus is completely ok Julio. So there’s less in the box or more eyes on Julio. Free comes back in more in the box again. 

rings639, apl2g, ATLskinjob and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Whatever. We gotta get this running game going if we expect to make any noise this year. Trade him bench him I don't care.

nobody's picking up that contract

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I have no problem admitting that , there were runs he didnt make that he would make 2 years ago. It's like he has lost some of his vision but that's strange because you never lose that 

Edited by caponine

Not the player he once was.  Can still get 10 to 15 touches a game and help out.  But we can no longer rely on him to be a main focal point in the offense.  We should move on from him next year.

Just now, TheFatboi said:

When Freeman is out the game the focus is completely ok Julio. So there’s less in the box or more eyes on Julio. Free comes back in more in the box again. 

Ok, that's probably part of it, but Freeman doesn't look as quick as he did before the knee injury. Those quick jab steps he was known for in 2016 just aren't there right now.

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ito looks good. But I think that’s more of a tempo thing man. Hard to explain. FatBoi can probably do better than I can there 

I just explained to him how the defense will stack freeman and when he leaves the game the focus is soley Julio. Ito is making teams pay attention tho. 

JD dirtybird21 likes this

Free is coming back from injury. Takes guys time to get back up to speed. Way too early to write him off. If he’s healthy in week 10 and still looks slow I’ll be more concerned. Also running behind and entirely new starting OL. He’ll get his vision back once he gets to know them 

rounz and rings639 like this

I don't think the offense as a whole is clicking just yet. New guys on the OL,injuries forcing other guys into action on that same OL(Lindstrom, Kaleb somewhat),  new offense again, and of course Free coming back from injuries. That's not even accounting for 2 tough defenses we've had to face. 

rounz likes this

Ok, that's probably part of it, but Freeman doesn't look as quick as he did before the knee injury. Those quick jab steps he was known for in 2016 just aren't there right now.

I think he put on too much muscle. He looks really stiff. But I still expect him to get better as it goes tho. 

O Line dealing with injuries and two very, very good defenses. Ito is a PERFECT replacement for Coleman, and that’s exactly what this team needs. Lightning and thunder and they make a great duo. Freeman gets a pass from me this week. Mainly because of Ito’s play and because of injuries. I’m kind of curious if he’s actually 100% healthy.

Team should have been running the ball more in the second half. Free picks up 4 yards...2nd and 6? Two straight passes. 

I think Free is looking good considering we've played two teams who are stout against the run. Considering, we have new personnel on the line and a new OC. Give it a little time before you shovel dirt on his grave.

6 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It’s that simple really. 

Agreed lol two teams notorious for being solid against the run. He definitely showed he had the twitch on that catch. He will get rolling